56 coaches online • Server time: 23:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
macike

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 09:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Do not waste your RRs. Especially if you're going to keep buying linos. Play to survive - do not leave your not protected (Block, Dodge) players away from opponent. Dodge them (using RR if necessary) to put assist somewhere else.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

mmmm ok...and I was going to advocate for ditching rerolls. I use 6 rerolls very seldom, 5 also, so 4 or 3 at this TR is enough. Yes, true, they will cost 100k later on, but the quicker you recover, the quicker you get wins back. I d go for -2 rerolls, and then see what to do.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Smile. The guarder that aged -ag died by the way. Rolled doubles on another and had just enough to buy a new lineman, so I still have eight players and two with guard.

Let me stress this again - I habitually need 6 re-rolls even with a full roster, that has helpfull skills like pass/sure hands/catch. I know it sounds stupid, but that's been pretty constantly the case in my 1300 something matches. So dropping them would be a real emergency issue. I'll try to continue getting them back up to 10/11 guys for now.

-Mnemon

Last edited by Mnemon on %b %11, %2006 - %11:%May; edited 1 time in total
Webbe

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
mmmm ok...and I was going to advocate for ditching rerolls. I use 6 rerolls very seldom, 5 also, so 4 or 3 at this TR is enough. Yes, true, they will cost 100k later on, but the quicker you recover, the quicker you get wins back. I d go for -2 rerolls, and then see what to do.

So very true!
Ditching 2 RRs will make your team drop off 10/10 TR/TS and that's a huge deal on so low TR.
Brad

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Radical sugestion that incorporates Dropping RRs and a bit more.

Wait two weeks, wait for the revised 7's league rules to come out, and if existing teams are allowed, drop all your RRs, and come on in. The team you have would have to drop the second Dragon Warrior to fit the rules, but would compete awesomely well in the cut down league. I've found playing 7s really gets you thinking strategically a LOT, and good practice for how to cover a field with only 5-7 men.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I repeat: Do *not* drop rerolls. Not ever. NEVER. Ok, guess that should clear it up.

As for fielding 0 players: I would think your TS is in the vicinity of 0 then (probably a bit higher due to fans, apo and rerolls), so finding an opponent is going to be very tough - perhaps another 0 player team would work.

As for recovery: The most important thing is to minimize damage - if you can put your players to safety or score another touchdown, I'd opt for the former.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Had I not recently played you I would have suggested losing 2 of the rerolls. I regularly drop a reroll whenever I feel the rerolls make up too large a proportion of my TR/TS.

In your case I'm not so sure since:

1: Your fanfactor is a bit too low to go dropping rerols, since it's going to be hard to get a new one once you have a full squad again.
2: With the dice rolls you get even 9 rerolls would not be enough Rolling Eyes

All I can say is: get some games against high ff teams, preferrably teams that are also recovering, and keep at it.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Optihut wrote:
I repeat: Do *not* drop rerolls. Not ever. NEVER. Ok, guess that should clear it up.

could I ask you for an argument?

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:

Rerolls are winning the games => +10k more gold per match. Rerolls allow you to get your players out of harms way => less repair costs for the team. Rerolls only drop your TR by 5, but cost 100k to replace => The minimal gain doesn't justify the hole it burns into your pockt. After you're up to 11 players, you'll find yourself doing many more recovery games to get your rerolls up to 6 again.

EDIT: Fixed a typo.
bgygas

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you should drop the rerolls. personally I'd get down to at only 3 maybe only 2.
Your TR/TS will drop radically, Your 8 players will significantly outskill other similar ranked teams with overly filled rosters. Then try to find some high ff khemri or woodelf teams or similar. If you play a bashy team run rings around them, play high risk strategies to get as many tds as possible, start out with trying to score, then as many 2dice blocks as poss then dodging away to leave 1 blitz per turn. Try to spread spps to get as many skill ups as quickly as possible.
If you play a bunch of novice woodelves or similar low av, try putting the bite on them, try to maim as many as possible. If the coach concedes all the better.
You might also want to consider the tactical concede, if you lose a couple of players to missing for next game then why not start the game and concede straight away, granted you lose the 1FF but without any stars to lose it would give you a much better chance in the next game.
my charlatans are roughly similarly ranked and just about getting back to full strength so if you ever fancy a rumble let me know...
cheers bgygas
Sumicus

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Let me start with this... I don't want to stir up anyone...

Just "Cherry-PicK" your next few games... Just like sooooooooooooo many others do on this great Online Game!

Not you, but... well others...
"Hey bud wanna game???"
"You have 4 Mummies on your team, No WAY!! Oh yeah, my cuder hurts too..."

Seriously though, "Cherry-Pick" your games.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Optihut wrote:
sk8bcn wrote:

Rerolls are winning the games => +10k more gold per match. Rerolls allow you to get your players out of harms way => less repair costs for the team. Rerolls only drop your TR by 5, but cost 100k to replace => The minimal gain doesn't justify the hole it burns into your pockt. After you're up to 11 players, you'll find yourself doing many more recovery games to get your rerolls up to 6 again.

EDIT: Fixed a typo.

Rerolls are winning the games => +10k more gold per match

I will add a logical implication in this sentance:

more rerolls=>win the game=>+10k

And answer: The first implication is false. Less players= less actions= less used rerolls. More TR= more skilled opponents= harder task to win.

Now you may debate around the improve that is such a reroll worth vs opponent str increase. I'd just say: take a look on the average rerolls left to have the right idea about that. IMO 10 wasted str is a lot on that TR.

"Rerolls allow you to get your players out of harms way => less repair costs for the team."

True but not really appropriated since the real question is. Does 6 rerolls get your players more safer than 4?

"Rerolls only drop your TR by 5, but cost 100k to replace"

And? I am recoverying. Recoverys IMO need the squad to skill up fairly equaly. If half of the team is over 60 spps per player and the second half at 0, you won't be successful anyway. So you'd better navigate at lower TRs the time your newbees skills. Thus if you wait because of rerolls, who cares?

I mean: suppose my str is 140. First game I spare 30k. str 140 still (I assume here you get 0 skill). You play vs a str 140 team. you continue to play at equal str all that spare time anyway.

"After you're up to 11 players, you'll find yourself doing many more recovery games to get your rerolls up to 6 again."

mmmmm. But I mean, do you really need 6 rerolls. I buy a 5th when my roster is just very deep. Before I usually don't need it and a 6th is very seldom (the doom and gloom argument may be my new reason to buy a 6th at very high TR)

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Do not retire any player ever unless he is Dead.
Do not use your Apothecary ever unless the player is Dead.
Get a Thrower.
Try to win a couple of games.
Cut your rerolls to 4.
coffindodger

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

What BigMac said except use Apo on permanent injury near end of match (unless you think it is just too risky! Smile)

BFN

Paul
Arktoris

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

keep the RRs. A lineman becomes a positional when he has a RR available. and with the lack of positionals right now, the RRs are your key to pulling off incredible TDs