35 coaches online • Server time: 09:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Exempt teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
arcane257

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2006 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I find that in ranked I am much more picky that I am in real life blood bowl. I was trying to figure it out and I realised its because of my coach rating. I have also noticed that for the most part if a coaches rating is over 160 they have great odds of being a whiney bitch when ever the dice dont go perfectly for them. It seems to only get worse as the coach rating gets higher. Now dont get me wrong I am not saying all high rating coaches are this way but man enough are to make a case for this. Its gotten so bad that lately one of the first things I check on a coach is there rating and if its over 165 I dont play them.

Of course I run into another problem playing down so much. Lets face it if your below 145 in coach rating its not bad luck alone. So while I end up with coaches who dont complain over every little thing... well lets just say I see a lot of um interesting choices made in games lately. But let face it when the guy starts his turn with his big guy and ends his turn do to not having block the game loses some of its luster. I have been joking with my friends lately that maybe I should just demote my ranked teams and play in the other devisions as coach rating isnt so important there and I wont find myself worring about it. Then all I have to do is worry about whiney coaches and trying to keep my team alive not how good a coach fumbbl says I am.

Hmm sort of rambled on a bit here but does anyone else notice this? If so what solutions have you found for it?
Whiney high rated coaches welcome to chime in as well Very Happy.

Arcane257
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2006 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't care about my CR at all.

All I care about is my team and ITS winning record. If my team is respected, I don't care if my CR is 180 or 135.

Oh, and on a side note: playing a CR 190 may be frustrating, but playing a CR 120 is no fun. Much better to play the biggies and lose big time. And learn, maybe.

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2006 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
I don't care about my CR at all.

All I care about is my team and ITS winning record.

Seconded!

But come to think of it, I don't care about winning much at all... I'm in it for the fluff, and the development of my teams...
Plorg

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2006 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

arcane257 wrote:
I have also noticed that for the most part if a coaches rating is over 160 they have great odds of being a whiney bitch when ever the dice dont go perfectly for them. It seems to only get worse as the coach rating gets higher.

Hmm...
By your standards I would be considered a high rating coach, but I can't remember the last time I complained about the dice in-game.

On the other hand, I've noticed that the lower a coach rating is, the more likely they are of being a whiny bitch in the forums.
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2006 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I've found that it's not just high CR coaches that whine. Low CR coaches whine too, and sometimes completely unfounded, which is funny to me. It's basic human psychology to put the blame on something other themselves, when things go bad.

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2006 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Blame me. It is my fault you lose... Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2006 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I find that people arguments are based on how they experience fumbbl and not on facts.

(This is how I experience fumbbl) Laughing

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2006 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

"Its gotten so bad that lately one of the first things I check on a coach is there rating and if its over 165 I dont play them."

This is one of the stupidest things I ever read. Sorry to say so, but generalizations and nonsense are just evident in this sentence.
And, more than this, I feel sorry for you. If you avoid CR 165+ coaches you are missing some of the more enjoyable games you could find here.
Ok, you are also missing some of the most annoying jerks around, but that goes for any CR in my experience.

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2006 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Plorg wrote:
arcane257 wrote:
I have also noticed that for the most part if a coaches rating is over 160 they have great odds of being a whiney bitch when ever the dice dont go perfectly for them. It seems to only get worse as the coach rating gets higher.

Hmm...
By your standards I would be considered a high rating coach, but I can't remember the last time I complained about the dice in-game.

On the other hand, I've noticed that the lower a coach rating is, the more likely they are of being a whiny bitch in the forums.

Funny that you cut off my point. Especialy right before I talk about it not being every coach at high rating just enough to make me feel justified in the complaint.

Feeling Guilty?
Arcane257
Iscariot

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't mind what CR the guy is, I'll play anyone usually if I think it's gunna be a good game.

However, I do find that if they have a high CR they feel they have a divine right to be a better player than me and bitch that it MUST be luck if something I do goes right, because my CR sucks so I must be a bad coach. Not saying they're all like that, as I've played some really great games (in fact some of my best games) against high CR players, but there seems to be that they think they're a rare saurus with the Sacred Spawning of Nuffle (Opponents auto fail the desperation attempt move in Turn7, +20pts Per character).

Very Happy
arcane257

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

torsoboy wrote:
I've found that it's not just high CR coaches that whine. Low CR coaches whine too, and sometimes completely unfounded, which is funny to me. It's basic human psychology to put the blame on something other themselves, when things go bad.

You may have a point there. It may be that when the lower coaches complain its about their 5+ dodge to pick up the ball its just so funny it doesnt bother me. But yet these are never the guys in my experence that complain after slicing thru you 9 armor value team like their flings that they didnt get a casualty. Or that the casualty was only a bh instead of death? (to me off the pitch is off the pitch).

Who knows though maybe I have just had bad luck in spectating and games played when it comes to coaches with high coach ratings.

Arcane257
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

A quick look at your R teams, Arcane257:

- Your High elves played only runners. Oh, and a halfling team with nice TR up TS down strategy.
- Your Skaven always play TS down
- Your Amazons always seem a bit more fair, but they managed to face two stunty teams in 5 games...
- Your Necros always play TS down
- Your Darkies always play TS down

MMMMMMMMM
First thing that comes to mind is "grow up kiddo, and stop flaming better coaches on the forums...."
You are picky? STOP being picky! You are not searching for low TR coaches... you are looking for cherries.

Bah
Jan

Last edited by JanMattys on %b %19, %2006 - %00:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Hindsberg

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Booya
Emphasy

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 00:14 Reply with quote Back to top

WOooaaa JanM:)

I dont care what CR you got, what TR or TS your team got, ill play anyone if i think i got a chance to pull it off...

I dont care about my own CR, all i care for is as JanMattys said the winning records of the team.

I NEVER look for a given oppo before asking them for a game nor do i look if im being challenged.. its a game, everything can happen.
pac

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

You're right, Jan. I've never seen so many 'fling teams in a match record. Shocked ... Could you tell us how you find them, arcane? Wink

On the topic: all coaches whine. Poor coaches whine because they don't realise it's their own fault and not the dice; and good coaches whine because they can't always accept that - however good you are - sometimes the dice will screw you anyway. The coaches in between do a little of one, and a little of the other.

Even I whine - I just try not to do it on the keyboard. Razz

Jump to: