53 coaches online • Server time: 15:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
darkside2er

Post   Posted: May 15, 2006 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

hey guys, heres my dwarf team

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=199025

just rolled doubles for the runner (first skill)

and for the long beard (also first skill)

need advice bad!

darkside
venuskukko

Post   Posted: May 15, 2006 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd take dodge for the runner and stand firm for the longbeard.
Sysiphos

Post   Posted: May 15, 2006 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

stand firm for the longbeard, dodge or sure feet for the runner.

edit: dauntless on the longbeard would also be cool

Last edited by Sysiphos on %b %15, %2006 - %14:%May; edited 1 time in total
Plorg

Post   Posted: May 15, 2006 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Many will disagree, but I say take Dodge as first double on all Dwarves.
My Dwarves have had 5 doubles: 1 Dodge and 4 Stand Firm.
The Dodge Dwarf is the ONLY ONE STILL ALIVE.
<ooOOOooo scaary>
Meech

Post   Posted: May 15, 2006 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

THe dodge is kinda funny. I think I would take Dodge.

Post   Posted: May 15, 2006 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

im going with the dodge, the runner will get another roll in the next game neway, and the idea of a longbeard that can only be put down on 1 result on the block die is funny.

on an extension of the same topic, how would you guys go about building a passing dwarf team, im thinking of using combinations of runners and blitzers to fill the neccessary roles?
darkside2er

Post   Posted: May 15, 2006 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

sorry dude, there seemed to be a consensus, dodge will come in handy for the runner especially dont you think?
Plorg

Post   Posted: May 15, 2006 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Your RR's are low.
Your FF is also low, which means that your team will take a looong time getting more players, rerolls, and even willing opponents.

BUT...
I start with Blitzers as the ball carriers since they have AG 3 + Block, to gain them skills like Guard quickly.
You aren't going to see much Strip Ball at low TR to justify Sure Hands from the Runners.
Once the Blitzers are developed for other things, use Runners as ball carriers and roll +AGs on them.
JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: May 15, 2006 - 14:17 Reply with quote Back to top

depends how you play with your dwarves Wink do you like to bash and smash and then run through, or like to pass into a slow moving cage - boring. Or like to try elf play, run your blitzers and other runner down (slowly) the wings and pass?

I try and make the runners very different to do any style of play. If you will use this runner just to get the ball into a cage or want him to throw long for the risky play maybe think about strong arm? Nerves of steel can also be very handy. Otherwise get dodge.

Longbeard wise you wont get skills on them too regularly doubles less so and you need to make them count, dodge and stand firm are obvious choices and both good but maybe try and make the team a bit different.

Diving tackle on a longbeard is awesome against dodgy elves and will cost them a re-roll or two or make them blitz your beard at least. Another dauntless or frenzy guy is never bad, side step on a tackle man can be very irritating as well.

Or you could go mental and give him hail mary pass and give the runner frenzy

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
Qaz

Post   Posted: May 15, 2006 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge on the Runner

I have found that Side step worke splended if you set them on the line you can step away from the line awoiding second blocks or you can move into really iritating spots with guard. Yes SF gives you a dodge but does not work as well on the Los

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
darkside2er

Post   Posted: May 15, 2006 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

ive noticed the prediliction in faction for refusing games against low FF teams, but i generally try and play to a theme, in my eyes a "new" blood bowl team shouldnt have high FF, however ive been remedying that with my newer teams so i can actually get games.

i was thinking of using the runners as ball carriers as they are naturally slightly faster, and developing the blitzers into throwers
Furious_George

Post   Posted: May 15, 2006 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=211186

Passing dwarf team
Ive even got catch on a blitzer Very Happy These guys do actually play passable elfbowl from time to time, and its much more fun than grinding some poor unfortunate into the dirt like usual.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=2452035
Dwarf Runner made into a competent passer Very Happy

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
pac

Post   Posted: May 15, 2006 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

darkside2er wrote:
ive noticed the prediliction in faction for refusing games against low FF teams, but i generally try and play to a theme, in my eyes a "new" blood bowl team shouldnt have high FF, however ive been remedying that with my newer teams so i can actually get games.

Hmm. I wouldn't worry. A starting team can only begin with Fan Factor 9 ... and that isn't 'high'. Wink

The current fan factor system is problematic, as picking low fan factor doesn't just hurt you, it hurts your opponent. In a league in which most coaches pick relatively high starting FF (which FUMBBL is) this turns those coaches who pick low starting FF (often unwittingly) into parasites, because their income is drawn from the opponent's investment in fans. And in Faction, you often have to do everything possible to make your team an attractive one to play against.

Post   Posted: May 15, 2006 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally:

Stand Firm for the LB
Catch for the runner
You have the chance to get yourself a dwarf team with more than the usual boring cage tactic.

Jazz

Last edited by Jazz on %b %15, %2006 - %14:%May; edited 1 time in total
darkside2er

Post   Posted: May 15, 2006 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

i agree, i dont cage, a breach and run, future doubles (if im that lucky) will focus on catch and the like, the dream is a runner with +2 move, dodge and a few other things, and a blitzer that can throw, but, i can dream
 Jump to: