38 coaches online • Server time: 12:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Star Rating For My Job (dont vote till i have tryed to help)
15%
 15%  [ 9 ]
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
16%
 16%  [ 10 ]
13%
 13%  [ 8 ]
52%
 52%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 59

Angie

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
Dear Guru,

my whole nation counts on you so please help us!

How can France manage a win against Togo

please please please!

Sorry had to jump in here....
sk8bcn they could always pay Togo to show up, always a good thing if your opponents actually turn up... Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
Dear Guru,

please please please!

i hate france, but you asked, so ill answer
get a new team, and fast, shove the starting 11 on the bench, and start with 11 new ones, but keep henry and barthez on, and for god sake, sort your fans out! they boo at any given chance, that does not help!!!

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Thorpe_Star wrote:
sk8bcn wrote:
Dear Guru,

please please please!

get a new team, and fast, shove the starting 11 on the bench, and start with 11 new ones, but keep henry and barthez on, and for god sake, sort your fans out! they boo at any given chance, that does not help!!!

Your suggesting france playing 13 players ... well it might work ,but dont count on it
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
Nature_Warden wrote:
"Who are the Vikings? What did they do? Why did they do it?"

I sensed a small helping of racial hatred and a decent dose of ignorance towards the Viking people in the answers to these three, no insult intended naturally... The Viking people are most likely the most misunderstood race in the history of Earth, they were a far cry from the simplistic and barbaric raiding nomads they seem to be painted all to often! They were a formerly nomadic people who as many others did around that era turned from simple scavengers to more advanced agricultural methods and began their slow climb from fighting for survival to fighting to define what the world was and their place in it as any civilized culture would do! Intrigueing digression is that our own cultures have given up on this aspect thanks to an odd tendancy to overwork when with modern technology feeding your family happily only takes about 2 man-hours a day... They actually had one of the more advanced and intrigueing designs for their culture and a more then passing pantheonic polytheistic religion! Smile They did everything you'd expect a recently fallen and now growing dark ages culture to do, they hunted, they married, some wrote poems, some were remarkable artists! Some... happened to really like cutting up people destined for their heaven-like hell for warriors and became raiders... As for why the raiders did it, what you're dealing with is a highly advanced culture which just so happened to be based in a caste like system which as always involved an aggressive "soldier" sort who eventually through the use of advanced weapons and philisophy quashed the resistance to their gentle domination and the roving bands of ne'er do wells only to find nothing left to kill... so they outsourced their deadly habits to lands afar! That's the birth of the crazed madmen we call the Norse... no more crazed or mad I'm certain then the British soldiers in land for training near my home would be without the pacts of allegiance...

again no reading from me. It's really annoying to have to ignore your post because you are unable to press on enter to make some spaces.

I did actually read it. Sounds more than a bit over romanticised.

The Norse are actually the only Western Europeans who ever managed to become extinct (in the case of the Greenland Norse).

Try reading the chapters on the Norse there in Jared Diamond's latest book: Collapse.

As for the reasons for their raiding: The Norse relied on a type of agricultural society that was really too unreliable for the climate they did it in.

The raiding was a practical need for riches their land could not provide.

Enough Enters for you Sk8? Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought the norse invading was because they wanted stuff and decided that they would invade England as it was close and they where lazy .
Obviously they where along line of people who had had the great idea to invade england and then settle down once they got there.
Which is why england got so good at invading stuff andwhen we ran out of stuff we invented football hooliganism as a way to go about invading more stuff

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
sk8bcn wrote:
Nature_Warden wrote:
"Who are the Vikings? What did they do? Why did they do it?"

I sensed a small helping of racial hatred and a decent dose of ignorance towards the Viking people in the answers to these three, no insult intended naturally... The Viking people are most likely the most misunderstood race in the history of Earth, they were a far cry from the simplistic and barbaric raiding nomads they seem to be painted all to often! They were a formerly nomadic people who as many others did around that era turned from simple scavengers to more advanced agricultural methods and began their slow climb from fighting for survival to fighting to define what the world was and their place in it as any civilized culture would do! Intrigueing digression is that our own cultures have given up on this aspect thanks to an odd tendancy to overwork when with modern technology feeding your family happily only takes about 2 man-hours a day... They actually had one of the more advanced and intrigueing designs for their culture and a more then passing pantheonic polytheistic religion! Smile They did everything you'd expect a recently fallen and now growing dark ages culture to do, they hunted, they married, some wrote poems, some were remarkable artists! Some... happened to really like cutting up people destined for their heaven-like hell for warriors and became raiders... As for why the raiders did it, what you're dealing with is a highly advanced culture which just so happened to be based in a caste like system which as always involved an aggressive "soldier" sort who eventually through the use of advanced weapons and philisophy quashed the resistance to their gentle domination and the roving bands of ne'er do wells only to find nothing left to kill... so they outsourced their deadly habits to lands afar! That's the birth of the crazed madmen we call the Norse... no more crazed or mad I'm certain then the British soldiers in land for training near my home would be without the pacts of allegiance...

again no reading from me. It's really annoying to have to ignore your post because you are unable to press on enter to make some spaces.

I did actually read it. Sounds more than a bit over romanticised.

The Norse are actually the only Western Europeans who ever managed to become extinct (in the case of the Greenland Norse).

Try reading the chapters on the Norse there in Jared Diamond's latest book: Collapse.

As for the reasons for their raiding: The Norse relied on a type of agricultural society that was really too unreliable for the climate they did it in.

The raiding was a practical need for riches their land could not provide.

Enough Enters for you Sk8? Wink

of course!

I've read the answer and even my original statement. Tough still not Nature's one

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

And unlike most things you invented, the Australians are not better at hooliganism than you yet! Razz

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Thorpe_Star wrote:
sk8bcn wrote:
Dear Guru,

please please please!

Thanks. Now I'll phone Domenech so that he knows. However I rate you 1 since you
Thorpe_Star wrote:
hate france

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

mikafreak wrote:
Sorry had to jump in here....
sk8bcn they could always pay Togo to show up, always a good thing if your opponents actually turn up... Wink

ermmm mika you are not from Argentina are you? Not England right?

We believe that players from 1998/2000 will win again, even if they failed in 2002 and 2004.

England makes him team like a boyz band. They even pick an underaged to please younger girls in the country

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
And unlike most things you invented, the Australians are not better at hooliganism than you yet! Razz

Well currently we are better at cricket than them ozzies and they are better at football ...The worlds gone mad
chappy24

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Dear Thorpe ITS PASSED YOUR BED TIME !!!!!!
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Dear Guru,

how can I make english people shut up when they are jealeous of us, frenchies (behavior-wise not soccer-wise of course)

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Dear Guru,

How can I get coaches to accept and love fouling?
Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2006 - 07:18 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
Dear Guru,

how can I make english people shut up when they are jealeous of us, frenchies (behavior-wise not soccer-wise of course)

do what you guys are known for, stick your noses in the air, and in a language we dont understand, slag us off to the gods, works for me

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2006 - 07:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Plorg wrote:
Dear Guru,

How can I get coaches to accept and love fouling?

thats a question i cant answer, ive been asking that for a long while now, eventually pepole will understand fouling is a part of this game, and the option to go nuts with it is there, but until then, we have a long battle to fix this

and dont hyjack the thread lads, i am taking this seriously here!