14 coaches online • Server time: 07:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League zombie...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post 4,000TV!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Optihut

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8, so far I managed the recovery for my teams without dumping rerolls and thus I personally consider it a bad move to do so. My eagles' are currently in a bad shape, so I won't be buying a 6th reroll for them anytime soon, but you won't see me ditching the current rerolls either ( http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=141212 ) - I would consider it a very bad deal to throw away 100k in order to lower TR by 5 points. It's just not worth it (might be good, if it's a handicap and a better money bracket, but mostly it's just a waste).
Cloggy

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

As I said before, I HAVE dumped rerolls and still think it's a good idea in some situations.

In my case, I lost a Troll and a Bull centaur in 1 game with my cd's. The TR stayed up pretty high, and I calculated that dropping 2 rerolls would get me down the winnings brackets, and give me better chances of winning the recovery matches a s well. This makes a 20k difference per game initially. When you need 100k + to replace a lost player it might make a 2 game difference in getting back up to strength.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Sumicus wrote:
Let me start with this... I don't want to stir up anyone...

Just "Cherry-PicK" your next few games... Just like sooooooooooooo many others do on this great Online Game!

Not you, but... well others...
"Hey bud wanna game???"
"You have 4 Mummies on your team, No WAY!! Oh yeah, my cuder hurts too..."

Seriously though, "Cherry-Pick" your games.

=)

Saying it again - the problems didn't start with playing teams that had "killer skills" but it went downhill when I got offers from teams without mblow/dirty player, etc. Some even didn't have any tacklers at all :p. Anything and any team can kill another.

I won't touch the re-roll issue right now. I know what my dice rolls look like, usually. I still can drop them later should things continue to go bad.

And man, yes, the team is fun in a wicked way and doesn't deserve retirement.

-Mnemon
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:
keep the RRs. A lineman becomes a positional when he has a RR available. and with the lack of positionals right now, the RRs are your key to pulling off incredible TDs

wrong.

lineman block, roll push+block, I select push and won't reroll

Lineman pass, use reroll to pass, lineman catch (no reroll left) succeed but need a gfi=>crap need to change my plan now, that gfi is very dangerous.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

My Favorite team the "Ho-Ho-Hoes" were in the same boat, not as bad... I was down to 9 players.. All my Lion Warriors died... Just recently, they rose up out of the hot water.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=252861

Last night they did fantastic against Bill Brasky's Norse Team.

Sooooooooo, I personally wouldn't give up on them... Just do your games and ask certain teams to play, before any Bruisers get hold of them.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Optihut wrote:
sk8, so far I managed the recovery for my teams without dumping rerolls and thus I personally consider it a bad move to do so. My eagles' are currently in a bad shape, so I won't be buying a 6th reroll for them anytime soon, but you won't see me ditching the current rerolls either ( http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=141212 ) - I would consider it a very bad deal to throw away 100k in order to lower TR by 5 points. It's just not worth it (might be good, if it's a handicap and a better money bracket, but mostly it's just a waste).

And I would. I would ditch the reroll, retire the only missing catcher with 145 spps for 44 TR in total, so dropping for a 156 TR overall. Yes you can save your team. But if I want to win in R without retiring the team, I opt for drastical changes.

Healing quick -> requieres team balance.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
And I would. I would ditch the reroll, retire the only missing catcher with 145 spps for 44 TR in total, so dropping for a 156 TR overall. Yes you can save your team. But if I want to win in R without retiring the team, I opt for drastical changes.

Healing quick -> requieres team balance.

Ah so that's why we have these different opinions about the rerolls then: That catcher *is* the team - if I don't have her, there's no point keeping the eagles. I have yet to build a legend on fumbbl and this catcher is my best bet Wink
I don't care about winning all that much as I care about rebuilding the team and achieving legend status with a couple of players.
macike

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:
keep the RRs. A lineman becomes a positional when he has a RR available. and with the lack of positionals right now, the RRs are your key to pulling off incredible TDs

I second that.

@sk8bcn: I have no problem consuming 5-6 RRs per half.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

get those lineelves. Theres nothing better than good developed linemen on elfteams. When u get positionals, one tend to score and blitz with them all the time, making it harder to skill up the lines. It seems like a matter of surviving untill u can filed 11 players again, and for that u need the cheapest players. When u have 11 line, or 9 in your case, if u keep the 2 dragons, then u can think about pos, since u already got the rerolls.

Guess my advice is just stick to it, buy more lines, and pray to nuffle everyday to bring u sixes on winnings.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: May 19, 2006 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

So. Back at 11 players now. Should I save money to replace the -ma Lion Warrior or start buying catchers next?

-Mnemon
pac

Post   Posted: May 19, 2006 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Catchers! They are the unique selling point of the High Elf list after all, so it would be a crime not to use some. Smile

Post   Posted: May 19, 2006 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

You don't have the luxury of replacing anyone yet, so add depth to your roster with either some catchers or a bunch of linos. My woodies had similar problems, especialy after the tournament opener taking 4 SI from a necro team. Currently they have 3 nigs and 3 -ma, but also have 15 players because of the number of linos is 12. Just keep stocking up on linos until you have a decent ammount of players, then start branching out once you have the money and the elfpower to back it up.

Don't drop the soap.
BigMac

Post   Posted: May 19, 2006 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Mnemon wrote:
So. Back at 11 players now. Should I save money to replace the -ma Lion Warrior or start buying catchers next?

-Mnemon

never replace anybody but dead and niggled. never ever.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: May 19, 2006 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Well. The overall idealistic plan I work with is having a maximum count of all positionals - i.e. two phoenix and lion warriors each and four Dagon Warriors ... which means I only have space for eight linemen ... which is the number I have now. So I'll only replace linemen but not buy more then the eight I need, quite likely. Anything that niggles leaves the team.

-Mnemon
Optihut

Post   Posted: May 19, 2006 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed, there's no point in having more than 8 linemen, except on a new team when you want to start out with 3 rerolls. Go for the catchers and I agree that you shouldn't fire -MA players.
 Jump to: