47 coaches online • Server time: 19:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2006 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

i will only delay if you two would fill up the tournament for another round.. if that is not the case then there is no use in waiting at all..

atm 14 teams are applying..

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 05:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Nighteye wrote:
Unranked got plenty of strange tournaments already. No official tournament of this kind is needed in Unranked.

Why not ???

I am new playing tournaments and participated in the XFL Amazons, but the other 4 races I have, the XFL tournaments were already over before I knew about them... I dont like to retire teams so I will have to wait till they come around again for the ranked teams...

I am not looking for "strange tournaments", I like the idea of who has the better race team, then maybe all the winners play in an overall tournament Smile
pac

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 06:39 Reply with quote Back to top

MightyQ wrote:
I am not looking for "strange tournaments", I like the idea of who has the better race team, then maybe all the winners play in an overall tournament Smile

Then set it up in [U]nranked and run it. Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Tholgorond Swordspiders will be up for it
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

we have 17 applications atm.. would be great if we could get it to 32.. if any of you plans to drop out due to the upcoming next major, please inform me as soon as possible.. so i can adjust the slots

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

XFL darkelves IS a major, i was petrified this would happen while i was away. Save two spots for the finalists of the ulthuan invitational!!!! We will be finishing up on the 25th!

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

as i said at earlier XFLs, it's first come first serve.. atm we have 17 teams applying.. if we get to 32 great.. otherwise only the first 16 get to play..

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2006 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

20 teams applying in total atm.. so 12 to go to make it to next stage..

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2006 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I applied early, but am awaiting news of the GLT to see how hard I try in the first round (or if I withdraw).

As PeteW says, my team is very beatable by DE at the moment. A lot of aging has taken its toll and the 5 handicaps every game will give someone a fat FF 35 cherry with 1-2 tacklers.

still disliked all round!
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2006 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Malthor wrote:
I applied early, but am awaiting news of the GLT to see how hard I try in the first round (or if I withdraw).

As PeteW says, my team is very beatable by DE at the moment. A lot of aging has taken its toll and the 5 handicaps every game will give someone a fat FF 35 cherry with 1-2 tacklers.

Have you at all concidered following any of the advice given by peteW?

30 coachs and 50,000 must be adding silly amounts to your teams TR which in turn makes all the handicaps happen .
I know its none of my business but why do you keep such funds when all itis doing is giving away handicap each game ?
Optihut

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2006 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

nazerdemus wrote:
Malthor wrote:

30 coachs and 50,000 must be adding silly amounts to your teams TR which in turn makes all the handicaps happen .
I know its none of my business but why do you keep such funds when all itis doing is giving away handicap each game ?

Because the point of the Blood Falcons is not to be a run of the mill Dark Elf team that is competititve in tournaments. Their point is to be the #1 team in the tables.
Malthor

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2006 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Course I have considered it for months, way before PeteW suggested anything heh.

Valdrek and the 30 coaches, and the soon to be reached 1000 handicaps are part of the team fluff.

So I win less games. There will never be another player like Valdrek. Nor another team so despised by jealous peeps Smile.

My team adds flavour to Fumbbl. Having specs boo me or cheer the opponent adds to the fun.

If I sacked Valdrek, and the 30 coaches, etc and became a TR 350/280 team, I would just be another 'high TR' DE team (no disrespect to my fellow coaches). The Blood Falcons are unique and love them or hate them, they are one of the best known and most cheered/booed teams around. Certainly worth losing extra games for that.

nazerdemus wrote:
Malthor wrote:

Tophat

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2006 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah well at least I didnt say id eat my hat if you didnt win , at least its just my money Razz

Edit : and just so you know that your evil plan is working I have read up on your fluff and looked through your team bio simply because you hada stupidly high tr
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2006 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Nor another team so despised by jealous peeps

Contradiction. You cant both despise something and want it yourself.
Malthor

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2006 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Tophat wrote:
Ah well at least I didnt say id eat my hat if you didnt win , at least its just my money Razz

Edit : and just so you know that your evil plan is working I have read up on your fluff and looked through your team bio simply because you hada stupidly high tr

531 is mild stupidly high.

It used to be 754 and TS 390 heh.

Jump to: