40 coaches online • Server time: 12:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TheMadDragon

Post   Posted: May 28, 2006 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

2 Mummies
5 Zombies
2 Ghouls
2 Wights

My usual setup is this
Zombie
Mummy
Zombie
Zombie
Zombie
Mummy
Zombie

And then in the back field its

Ghoul Wight

Ghoul Wight

This is my usual setup.
pac

Post   Posted: May 28, 2006 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm ... I don't know whether you're talking about offence or defence, and I know little or nothing about coaching Undead. Very Happy

However, I can suggest you look at some replays of experienced Undead teams and look at how they set up.

Post   Posted: May 28, 2006 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

is that for ofense or defense?
I'll supose the second and that you adjust the set up in ofense depending on your opponent, here is my view, probably flawed:
...it's a sweet for elves, they can breack into your field and protect the ball in one turn
...and dwarves or orcs can bash you nicely and leave you without movility
...and you'll have a hard time getting into your oponent half quickly to retrieve the ball if you roll blitz! or your oponent fumbles something

against soft teams I sugest you one mummy and 2 zombies in the los, one wight behind them and the second mummy 3 squares back.
Prez

Post   Posted: May 28, 2006 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Defence
Don't put your Mummy's on the LOS as your giving your opponent an easy chance to bring them down often followed by a boot to the head. Have the Mummys 3 squares back covering both wings, (just incase of a quick snap) and use them as pivotal points of your Def as at least you will then have a St5 guy that will be close too which ever way your opponents main drive is. On the wings a zombie and a ghoul (ready for the blitz) Wights in the backfield.
Hide the Ghouls as without regen and Av7 they're squishy, they are sure to be your opp's primary target

Offense
mummies on the LOS, I usually try and set up to i cover both wings as if you try and drive strongly down one wing you may get a bad KO and the ball is isolated on the wrong wing, if you get sure hands or an +Ag you can position your W/G to combat this possibility.

As a starting team, my usual is normally:

2 Mummys
2 Wights
3 Ghouls
6 Zombies
2 RR
7 FF

Post   Posted: May 28, 2006 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

i like using this, or a variant of it for my Undead teams...

Code:

....|..ZZZ..|....
....|.......|....
.Z..|M.....M|..Z.
.G..|..W.W..|..G.
....|.......|....
....|.......|....

Or this...

....|..ZZZ..|....
....|.......|....
.Z..|M.....M|..Z.
.G..|W.....W|..G.
....|.......|....
....|.......|....
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 28, 2006 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Brownrob. On defence, use the zombies as LOS fodder and defend the flanks with mummies and wights, making it difficult to punch a hole. The ghouls are excellent for exploiting a turnover or, once they get blodge, blitzing the ball carrier when the opposition makes a break for it. I differ from many Undead coaches as I employ a mix of zombies and skellies, that ma of 5 (v 4 of a zombie) is great for getting an assist just where you need it, but try not to let them get hit if you buy any!
thesquig

Post   Posted: May 28, 2006 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Code:

....|..ZZZ..|....
....|.......|....
..Z.|M.....M|.Z..
.G..|.W...W.|..G.
....|.......|....
....|.......|....

I like this varient if your ghouls at the sidelines have sidestep. Pain in the arse for bashers to break through. Must be noted though that ghouls are very much a sacrificial element in my undead team, they die to quick to care about.

TheMadDragon

Post   Posted: May 28, 2006 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Prezident wrote:

As a starting team, my usual is normally:

2 Mummys
2 Wights
3 Ghouls
6 Zombies
2 RR
7 FF

I thought the max for ghouls was 2?
Oli_B

Post   Posted: May 28, 2006 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Nope, you can have
four. Similar to human catchers in the respect that they're not often all used though. (Necro can only have 2, maybe that's the reason for the mix up)

( Weirdly that page suggests humans can have 4 throwers, which isn't right.)
Fribbler

Post   Posted: May 28, 2006 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

What you realy want to do is turn all your wights into passers and use your ghouls to blitz, err well i win occasionaly Wink

<a href="http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=1650550"target="_blank">passing wight</a>
<a href="http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=1642566"target="_blank">all zombies should have +AG and sidestep</a>
<a href="http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=1635150"target="_blank">i didnt know you lost players if you concided</a>

EDIT: Argh the stupid HTML isnt working, not a clue why looks right. Meh gonna have to highlight and paste im affraid Sad

Oh and my setup for deff is:-
----|---zzz---|----
----|zm---mz|----
----|----g----|----
----|---z-w--|----
----|----g----|----

2 zombies next to the mummys with guard and the one at the back has +ag but thats basicaly my setup and yer quicksnap can be bad but hardly happens and the 2 guards usualy put people off trying to take out the mummys so genraly nobody to move next to them.

For offence enough to take down the front line then my passing wight and a skelengton back to get the ball and fend off opponents and the rest beaing and making gaps.

Cant do the blooming lineup code either sigh Smile

Post   Posted: May 29, 2006 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

passing wight
all zombies should have +AG and sidestep
i didnt know you lost players if you concided

There you are
Wink
Fribbler

Post   Posted: May 29, 2006 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Oli_B wrote:
passing wight
all zombies should have +AG and sidestep
i didnt know you lost players if you concided

There you are
Wink

Wheee thankyou, any idea why mine didnt work because it dose when i use exactly the same code everywhere else Wink
Hmm and yet yours is very diffrent. might be somthing to do with the forums i dunno thanx for doing it anyways Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2006 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

use [] rather than <> Razz also url= rather than a
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2006 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Tophat wrote:
use [] rather than <> Razz also url= rather than a

To be more specific the code would be [url="Linktowhateverwithoutquotationsigns"]Nameofwhatever[/url]
 Jump to: