27 coaches online • Server time: 01:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which format do you like best?
Faction type system
28%
 28%  [ 9 ]
Rookie/Elite League
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Conferences leading to playoffs
56%
 56%  [ 18 ]
Other type (ill tell you below)
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 32

SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: May 24, 2006 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

ok... with 50% of the vote... conferences look good to me...

now what Im thinking... we have roughly 110 teams (discounting the tourneyfillers) so we could make 4 conferences with 30 in each, and use the tourneyfillers to act as a buffer for each conference, say 5 for each conference... meaning that stragglers can get in again

Limit of one team/coach/conference...

Still undecided about progression from the conference... have a playoff for each one and then the winners of conference playoffs face off against the champions of the other conferences, or have the top 4/8 from each conference play in a big 16/32 team Playoff.

If we have conferences with 30 teams in each, there should be chance to play equal TR teams, spread the new teams out amongst the 4... feel free to say im wrong!

also... all teams are free for the minute to play one off games, drafting still applies so no sneakiness!
seouledout

Post   Posted: May 24, 2006 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:
ok... with 50% of the vote... conferences look good to me...

now what Im thinking... we have roughly 110 teams (discounting the tourneyfillers) so we could make 4 conferences with 30 in each, and use the tourneyfillers to act as a buffer for each conference, say 5 for each conference... meaning that stragglers can get in again

Limit of one team/coach/conference...

Still undecided about progression from the conference... have a playoff for each one and then the winners of conference playoffs face off against the champions of the other conferences, or have the top 4/8 from each conference play in a big 16/32 team Playoff.

If we have conferences with 30 teams in each, there should be chance to play equal TR teams, spread the new teams out amongst the 4... feel free to say im wrong!

also... all teams are free for the minute to play one off games, drafting still applies so no sneakiness!

Sounds good to me.
Doc

Post   Posted: May 24, 2006 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

120 slots doesn't leave a lot of room for new teams. And some have offered/suggested that they want 4,5,6... each. I would suggest either a limit on teams or larger starting divisions than 30 so you have ease of adding in late joiners. I would expect some more people to want to join with 1 or 2 teams.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: May 24, 2006 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

well we can use the 20 tourneyfillers to increase that by 5 per conference, and i have about 10 slots free in [U] which will make 30 buffer teams... will that go in a day? I also intend to advertise it a bit before I start it this time!
Absurd

Post   Posted: May 24, 2006 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess 4 teams will have to do for me then Laughing

My other two teams I planned will wait for a future or something.
Dezbad1

Post   Posted: May 24, 2006 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I am a fan of building successive Divisions for 7s. Premiership, Div 1 Div 2 and Div 3. Each new season begins a new league and all NEWcomers go into that league. Sizes of leagues depends on number of entrants and
Eliteness of the upper league that you want to enforce. Then its fun because top teams in Div 1 2 3 etc can get promoted every 3 weeks or so whilst poor teams or players who stop playing get booted and relegated. Can be a play offs for each division perhaps or IN the lower divisions anyway a play offs for promotional spots.

In the premiership there is the play offs for the CHAMP to be decided. Means u have to get to premiership to be the CHAMP.

Im in favour of the 3 week rule and activity being the thing which benefits. Some people just are not on at the same time EVER!
Absurd

Post   Posted: May 24, 2006 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

That's just a Faction system though.
Walks_in_the_Sun

Post   Posted: May 24, 2006 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

People should be happy with one team, like me.

Maybe two.
Absurd

Post   Posted: May 24, 2006 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

That's all very well if you don't play a lot of games. Laughing
tadgoraucymru

Post   Posted: May 24, 2006 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Off topic but grats Absurd.
Walks_in_the_Sun

Post   Posted: May 24, 2006 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I play as many as I can get
Frankencow

Post   Posted: May 25, 2006 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the Conference idea with the big playoff. Just make sure divisions get randomised so they each have a good mix of races and TRs. It'd be cool if it got randomised, and one ended up real bashy, it'd be like the 'Pool of Death' in the World Cup, lol. I'll definitely bring 4 teams, dunno which 4 though.

Post   Posted: May 25, 2006 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

How about if there are 2 conferences, like in the nfl, let's call them Coference 1 and Coference 2 until better names are thought up. Each of two conferences are then divided up into two division...East and West or something like that. Those teams can play against any team in their conference (and maybe a limited number in the other coference). At the end of the season the top 4 or 8 teams from each division go through to the thei particular coference playoffs, so either and 8 or 16 team playoff per conference. The winners of those plaoffs meach in the inter-conference grand final.

Oh and I agree, the teams are entered into the divisions randomly, with just the one note that coaches get one team per divison.
Walks_in_the_Sun

Post   Posted: May 25, 2006 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

What happens when a coach of 2 teams (in diff divisions) gets both teams into the playoffs and they end up opposite each other? Or what mechanism is in place to prevent that?
Absurd

Post   Posted: May 25, 2006 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

well, i guess it may be like season I if you had more than one team in the top 16, you chose which one you'd like to go forward.
 Jump to: