35 coaches online • Server time: 12:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
zerkalo

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2006 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Yesterday I played against a dark elf team. On turn 1 I blocked their 2nd best player who had Buzzing. He injured MNG. Apo was used and worked. I then fouled and killed him. Opponent only blitzed my av 7 dp with MB player, and it was only ko, he then disconnected. I waited for him 20 minutes in irc, but he didn't show up. I didn't want to push the dagger deeper to his heart, so I thought I only message him later about finishing the game. In 2 hours I log back and I see his message, that I haven't messaged him so he can play other games, so are the Fumbbl rules.

There isn't anything on the rules saying how fast I must PM the opponent who disconnects. I wasnt 100% sure he did it on purpose, so if he really had computer problems, I thought there is no hurry.

And actually I was going to PM him instantly, but I checked his profile and he has a pic there, and he looks about 12 year old, and I... Well he looks kind of sad in the pic, I didn't want to upset him. I wanted him to get over with the player dying, and then message him 2-3 hours later. If I had seen his pic beforehand, probably I wouldn't had even fouled his player... Probably.

Am I a loser? Am I losing it? My average is about 6 fouls and 3,5 cas per game, I haven't even seen any coach with even 2,5 cas average. I try not to check any pics from now on, because soon I might start to play throwing game and other sissy things...

Last edited by zerkalo on %b %12, %2006 - %10:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Curro

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2006 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

hey! stop using those titles for threads that aren´t actually sad! They worry me...
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2006 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Firstly, file a ticket so the admins can take the correct action,

Secondly, as Curro said, stop making such Stupid titles! People might think someone has died.
Meech

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2006 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Dark Elves aren't living things? You guys are frickin racists.

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2006 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

hahaha. Pwnd
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2006 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

You are fired for using stupid shorthand! Razz

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2006 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes file a ticket and if nessessary, be prepared to submit your save game file from that game as evidence. Dc's happen a lot here (I have had 2 in the last month or so). Just not all of them are reported. Always send a report help ticket on a dc and try to contact them imediately to try to set up a "finish time". If it is the case that you have no recourse because of waiting too long to contact them, you have only yourself to blame as you need to read all relevant rules to any situation.
As the rest said, please do not use that type of thread title. Also, this is not really a big thread issue, best to work out in private.

Immitated in chat by another member "S**n"
Optihut

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2006 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

To complete the trilogy, we need a thread "most saddest day for fumbbl, ever... Seriously"
Mully

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2006 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Am I a loser? Am I losing it?

Yes .... anything else?

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2006 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

You're losing it. You need to manly yourself up and hide more behind your anonymous internet ego.

You should probalby start practicing on fifteen year olds and then harden yourself as you go down the age groups. Soon you will no longer care about the cute puppy pics and you will never have to worry about doing that throwing game.

I mean throwing is for sissies right?

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2006 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Voorn wrote:
Yes file a ticket and if nessessary, be prepared to submit your save game file from that game as evidence. Dc's happen a lot here (I have had 2 in the last month or so). Just not all of them are reported.

I'd just like to add that I have had no illegal disconnection cases in all of my games, so saying that they happen alot might only be half the truth.
RedMaul

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2006 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

zerkalo wrote:

Am I a loser? Am I losing it? My average is about 6 fouls .... per game,

Hey it's an old argument but yes, you qualify.
zerkalo

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2006 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I changed the topic.

And one further thing: do you guys play less dirty when you play against people you know, or people you have played against before (and the opponent didn't kill your legend on turn 16 or anything like that).

Why do people (over third of coaches) start to whine etc if I foul with my dp? What am I suppose to do with him if not fouling? But if I use my Claw+RSC+Piling on player to blitz, nobody says anything.

Many coach have argument that I shouldn't foul because "I don't gain anything from it" (=no spp for cas). I then say "well you don't gain spp for running with the ball so why do you do it"...

About 20% of coaches start fouling back, as "revenge" (me so scared...). And they don't have dps. And when I foul their players out one by one, and ref doesnt care a bit, they blame me for ruining their team. "Thanks, I must retire this team now". Boohoo.
MasterKilla

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2006 - 10:34 Reply with quote Back to top

There are lots of fouling threads out there - read them - probably gives you an idea.
Summary: DP fouling is broken.

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2006 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

zerkalo: Read this http://fumbbl.com/help:ShepherdOnFouling
 Jump to: