10 coaches online • Server time: 06:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
First skill for Black Orcs
Block
92%
 92%  [ 119 ]
Mighty Blow
4%
 4%  [ 6 ]
Guard
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 128

Jakob_olsen

Post   Posted: May 14, 2006 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Most of You will probably say "Block"...... And I tend to agree.

But I'm wondering if Mighty Blow may be a better choice of first skill for a Black Orc. They tend to earn spp very slowly, and only through casualties, so the idea is that giving them Mighty Blow will help them get their second skill (which will be block) much much sooner.

I don't know ? What do You guys think ?
torsoboy

Post   Posted: May 14, 2006 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I've tried going MB before block and while it's a good idea on an advanced team (with multiple skilled players), it's a bad idea on a starting team because it tends to burn up rerolls that could be used otherwise. Having block makes BOBs just plain more useful. If you do have a skilled team, and you need to skill up one BOB fast, then going MB before block could work, as you probably already have more rerolls and more reliable players around.

Post   Posted: May 14, 2006 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Block is better than Guard.
Guard is better than Mighty Blow.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: May 14, 2006 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

BOB tend to roll a lot of Skull/Pows, which puts you down on he ground and loses a S4 assist, get him block, you dont want BOB to be skilled, blitzers are the stars, BOB, are just there to hold the line and cage and knock players about and take a beating Smile
Melmoth

Post   Posted: May 14, 2006 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

block
ruoste

Post   Posted: May 14, 2006 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

nah, skilled up bob's are the greatest asset of orc team. Blitzers are easy to skill up so they pose no problems and work well even without spp's. Give the bob's block and just score some touchdowns with them. sure it takes some time, but picking up even without reroll is still 50% / 50% chance.
pac

Post   Posted: May 14, 2006 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Where is the Shadowing option!? Razz
Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 14, 2006 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Block, Sure Hands or Tackle. Out of these options: definitely Block.

Tallmaris

Post   Posted: May 14, 2006 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Block... they are called "Black Orc Blockers" for a reason I think...

Math and alcohol don't mix well... please don't drink and derive
Optihut

Post   Posted: May 14, 2006 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Block for simple statistical reasons (1/36 to fall down as opposed to 1 / 9 on most blocks).
MiBasse

Post   Posted: May 14, 2006 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:
BOB tend to roll a lot of Skull/Pows, which puts you down on he ground and loses a S4 assist, get him block, you dont want BOB to be skilled, blitzers are the stars, BOB, are just there to hold the line and cage and knock players about and take a beating Smile

I have to agree with ruoste here - skilled BOBs are the heart and soul of an Orc team later on after they get past 175 in TR or so and they are what really drive the team forward. Blitzers are nice players of the block but a 3 skilled Blitzer isn't anywhere near as good to have as a 3 skill BOB (not to mention anywhere near as hard to get).

It's probably a good idea to have your BOBs score a TD from time to time if it doesn't risk losing you the game.
Jakob_olsen

Post   Posted: May 14, 2006 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

torsoboy wrote:
I've tried going MB before block and while it's a good idea on an advanced team (with multiple skilled players), it's a bad idea on a starting team because it tends to burn up rerolls that could be used otherwise. Having block makes BOBs just plain more useful. If you do have a skilled team, and you need to skill up one BOB fast, then going MB before block could work, as you probably already have more rerolls and more reliable players around.

That makes perfect sense Torsoboy. Since this is a starting team, I should probably go for block as first skill.
vanGorn

Post   Posted: May 14, 2006 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

You'd never regret having taken block on a normal skill roll.

Fama

Post   Posted: May 14, 2006 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Like the pro people before me said - block. You need that reliability (ok, when all the other players have 2+ skills or so, then mighty blow might be a good idea). Definitely block first.

Post   Posted: May 14, 2006 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

BOBs are slower but more agile Saurii. If I'd have one I would give him Block for sure, since I realized that the client has a cruel sense of humour (Both Down deaths are emphasised). And if you want to boost the orc's improvement try to score with him when you have the match in the pocket.
 Jump to: