49 coaches online • Server time: 13:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
+Agi on Chaos Warrior
Yes
97%
 97%  [ 79 ]
No
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 81

crysist

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2006 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm actually playing chaos in a tabletop league and one of my Warroirs rolled +agi. I took it then and have enjoyed it but what are some opinions about it on Fumbbl.
deckerCKY

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2006 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Strength 4 player gets Agility 4....or Block? With AG 4 he'll be alot better player very quickly. Now double 5's is more of a question with warriors than that.
crysist

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2006 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

thats what i've found playing in tabletop

probably what i'll end up doing
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2006 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

It depends. If the team is new, I'd usually skip it in favor of Block, because that is the skill new Chaos teams truly need (and quick). Having Block will also help skill that CW a tad faster. In a somewhat more settled team, sure, go for +AG. ST4AG4 players rock, and if the team support is there, that CW might become something truly great. Something that might also be of interest: having an AG4 player can skill up the rest of the team faster too, if you throw those turn 8 passes at him.

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2006 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

ag 4... everything else is crazyness. thats basically a vamp without a negatrait. (except for +av - ma, -regen +apo, ok...)
coffindodger

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2006 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

nurgling wrote:
ag 4... everything else is crazyness. thats basically a vamp without a negatrait. (except for +av - ma, -regen +apo, ok...)

And Vamps get Agility access... Cool
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2006 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

coffindodger wrote:
nurgling wrote:

And Vamps get Agility access... Cool

but not mutation access Cool
coffindodger

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2006 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

There's always a balance... lol
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2006 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

torsoboy wrote:
It depends. If the team is new, I'd usually skip it in favor of Block, because that is the skill new Chaos teams truly need (and quick). Having Block will also help skill that CW a tad faster. In a somewhat more settled team, sure, go for +AG. ST4AG4 players rock, and if the team support is there, that CW might become something truly great. Something that might also be of interest: having an AG4 player can skill up the rest of the team faster too, if you throw those turn 8 passes at him.

sarcastic posts need some smilies to make it obvious you know Razz
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2006 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

well nonestly, such question should depend on how do you play and what is your team. I've taken +ag on CW, while I actually don't give them the ball so much. Maybe haven't I thought about how I do play... don't know.

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2006 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I would take the AG because as a chaos team you lack... well... everything. With normal team progression you can get to the bashing part pretty good. Then, still, you lack... everything else.
You need to throw doubles to get to the agility and/or passing skills. (And those doubles are also eligible for mutations, so you have a though choice there.) With this extra AG, you get two for the price of one, because your CW is suddenly an above average passer/agility player, as a bonus with good ST and AV too.

So, I would definitely take the AG.

Jazz
LordSnotball

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2006 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

my first question would be, have u played elves enough to know how to use 4ag? it takes a while to learn... if yes, then go for the 4ag, as it will change the course of many games... if not, then go for block...

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2006 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

my own chaos team has a CW at ag4. Usually useless since I prefer beasts as ball retriever but sometimes I need him when I can't cover the opponent that much anymore (last game he was very usefull)

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2006 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

The whole point of Chaos Warriors is that they are ST 4 players who can play the ball a bit. That's what you pay 100K for.

They're decent blockers too - though overpriced for it - and the team does need them for that; but if you're not using them as ball-carriers quite frequently, you have to wonder if you've chosen to run the right roster.

The stats just make a great combination. If he's on the ball, the opponent can't be sure whether he'll bash through or dodge away and make a quick pass. He gives you great options, and makes it easier to skill up both him and the rest of the team. Unless it was a player you'd already heavily skilled up as a killer (and even then ...), I can't see why you'd ever turn it down.

Jump to: