91 coaches online • Server time: 21:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Throw Team Mate Land...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dominik

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2006 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

If stalling was not wished by the designers of Blood Bowl, Khemri would not exist.
If fouls should not have that impact which it has currently, there wouldn't be the +2 modifier for injury rolls with DP.

So why don't you like to play Blood Bowl as it was meant to be played?
PandaPower

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2006 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure I've just read a topic started by PistolPete on exactly the same thing...

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=8397
Gumbo

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2006 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

PistolPete wrote:
At the end of the day, this is about having fun, and I think that excessive fouling is anything but fun for the person on the receiving end anyway.

If I'm wrong about DP, and it being there to destroy team so be it. It's there, and yes you have to except it but it doesn't mean you have to like it, and yes I still feel that there should be a limit to how many fouls a single player can make, but what that limit is, is a whole different ball game.

Please god do a search on this stupid bloody topic. Why oh why do people insist on bringing it up time after time after time. Read the bloody rule book and play the game properly. If they called it 'kicking' instead of fouling, half the monotonous reprobates who post this inane drivel wouldn't have a problem, they would see it as part of the game.
Deal with it and stop whinging; i mean, who last complained about 'capturing' a piece in chess? Same thing, you muppet

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2006 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

hmmm, they were made 9 minutes apart from each other

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2006 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

*mutters something about noobs crying over something that has existed since *long* before they came to blood bowl....and the same noobs who decide to post two different threads on the same exact rant*....

you know...i love a good rant...but seriously...get some new material, this horse was dead years ago

--j

ImageImage

Last edited by shadow46x2 on %b %16, %2006 - %23:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
ultwe

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2006 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
If stalling was not wished by the designers of Blood Bowl, Khemri would not exist.
If fouls should not have that impact which it has currently, there wouldn't be the +2 modifier for injury rolls with DP.

So why don't you like to play Blood Bowl as it was meant to be played?

ROFL

π is aproximately 3.142 times better than any other food
PistolPete

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2006 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, appologies to all. I got pissed off, and maybe, just maybe shouldn't have expressed my views.Confused
Diabl0658

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2006 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

your free to express your views, just dont spam in the process

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2006 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

PistolPete, you have the right to express your opinions of course. But you should also be a bit humble and listen to those who played quite a lot of games under all circumstances.

So, let's try to sum up:

1) Fouling is part of the game. TRUE
2) Fouling with DP is evil and anti-fun no matter what. FALSE
3) Fouling with DP is currently one of the broken aspects of BB. PROBABLY TRUE
4) People exploting broken combos are labeled as sad and anti-fun people. UNDERSTANDABLE
5) Assuming your way to see bb is right and their way to see bb is wrong. PLAIN WRONG

Get used to points 1 to 5, then read them again, and again, and again.
Then, read them again and convince yourself that they are good guidelines for a correct perception of bb and for a correct disposition towards your opponents' playstyles.

I might add:
6) Read my Coach Info Page. That's how I feel about BB. But I try to play all kinds of opponents... and that made me stronger. And it also taught me my way to play bb is not the only legitimate one (even if it's the one I like the most).
7) Try to be able to adapt. Keep your preferences, but try to have fun no matter what the opponent throws at you. BB is a game, there's always something to do in order to have fun: chatting, outbashing your opponent, building your team, outplaying a heavy fouler and make a fool of him in post-game comments... Everything goes!

Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2006 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

PistolPete wrote:
Ok, appologies to all. I got pissed off, and maybe, just maybe shouldn't have expressed my views.Confused

You didn't need to express them in TWO threads. Smile

Expressing your views is good if it helps you realise that they are completely wrong Smile

There was no attempt to kill your team. They are AV9 for crying out load.
Worse than the fouling was the crowd pushing. You didn't learn your lesson and got players pushed off the pitch cheaply. It was because you lost so many players that he was able to stall.

Even so, you were still 2-1 up in the second half with plenty of players on the field.

You were the orcs but he played the orc game better than you. Smile
Why try the second TTM? Why not grind the ball down the field for eight turns maiming his players as you went. That's orc ball. Leave him one turn to equalise or short on numbers if it goes to OT.

It was a tournament game. You're supposed to play to win.

If you want to play elf ball then play an elf tournament with an elf team. If you can't find any that you like then start your own.

Edit:
If you're playing a team with less strength and lower AV expect them to pull every trick in the book to get your players off the field.

Last edited by koadah on %b %17, %2006 - %00:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Topper

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2006 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I just played a game of Day of Defeat some sucker kept on ruining the experience for everyone else by shooting teammates and constantly blocking their path and vision.
That is lame - playing to win, particularly in a league is not.
Synn

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2006 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Dry em.

As a person who fouls and stalls (understatement eh?) I can point out that BOTH are preventable tactics. So i think the logical conclusion here is that you got utterly p//n3d by a coach and are complaining about the tactics he used to achieve such a high degree of p//na63.

Fear not coaches! Had his opponent won through traditional "pansy-ball" pete here would post something about getting diceraped.

__Synn Smile
vanGorn

Post 16 Posted: Jun 17, 2006 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Why should we hate a part of the game? Shocked

PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2006 - 00:59
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I dont think its been established wether this is a thread about fouling and about stalling or if its a thread about 'fouling and stalling' as a single unified strategy.

i think the latter. In which case its ages since we've had one.

Other than that i just wish to say that when i was reading through I'm sure i heard the noise of Diablo686's name being added to Black Lists across the world.

Diablo and some others: while i do understand your sentiments, its attitudes and pure nastiness like that that drives people away from fumbbl. if you care a jot for the game you like to play and the community around it I'd personally recommend you have a little think about the way you decided to reply to someone who was clearly exasperated and letting off steam. In response to this you decide to pile in not with even tough love, but simply abuse.

To me thats pretty poor form and ranks a lot lower on the scale of human abbherant behavior than over attachment to pixelated characters.

And a genuine question: What makes claiming people SHOULD foul different to claiming they shouldn't? arn't both just trying to impose your morality and value system on others?

Some poeple like to foul, some don't. What makes either bunch think they are 'right' or morally superior to the other has always eluded me. having your own values and morals is fine with me, imposing them on others (unless its your site/game) isnt. Thats what i find offensive from both sides.

though to be fair the other thread is far more polite and yet no more receptive to pistolpete's vented rage.

Cross posted from OldBugman in the other thread as it made me smile, and also in the hope pete sees it and it gives him some perspective and a clearly needed chuckle:

http://www.pistolpete.justgotowned.com/
angelface

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2006 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't hate fouling or stalling.

Things I do hate:
When someone could easily manage 2d blocks on me but still hits me on 1d. When orcs go choosy about fouling.
When someone with av9+mb sets boyscout mode on himself and states what I should play like to be fair and funny.

Just my humble effort to advance this topic towards page no. 3.
 Jump to: