38 coaches online • Server time: 13:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you like this idea?
Yes
58%
 58%  [ 28 ]
No
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
I dont know... (fails Bone Head roll... bound to be popular lol)
31%
 31%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 48

SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2006 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Basically it would be a non serious competition run in the same way the TBB paintoff is done, run a poll for what type of mini everyone would paint, people would PM scores 1-8 ( if there were 8 entrants etc and easy to keep track off with the right software) to me and I would calculate the scores, then post them up and see what happens!

or a simple forum poll could be made to vote for a mini, one vote per person... no real prizes as such, unless mezir could wrangle a +FF boost to the winners team of choice for having well painted minis...

people get to look at minis, increases community spirit etc, who can lose? Razz
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2006 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

oh yeah, it would also feature in the GLN when it gets produced... i never got round to doing a vault item for mezir, but this would be my apology to him Smile
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2006 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

no coments? Razz
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2006 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

i dont really paint mate but im sure lots of coaches does
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2006 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Seeing as how I don't have an icecube's chance in hell to win this thing I would hardly participate, but it would be great to see it implemented. As one of my most useless Thralls once said:

Brownrob wrote:

people get to look at minis, increases community spirit etc, who can lose?
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2006 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Smile

Just bumping this again, its not a harcore (Smile) competition, as no major prizes are won (maybe a FF boost for a cool mini!). but something tha is similar to the one on FranceBB, here is a massive difference in quality of paintjobs, shouldnt alwys be put off because there are people better than you, if that was the case i would no longer play BB!

Well there could be a voting system in place similar to FranceBB but is a lot of work for the high chief! but I would be happy to keep a record of the voting via PM's
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2006 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Would be cool.

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2006 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Would be great - I don't paint much any more (getting old ---> eyesight failing ----> hands shaking) but I used to do ok in my day. Still enjoy a well painted mini though!
Laviak

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2006 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah - nice idea - if i happen to have the right mini, i'll give it a go ... but they can be hard to come by in australia Sad

angelface

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2006 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I am in if you start the thing.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2006 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Laviak wrote:
yeah - nice idea - if i happen to have the right mini, i'll give it a go ... but they can be hard to come by in australia Sad

well the way it usually works is that the only regulation is like.... must be a star player, then the next one is.... lineman...... or secret weapon...... conversion special...... support staff..... Big Guy.... non GW mini if you see what I mean... Laughing
Laviak

Post   Posted: May 17, 2006 - 06:20 Reply with quote Back to top

*bump* - brownrob, are you still looking at giving this thing a go? tis still a good idea, and I'd rather like to see something come of it (my entries will suck ... but that's hardly the point Razz)

Melmoth

Post   Posted: May 17, 2006 - 06:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I like this idea and I paint a bit. Though I dont think I would have any chance in this competition;-)
Colin

Post   Posted: May 17, 2006 - 07:03 Reply with quote Back to top

A crucial part of this will be taking a decent picture of your mini once you've painted it. Here are some links to tutorials relating to mini photography (courtesy of the Forum of Doom):

http://www.digitaldioramas.com/2002/jul02/features/dd_yungblut.php
http://coolminiornot.com/go.php/go/articlephp/levels/99/expand/all?
http://www.privateerpress.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5813
http://www.heresyminiatures.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2679

If you have any specific questions, I can give a few tips either on technique or digitally editing the final image - just post on the thread. If necessary, I can whip up a new User Guide section on it, once my exams are out of the way!

Rob, may I suggest the winner be inducted to a special gallery, on the User Guide? I can host images if necessary, though I know that Photobucket at least does allow direct linking. It would be nice to place the images in an exclusive FUMBBL portrait frame, sized for use as a JBB portrait.

One last thing, Rob - insist that images are no greater than a certain size (in dimensions), and that they are cropped to just show the mini - you don't want massive panoramic images of peoples' bedrooms, with a tiny speck in the middle representing the actual mini. Consistent size will also aid in the voting, making a fairer comparison between minis.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2006 - 07:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I would possibly throw in, given the right choice of subject matter.
 Jump to: