33 coaches online • Server time: 16:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would your TR 150 or less team play against 2 or more DP?
Yes, I love fouling and bashy games
30%
 30%  [ 38 ]
No, my team is still developing and this would set me back
23%
 23%  [ 30 ]
Depends on how many DP I have
25%
 25%  [ 32 ]
No way! I spend hours staring at my team page and am far too attached to my players
20%
 20%  [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 126

Hammerhiem

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2006 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I would play any team close on TR except those with DP so no i wouldn't

arghh bumflaps , another fumble. Why can't these Gobbo's just pick the ball up?
Emphasy

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2006 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course i would... My necros are up for th challenge Smile
KhorneliusPraxx

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2006 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

They're already dead...

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2006 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

well, I'll probably play them
...another point is if the game is interesting or a fair match up, against elves you have Block and Frenzy and cheap players with DP, against necros or undead they have expensive players, but zombies with DP can easily even things and of course, dwarves or orcs would make far more damage to your team than you to theirs, only cuestion there is if someone that chooses an ar9 team is willingly to sufer any cas at all Wink
Manbush

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2006 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys, thanks a lot for all your input Smile

Funny thing, though. Right after I made the post, the team got smoked by some Chaos Dwarves. One of my DP got niggled so I retired him. Think I'm gonna stick with one DP for a few games until I start playing higher ranked teams with a lot of block.

I put the liquor in the same bottle his and mine, and mine was at the bottom, and, sure, I was obliged to drink his to get at mine
zerkalo

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2006 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd love to play av7 team that fouls a lot and has only 2 dp, because all my teams are av8 teams with average 3 dp.

If I would get spp for foul cas, half of my players would be legends.

My favourite player:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=3035455

My favourite game:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=1079413
stargzrrag

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2006 - 03:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I have played that team... so I don't really have a good option to pick in the poll.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2006 - 09:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
DP is a waste of another skill at low TR. Makes you easier to beat!

that's non-sense.

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2006 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Besides considering the team name ans bio and the 2 DP, you are going to foul a lot. So generaly, I will avoid with light and slow developping teams. And not even because of the 2 DP (1DP vs 2DP works efficientely anyway, and I am going to try to lesser your DP efficiency) but because of block on the whole team +frenzy +2DP.

I'll play you with CD, dwark, ork khemri, undead, norse with 1DP, necro with 1 DP and 2 wolves with claw, zons with 1 DP.

so you got my list!

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2006 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

This is not a post about the existense of fouling. So dont answer this with a post describing pro/con fouling please.

I wouldnt face off against your team.
The reason is that I think that DP is a broken skill AND that dp is a warning flag regarding the coach.

I am not against fouling per se. But with dirty player it could get ridicilus fast.
And those players that enjoy fouling in each and every turn always have at least two players with the skill dirty player.
So I have learned that coaches without dirty player may foul (and has the right to do so) but most often they doesnt foul you every turn. Wink

The reason that there isnt any more to say regarding fouls are that Sheppherd have said it all:
<a href="http://fumbbl.com/help:ShepherdOnFouling">http://fumbbl.com/help:ShepherdOnFouling</a>

The problem isnt fouling. The problem is that there are a lot of really boring coaches here on fumbbl. People that dont care about winning but only wants to destroy your team. And the problem with that is that other coaches that just enjoy a little more blood but still play to win get dodged from players like me. So you are probably a fun coach. And I would probably enjoy a game against you, even if you DP-fouled me a couple of times. But the games against wuhan-wannabees have put me off DP forever (not a bad word against Wuhan tough, he did it with style and self irony).
Tophat

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2006 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

MSpanke wrote:
Coaches look for teams they can maximize their SPP with (TDs CAS etc). I have a hard time finding opponents vs my Undead or Orc teams, but post a Woodi or Halfling team, and they get lots of offers.

I dont think its about maximising SPP , otherwise id take thgis team on , they would be easy to score against and probably easy to beat .
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2006 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Tophat wrote:
MSpanke wrote:
Coaches look for teams they can maximize their SPP with (TDs CAS etc). I have a hard time finding opponents vs my Undead or Orc teams, but post a Woodi or Halfling team, and they get lots of offers.

I dont think its about maximising SPP , otherwise id take thgis team on , they would be easy to score against and probably easy to beat .

you wish. It's very difficult to beat norses with scoring teams at low TR. Blocks + frenzy +DP: you are going to have a hard time. A good fouler doesn't send all his guys to foul a guy. He maximizes
-Injury or KO chances
-Armor roll
-players on the pitch vs send out

Nope really, norses are difficult to play at low TR with agile teams.

And besides, linos have few valuable skills to take so they go for tackle usually.

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2006 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

my orcs would love to kill them hehe
av 7 and no guard, ridiculous...
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2006 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

nurgling wrote:
my orcs would love to kill them hehe
av 7 and no guard, ridiculous...

what's a multi again?

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2006 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Jump to: