36 coaches online • Server time: 10:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Fleabiter

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2006 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I have been playing these guys for a while and was wondering if there was any tips for setups and general play that could be useful as i dont think they are playing to potential...... in other words i suck at the mo
Emphasy

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2006 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Blitz'N'Foul
Fleabiter

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2006 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

with doggies or whight?
SergeiBautin

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2006 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Blitz with Wolves, score with zombies or Fleshies when you can. Fouling is not neccesary, not more than other teams i think anyways. Play fast vs bashers, play hard vs fast ones.

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2006 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

And crowdpush the crap out of everything
PeteW

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2006 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Always stick zombies on the LoS in defense - leave your FGs and wights back to move to where they are needed. As Emph said, blitz (with the wolves) but don't leave them stranded. Blitz and hide. Don't blitz if it will leave you in a TZ so you have to dodge. You're asking for a failed dodge and a brutal gang foul.

With necros you have to be adaptable. Against weaker opponents (elves) bash them hard. Against tougher guys (orcs, dorfs etc) then play more like elves. Stay off from running into TZs and wait for the opponent to come to you.

If you get a double on a wolf take MB - he will win games for you.

Also, watch some of the wins here for ideas on how to effectively hide your wolf from the opponent's nasty fouling aims.

Enjoy!

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Ive heard it can be effective against faster teams to postion your golems on the wing when defending , the stand firm means that its hard just to shove them aside and sprint round the back as elves like to do , Add to that a solid line of zombies in the middle and it becomes hard for the opponent break through the line . You can then use your wolfs and wights to try to steal the ball before he breaks through ,or if he dosent get many players through the line you can use them to beat up on those who have broken through the zombieline .
set up something like this
xxxxxZZZZZxxxxx
xgxxwxxxxxwxxgx
xxxDxxxxxxxDxxx

Something like that should make it difficult to get through , and leave both dogs free to help with defense and or counter attack , the wights as well should befloating around ready to help out .
If your lucky the golem will hold the line , but if he gets knocked down they will have to put three men on him to get a two dice , which will block up the running of his own men a bit too and force them wide .

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Or you can just make a cage in the centre protecting your wolves. with 8mvm that can cover both flanks, you make a solid centre and force your opponent around the side... this on't work against bashy teams much tho, as they will just walk through your team bashing instead!

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
Urien

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

blitz wif wfloff

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

LordSnotball wrote:
Or you can just make a cage in the centre protecting your wolves. with 8mvm that can cover both flanks, you make a solid centre and force your opponent around the side... this on't work against bashy teams much tho, as they will just walk through your team bashing instead!

Well if you did that to any elf team i was playing id just run a whole bunch of players into your half , take the ball somewhere safe and then score next turn . as you wouldnt be able to mark all of them .

( although letting elves score in 2 turns and then grinding out a 6 turn and 8 turn score can be worth a try )
Fleabiter

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

so much info so little time to take it all in. Greatly appreaciated. I shall keep you guys updated. I have also found the issue 3 (i think) of GLN to have anice article on NEcro tactics.

THANKS
Optihut

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Your wolfs will be the main target, so you need to get them to safety after blitzing: It may even be worthwhile to set up a little cage where the wolf can run to with his high movement after he tore up one of the opposing players.
 Jump to: