16 coaches online • Server time: 05:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
momfreeek

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2006 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

It is possible to get the zip file from fumbbl:

1. Right click the replay link and choose 'Save Target As'.
2. Open the downloaded 'JBBReplay.jnlp' in notepad.
3. Near the bottom of the file is a URL for a zip file. This is the file u need. Copy this URL.
4. Open the replayer. Click 'web'. Copy the url into the box at the top. Click 'Open'. voila...

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2006 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

As I was watching a game of myself yesterday, I saw that something was missing...
I couldn't find the niggles, stat in/de-creases and spp... Are you going to add those? Would make the replayer even better (like that is possible Razz)
Rynkky

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2006 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Laviak wrote:
Rynkky,
in version 0.3.4 (whic hi was previously using, you could load a zip file by passing it in as a command line argument, which meant that with a batch file, and a little bit of registry tweaking, you could add "Open with JBBR" as an action for zip files. Is it stil possible to do this? and if so, what is the command line syntax you need to use?

Actually I removed that option from new version. It is pretty easy to implement because all the code is there, just the command line arguments are not passed to lower level components. So the answer is no, at the moment Sad
Rynkky

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2006 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Glimmervoid wrote:
hi, thank you too, this is a real big advantage and in a way better then live speccing games...

however i tried to spec speziefic games between two coaches and was unable to do that because i could just search for games played by one coach but not two of them...

also i was completly unable to find the correct zip files over fumbbl... so some help could be usefull

1st Currently search works per coach only, thus searching games where two specific coaches were playing vs each other is not possible. To implement that Christer would have to add an search option for fumbbl.com.

2nd Why you wanted to find specific zip? You can also open the match in web browser in fumbbl and then copy paste the URL from web browser to web open dialog in JBBR.

Like copy pasting this URL to web browser you will see the match data. And same URL pasted to JBBR web open dialog will open the match. This is undocumented feature of the JBBR Smile

Code:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=968014
Rynkky

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2006 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock wrote:
As I was watching a game of myself yesterday, I saw that something was missing...
I couldn't find the niggles, stat in/de-creases and spp... Are you going to add those? Would make the replayer even better (like that is possible Razz)

Only injuries that happen during match are shown currently. You can see injury by moving mouse pointer over injured player and waiting for tooltip to appear.
Rynkky

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2006 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's very brief information, how to compile JBBR from sources.

1. You will have to download source code from http://personal.inet.fi/cool/mtu/jbbr2/download/alpha1/alpha1_src.zip

2. Unzip source, preserving paths.

3. Install Java 2 SDK SE 1.4 or newer (http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html)

4. Install ANT from (http://ant.apache.org/bindownload.cgi)

5. When ANT and Java are working correctly, change to root directory of source (the directory with build.xml and make.bat).

Typing just: make.bat will generate developement version under .\devel directory

That's it. More options can be given to make.bat and even more if directly compiling with ant, but those options you'll have to check from make.bat and build.xml by yourself. If you have any questions about code, classes, building, etc I will gladly help (if you leave question here as reply to this message thread), whenever I have time. Feel free to modify, tweak, what ever because the source release is fully free. Also there's no guarantee by me and these sources are released as-is. Thus if anything happens to your computer, house, car, wife or pet dog while compiling, modifying or running compilations made from these sources, I won't take any responsibility of that. Use it with your own risk! Very Happy

Oh, and one more thing. If you make any nice modifications, new features and such, I would be really glad if you made those public as well. I don't require it but I really hope you would do so.

Have a sunny summer and have fun with JBBR! Smile
stargzrrag

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2006 - 08:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I just found a feature of the replayer that I LOVE, so I felt I would share it and say way to go.

When an injury box overflows, a small arrow appears and you can see the players that before were hidden off the board.
This is great. I wish the client did that normally.
Lincoln

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2006 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I love this replayer and I have already fixed a couple of glitches that stood in my way. Is there any official developper that took the project over? I'd be glad to share the changes I made.
Laviak

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2006 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think that anyone is officially developing it. any suggestions on the best way to make bug-fixes / minor code changes public?

Lincoln

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2006 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Well err, my strategy was to look for volunteers here Wink
ultwe

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2006 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

hehe

Look to me like you just volunteered :-p

π is aproximately 3.142 times better than any other food
Rynkky

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2006 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

My advice would be using Sourceforge or similar public VCS to share and maintain the latest modifications. Ofc it would require someone to administrate the database, sources and plan the releases&features to be released, but I do think that it would be worht it in the long run.
Snorri

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2006 - 09:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder if it would be useful as a base for JBBowl LRB 5.

Don't know where Ski is at with his client right now, but it might really be worthwhile starting afresh with a new client.
Rynkky

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2006 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Snorri wrote:
I wonder if it would be useful as a base for JBBowl LRB 5.

Don't know where Ski is at with his client right now, but it might really be worthwhile starting afresh with a new client.

As I stated in other post @ FUMBBL/Ideas & Bug reports, I think that source code could be used as basis for a new client. Model and View could be used as-is with additions needed by the game play widgets, dialogs, etc., controller needs to be rewritten to support game playing. Also there is no rules component in replayer, because there is no need for one.

The good thing about replayer model is that it works with events (every change in model generates an event). Being so it should be fairly easy to create a networked version by generating network packet for every event to get models at both ends to be synchronized. OFC I would NOT suggest to make point-to-point version (like the current one is) because it is next to impossible to make it "hack-free" (which I have demonstrated some time ago with current JBB client). Client-Server OR well designed Point-to-Point with Trusted 3rd party is the way to go.
bluetooth

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2006 - 10:01 Reply with quote Back to top

torsoboy wrote:
I absolutely love the interface. Is there any chance you could talk SkiJunkie into adopting the same visual style? Smile

Hear, hear. Works brilliantly (Mac). Brilliant visual interface.