42 coaches online • Server time: 14:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would your TR 150 or less team play against 2 or more DP?
Yes, I love fouling and bashy games
30%
 30%  [ 38 ]
No, my team is still developing and this would set me back
23%
 23%  [ 30 ]
Depends on how many DP I have
25%
 25%  [ 32 ]
No way! I spend hours staring at my team page and am far too attached to my players
20%
 20%  [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 126

Dendiir

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2006 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Beside your incredible luck (why doesnt my norse team develop like that? +st two times +ma 2 times and the +ag on your awesome st4 lino) yes i would have played them. i would have played them with 2 dp and i will play them with 1 DP Wink

Norse have to beat some asses (were to drunken to handle the ball) and when youre lill bit unlucky with the development you dont have any really reliable ball carriers. I find myself trying to dodge or pickup the ball with my guys and they often fail (really often) with RR, Sure Hands, what ever. Theyre really poor in that so i HAVE to get some of the opponents team out of the game to run with my guys to the TZ. They just cant handle the ball.

Or am i too stupid ^^

Greetz Dendi
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2006 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I would play them. Personally I intend to take DP sometime, if only because it gives me an option. In a 16 rat team, I can use a DP to turn the tide. Doesnt mean I want to anniliate your team. The reason I havent taken it yet is because I play 7s a lot, and if you get sent off in 7s your team can get in trouble, meaning you only get one good foul a half....

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2006 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes and no. I'll quite happily play DPs if I have some myself. If you build a nice gentlemanly non-DP team, you really are in a hole to start with facing a team built with no such constraints (admittedly self-imposed constraints). I rarely play Ranked, and when I do I usually just want to get a game quickly and play it. This means not using DP in my ranked teams, as it makes games harder to find.

So I don't mind DP at all, but when you haven't developed your team with playing them in mind, you're taking a knife to a gunfight.

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2006 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I prefer to not play with DP's, and I avoid to play against DP's, if possible.

Why?
Simply because I dont fance plaing a fouling game. Though I do foul at times, I do it without DP, and prefer my opponent, should he choose to foul, to do so without the DP bonus. Wink
and
if my opp gets the ref with a couple DP's, he'd be sure to foul ever single turn, and that doesnt only destroy the match, but can destroy the whole team, and that is not my idea of fun. Razz

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2006 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Cyco wrote:
if my opp gets the ref with a couple DP's, he'd be sure to foul ever single turn, and that doesnt only destroy the match, but can destroy the whole team, and that is not my idea of fun. Razz [/i]

Let's pretend a dp fouls 8 times and breaks armor automaticly. On average he gets 8 * 0,417 = 3,31 cas. On average that means 1,65 BH, 0,55 MNG, 0,55 niggle/stat reduction, 0,55 RIP. So only 1,1 permanent injuries. That's far from destroying whole team. And you can always take precautions, protecting your best players etc. And then there's apo. And the fact that you can always try to blitz the dps, and foul them. It's hard to get to foul every turn.

And multi-dp-team getting the ref is hardly a sure win.

And having some dps yourself is the best you could hope if your opponent gets the ref...
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2006 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a quick point. That doesnt include cas from blocks, which low AV teams will suffer a lot, which combines. It also doesnt take into account the fact that when you lose players there are less to defend.

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2006 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

zerkalo wrote:
Cyco wrote:
if my opp gets the ref with a couple DP's, he'd be sure to foul ever single turn, and that doesnt only destroy the match, but can destroy the whole team, and that is not my idea of fun. Razz [/i]

Let's pretend a dp fouls 8 times and breaks armor automaticly. On average he gets 8 * 0,417 = 3,31 cas. On average that means 1,65 BH, 0,55 MNG, 0,55 niggle/stat reduction, 0,55 RIP. So only 1,1 permanent injuries. That's far from destroying whole team. And you can always take precautions, protecting your best players etc. And then there's apo. And the fact that you can always try to blitz the dps, and foul them. It's hard to get to foul every turn.

And multi-dp-team getting the ref is hardly a sure win.

And having some dps yourself is the best you could hope if your opponent gets the ref...

Here's the answer:
Hitonagashi wrote:
Just a quick point. That doesnt include cas from blocks, which low AV teams will suffer a lot, which combines. It also doesnt take into account the fact that when you lose players there are less to defend.

Besides, the chance that you will loose players, due to injuries, but KO's aint on the field either. And when that happens, your opp gets more 2d blocks, wich results in more injuries. And usually the opponent stalls to gain most benefit from the advantage.

Im not saying its against the rule, im just saying, thats not my idea of a fun match.

And to answer your statement, no it doesnt destroy your team, every time, but it happens more often with DPs in the team.

PS: Did I mention I dont like the Claw/RSC combo either. Razz

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2006 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Cyco wrote:

Besides, the chance that you will loose players, due to injuries, but KO's aint on the field either. And when that happens, your opp gets more 2d blocks, wich results in more injuries. And usually the opponent stalls to gain most benefit from the advantage.

Let's say opponent who has 3 dp gets the ref. If at some point there is 6 turns left, and I have 5 players on the pitch, and opponent has 11, and all my players are down. Then it's easy to count that he only gets to do 6 fouls anymore. If he has claw/RSC/mb players on the pitch, usually it is wise to keep your players just laying on the ground. Or if some of them is valuable player, and you have apo unused, but still want to try to minimize risks, just run towards corner, gfi twice. Use other players to protect him so that he can't be blitzed/fouled. One nice tactic is to try to fail gfi to corner of the field. Now maximum assists are 2. On some cases fouling is good way to protect your best players. Just hope the ref spots them and don't argue the call...

And of course there is always the conceding option. So if all your players have less than 51spp, there isn't much risk of getting your team destroyed when playing dp teams. Just concede the turn after using your apo.
 Jump to: