42 coaches online • Server time: 12:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2006 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there anyone with a high CR that isnt just an expert at choosing games that they cant lose ?
Last night I spent 45 minutes asking people for games and It seemed the people most likely to dodge a fairly even TR/TS match where those with the highest CR?
Generally speaking the games i othered looked im my eyes to be a reasonably fair fight .

Ah well each to their own i guess Razz
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2006 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigh......... not this again..........

NO, NOT ALL HIGH CR COACHES GET THERE BY ONLY PLAYING EASY MATCHES!!!

In fact, my own is approaching an all time high, just because I played some matches I was likely to lose, but won anyway.

We are not all called Sarumanthewhite or Buskopanz you know Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2006 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

i meet and played a high CR guy yesterdat that was or is really good Mattdfan dont know why he likes Matt daamon that much though.

but your right it is cherry rating but there are a few out there
Fischerking to name another
Sysiphos

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2006 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

There are true coaches with a high cr who play everybody... Candlejack, Emphasy and some more come to my mind.

Oh... on the other side there are some coaches with high CR who donĀ“t play against coaches with a CR smaller than 150 or so...

Last edited by Sysiphos on %b %22, %2006 - %15:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2006 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

ah well then ill have to do some more research , preliminary research shows that 85.4% of coachs with TR over 160 wont play a necro team with equal or slightly less TR Razz
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2006 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

You spent 45 minutes. Poor you. I've gone through entire days on the gamefinder without finding a match that I deemed worth playing. But that's because I'm somehow a cherrypicking coach that just has to have a higher CR than you.

That said, your teams don't look scary (at the time of writing). Why you're not getting games is beyond me, unless people are afraid of two werewolves.

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2006 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

raise up to a 200TS and my chaos will kick your necros butt. To death.

raise down, and my HE will do.

However, the pro won't play (I wait for the secretive CandleJack to announce pro elf XLF) nor the orks that aren't really a team of mine (it's my RRR slot, but I don't feel like playing one currently).

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2006 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

torsoboy wrote:
You spent 45 minutes. Poor you. I've gone through entire days on the gamefinder without finding a match that I deemed worth playing. But that's because I'm somehow a cherrypicking coach that just has to have a higher CR than you.

That said, your teams don't look scary (at the time of writing). Why you're not getting games is beyond me, unless people are afraid of two werewolves.

yeah I was a bit mystified really , i can understand if i have 6claw/ rsc and 3 dps , but my team is mainly a ball playing team Sad .

Maybe you are being too picky if you go whole days without finding a match that you think you can deem worthy . Maybe a bit cherrypicky even Razz
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2006 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll trash the Rats with my Flings, or the Orcs with my Flings or Gobbos. You know, when I'm free to play. Then you will be slaughtered, laughed at, and accused of cherry-picking all at once! Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2006 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
I'll trash the Rats with my Flings, or the Orcs with my Flings or Gobbos. You know, when I'm free to play. Then you will be slaughtered, laughed at, and accused of cherry-picking all at once! Wink

Only a fool would think that a well coached ( filthy dirty stompy ) halfling /gobbo team was a juicy cherry Razz
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2006 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Mac's flings don't have trees..........

Can't get juicier than that Razz

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2006 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I have come to the same conclusion sometimes. Very few ppl with high CR challenge me with a team that is equal in TR/TS, usually about 10-20 above. And I often get a No when I challenge... Why? I don't know. I'm a sucky player, and they'd probably win easily with equal teams.

Anyhow, games vs low CR is more fun. The high-CR-dudes (most of them, with a few brilliant exceptions) takes their CR way to seriously.

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2006 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I am not worried about CR, I do care somewhat about a teams win / loss ratio though ...

My CR is a bit weird though, I had a CR of 159-160 ... played a Smack and suddenly it was 170!
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2006 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

macavity's one are.

I would never play them. It's like wearing a BIG "I'm THE cherrypicker" flag.

Besides Busko asked me for a game recently and I lost (but it was hard fought good game. I limited him to 2 fouls only -vs 1 for me if I remember well-) I opted to play to win because I could have stalled for a draw.

was kinda surprising since he is known for beeing a cherrypicker.

I am not at Csonti or Smess level but I can give a hard time to an opponent. There are better cherrys than me I think (add to this I am a big lucker).

ps: on a side note, the current Saruman profile is named Soarenhightower :p . oooppppssss how could I say that

/me runs and hide Laughing

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2006 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
I am not worried about CR, I do care somewhat about a teams win / loss ratio though ...

My CR is a bit weird though, I had a CR of 159-160 ... played a Smack and suddenly it was 170!

Then you must just dislike me ..sob....sob... Crying or Very sad
 Jump to: