23 coaches online • Server time: 06:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Oblitzamanger

Post   Posted: May 13, 2006 - 03:09 Reply with quote Back to top

But elves are fast enough and agile enough so that they don't need to rely on HMP. Besides, it is not an automatic score, coffindodger.

I never thought about HMP as a defensive technique before. That is really smart. But you would have to have a HMP passer there to do so or otherwise you can't do it. However, if you are in a pinch defensively, then HMP is a viable tactic. I have "punted" the ball before (throwing the ball to an empty square so that the opponent can't get it) and think that HMP would be a much better punt as if they have no players back (and they shouldn't) then you can chuck it to a corner WAAAAAAY in the back of their field and take then two turns or so to reach it, let alone getting it back upfield.

That means you.
ex-convict

Post   Posted: May 13, 2006 - 03:50 Reply with quote Back to top

HMP is one of the most underrated skills in the game, especialy for non-throwing teams. It clears the ball away from the threat of opponents during the late turns, it can get lucky bounces to your guys, it can let you leave your ball-carrier/thrower as far back as possible and still throw it anywhere on pitch. Personaly, it works wonders for stunty players suck as flings or gobos, since each guy can have sidestep and diving catch, while on doubles rolls you can get one or two HMPs. HMP is much more reliable than TTM, plus it cant injure one of your players!

Don't drop the soap.
LordSnotball

Post   Posted: May 15, 2006 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, if you noticed, BigMac above stated the HMP is a great skill. TBH, i watched a few of his replays, and he really knows how to use it... i'm getting rdy to use it on an elf team for the sake of variety, so i will associate it with the following tactic. Occassionally you are in a position where you throw the ball to an empty square. i do it more frequently than i like to admit, but it works a treat, my offence screens out the opponent, making it impossible to get the the right square, and then i pass to an empty square...

this makes your opponent livid quite often (which is part of the fun). Now, if you can do the same with HMP, even better for you... you force your opponent to split his forces, come after the ball carrier, and in the meantime your offence can screen out the rest of the team, and hey presto, its a TD waiting to be scored...

having a 5ag guy with dodge omewhere in the screening area is great as u just breeze through the tzs next turn anyway...

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
 Jump to: