20 coaches online • Server time: 04:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Meech

Post   Posted: May 12, 2006 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:
i like the french!

LIAR! I do like their dressing,fries and toast though!

Post   Posted: May 12, 2006 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

China Telecom. No problems, disconnects my fumbbl every 5 mins sometimes( the irc not the game or site).

With skill and luck you get snake eyes!
Macavity

Post   Posted: May 12, 2006 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I use Shaw. Cable Internet. Maybe my perspective is swewed but most people in N.A. seem to be all DSL or Cable.

The un-named American mega-company I work for has a minimum downstream bandwidth of 4Mb, with upgrades possible as high as 8Mb. The whole up-to thing actually makes a lot of sense it's all about pip-size and water flow and stuff, but it is true, your ISP has surprisingly little to do with the speeds you experience...

Post   Posted: May 12, 2006 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Meech wrote:
brownrob wrote:
i like the french!

LIAR! I do like their dressing,fries and toast though!

I am french

(this should convince him about how cool we are)

ps I have Wanadoo.

Post   Posted: May 12, 2006 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Plus, French Toast was invented in Canada.....

Post   Posted: May 12, 2006 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I am using a local Dial up service at the moment. I live in Hicksville.

Although you are quiet cool, after seeing a recent TV movie about the "Bird Flu" I am convinced that the French are evil. The French had the cure and wouldn't share with the USA!

Post   Posted: May 12, 2006 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

The U.S. waited until the Nazis totally over-ran France before offering help..... or ....... actually, longer Wink

Anyway, get Cable Service and whine to me, Meech!

Post   Posted: May 12, 2006 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Meech wrote:
I am using a local Dial up service at the moment. I live in Hicksville.

Although you are quiet cool, after seeing a recent TV movie about the "Bird Flu" I am convinced that the French are evil. The French had the cure and wouldn't share with the USA!

Bird Flu? what? Grippe Aviaire in French? If we had, I didn't know. Besides, France actually aren't that much against USA and it was more USA that had problems with France when France was opposed to war in Irak.

I must admit that the image of USA doesn't make Frenches dream that much for various reasons.

1-Bush has been described too much as a dumb (don't know if he is or not)
2-The old image of US was more like mmmm succesfull golden boy, or beach girls chicks. Now since we could also be affected by obesity we get "educated" about weight: fast food, bad eating you could become fat (and the exemple): look US citizen beeing so fat. bad bad, you don't want to be like that
3-we are a more social land than USA. Currently in France, the politician in charge are more liberals. They are disliked like all that liberalism. And who represent the most liberalism?
4-France are one of the worst country in term of intelligence (shame on US) with the terrific IQ average of 97. boo. And ermm, yes I believe it's true. I know that we give the image of a land of cultur (or at least I hope we give) but honestly, in some areas I guess our citizen could have great discussions with profund texans people. Therefore, if the media are diabolizing the US, they will believe so too. Well, not everyone, but though.
5-Money and beeing rich is an image very well considered in USA (I think). But not in France

ps: I might have told stupids things here but remember, Frenches=IQ:97
pps: Imagine how low the average french is, in term of intelligence, when there is elites like...cough cough....me. Very Happy.

Post   Posted: May 12, 2006 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Ever heard the story of the "Freedom toast" with patriotic colours, Sk8?

Post   Posted: May 12, 2006 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:

Nope, just freedom frites instead of french frites that we frenches consider to be belgian Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 12, 2006 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:

They gave you liberty in statue form, and the rest of the world sombody to feel better than as long as it dosnt involve love making good wine and bad breath.

Now who said the stero-type was dead,

Viva la france!!!

Post   Posted: May 12, 2006 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, during the worst of the anti-french sentiment (according to legend, though I saw a convincing picture) a diner in a small town renamed their French Toast "Freedom" toast, and, to be especially patriotic, they took the Whipped cream, Strawberry syrup, and Blueberry syrup and put all three on. Since the American flag was to complex, they just made big Red, White, and Blue stripes forming...... you guessed it! The French Flag!

Post   Posted: May 12, 2006 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Well, during the worst of the anti-french sentiment (according to legend, though I saw a convincing picture) a diner in a small town renamed their French Toast "Freedom" toast, and, to be especially patriotic, they took the Whipped cream, Strawberry syrup, and Blueberry syrup and put all three on. Since the American flag was to complex, they just made big Red, White, and Blue stripes forming...... you guessed it! The French Flag!

Oops!
Meech

Post   Posted: May 12, 2006 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I hope you know I am just joking with you Sk8. I really don't think the French could develop a cure for anything now a days. Wink

Post   Posted: May 13, 2006 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Telekarelia, Finland, rocks my socks off.

4 Mbit ADSL, no download limit or stuff like that. 27e / month, shared with my roomie = 13,50 e / month for me.

Jump to: