18 coaches online • Server time: 06:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Vampflings to stunty
yes
32%
 32%  [ 38 ]
no
33%
 33%  [ 39 ]
I dont care
11%
 11%  [ 14 ]
still needs changin
15%
 15%  [ 18 ]
I hate stunty leeg!
7%
 7%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 118

gorritakid

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2003 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey I have an idea too, let's all criticize another people's ideas without reason and without trying to be helpful just to be a cool naysayer. Let's add a smiley at the end too so we look nice too.

Surprisingly enough, there are people who creates new ideas, PLAYTEST them, try to tweak them and make them better, then playtest them again and all the process go on. There are other people who criticize those new teams after speccing some test games and usually those critics are very useful and helpful. There are also ideas for new teams that after that process are simply discarded because they just don't work.

mmmm enough, it is not really worth it.
Twahn

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2003 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Though I do like these Vampflings much better than the Horrors roster that's getting thrown around at present...

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
Twahn

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2003 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

gorritakid wrote:
Hey I have an idea too, let's all criticize another people's ideas without reason and without trying to be helpful just to be a cool naysayer. Let's add a smiley at the end too so we look nice too.

Yeah, I know. Sorry guys. My sarcastic comments were both uncalled for and disrespectful to the effort that you've put into this idea. I'm all for new ideas and this does seem to be a valid and balanced one. I think it might just be the hour of the morning and the fact that I've just stumbled into another shitty day at work...

I'm a bit remiss about having Vampiric Halflings but that's just a personal preference for faithfulness to established GW creations. However, I reckon the inherent unreliable nature of the Vampire makes it a perfect addition to Stunty.
Still, with such growth lately in the Stunty league, I do think it should be allowed to settle for a bit. This is the best idea for a new addition that has come up though (besides Squigs!!), and should be considered before any else.

I must apologise again. I regretted that comment as soon as I wrote it.
oeuftete

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2003 - 01:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr-Klipp wrote:
Actually, thralls should not suffer the penalty. The rules state that the injury roll on the thrall is unmodified, the client is not currently doing it correctly.

I was watching one of the playtests earlier, and the only modifier being applied to the injury roll to the thrallflings on OFAB was the +1 for Stunty. (Is that a gray area?)
cusi

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2003 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Smacks Twahn
GW isnt even faithful to its own creations!!!!!!!!
SQUATSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ZOATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BLARG!!!!!!!!!!
slaan even disapeared for a while and came back as "lizardmen" 8?p

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2003 - 02:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Just cause they aren't, doesn't mean I shouldn't be! Smile

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
cusi

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2003 - 03:53 Reply with quote Back to top

heh
like being faithful to whore
your only fooling yourself kiddo

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2003 - 05:07 Reply with quote Back to top

The RSC or RSF is the major problem with that roster stunties get hurt enough without bonuses to the injury rolls

also the lordfling is way too cheap at 50K (assuming this is a typo and you ment a higher amount like 100+K)

they will overpower most stunty teams and those they dont outstrength (CD minotaurs/Snotling trolls etc) will probably die quickly to the RSF (however with less Vamplings it might be possible)

1 LordFling 5 4 4 8 Razors, Hypnogaze, Regenerate, Undead, 50k G S A

Oh and please change the name to something more orignal anthing but Vamplings

Michael
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2003 - 05:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Toothy midgets? Wink

The Finishing Touch
peikko

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2003 - 05:49 Reply with quote Back to top

The price for lord AINT typo, if you read whats typed in there you can see he is only for freebooting.

Overpower end pretty darn sure for vamps cause they get hit, squeezed and slammed for not having dodge.

Seems like those Fangs are like blindfolds everybody just looks quickly at the roster and makes "whoo razors, thats baaad" and doesnt THINK or LOOK further.

You really think that razors are that way cool to have that without dodge, having ofab, not having big guys OR secret weapons in roster makes them overpowered? If so, I have only 2 solutions, either get a life or watch playtest games or try yourself. These HORRIBLE sharp guys are prolly most playtested from all new stunty races and been proven both playable and balanced in 100-150 tr games.
Twahn

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2003 - 06:34 Reply with quote Back to top

cusi wrote:
heh
like being faithful to whore
your only fooling yourself kiddo

LOL

Never a truer word... but I used to love her so.

Can I blame her if she feels she needs to sell herself to rampant hordes of children, cramming into her shops and screaming 'Waaggh!' moronically?
If these same children make her forget her once beautifully contructed worlds of corruption and evil and replace them with cheap and nasty comic book style japery?

A girl's gotta make a living somehow... Wink
cusi

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2003 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah gw is a business
a shame in so many ways but then it would never had been in the first place
cant blame them for not being a charity

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2003 - 05:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I must admit that Razor Sharp claws on a team for stunty league gives me pause but this is only because my team gets torn apart without my opponents needing such skills right now, RSC is just designed to break the other team apart and with 6-7 ag 4 players do you really need to do this

however I stand by my assertion that the lordfling is too cheap

1 LordFling 5 4 4 8 Razors, Hypnogaze, Regenerate, Undead, 50k G S A
Chaos Warrior 5 4 3 9 50K(to freeboot) G S Ph

as you can see with his gaze/razors/regen and AG 4 he is better than a chaos warrior and hence should cost more to hire (60-70K)

Michael_Warblade
cusi

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2003 - 05:30 Reply with quote Back to top

i agree with you micheal warblade
I think he should be the same as a normal vampire lord
this si jsut a cowardly vampire lord who went to hobbiton because they know hobits are too into food to waste wood for a stake in the hearft when it can be used to light a fire to bake a cake Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2003 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I just finished a test game with the Vamplings roster (Something I suggest you should do if you want to comment on the experimental stunty rosters). It was as I feared, in the hands of a good coach, this team would probably rock stunty worse then the skinks. =) But rather then just bitch about them being too potent, I had a chat with the folks in #funbbl. We came up with some interesting ideas to tweak the roster. Although many people offered suggestions, all the flaws are my fault and all the good stuff is stuff I stole from someone else. Without further ado here's a variant Vampfling Roster:

Fluff: A degenerate vampire lord (or perhaps of that mysterious unknown bloodline) finds out that making vampires out of stunties has some unexpected side effects. They grow large razor sharp fangs. Having grown fond of stunty blood and constantly thirsting for a limitless supply, the lord soon realizes he'd never run out of victims if he joined the Stunty Leeg. With this brilliant plan vamplings are born. (Note: They aren't just halflings, they are composed of vampire stunties; the "ling" suffix is to denote "little", not "hafling" derivation.)

0-1 Vampire Lord M6 ST5 AG3 AV 8 OFAB, Fangs, Infect, Regenerate, Undead ST,AG, G
0-4 Vamplings M6 ST2 AG3 AV 7 OFAB, Fangs, Infect, Regenerate, Undead, Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty ST, AG, G 70K
0-12 Thrallings M5 ST2 AG3 AV6 Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty AG 30K
RRs: 70K
Apoth: Yes (but not the undead)

I believe a Vampire Lord is essential to this team. It's key to the fluff of the team. What's a Vampfling team without it's fearless leader? And stunty isn't just about the wee folk, it's about the nasty big guys too. All of my changes revolve around the vampling minions being led by their creator. There are lots of variations one could do with the vampire lord. For starters, the normal vampire lord is too potent, so nix that idea of just transplanting him into this roster. Fluff wise, I think it might be a good idea to imagine this guy as a Strigoi-type vampire. Only those degenerates would feed off of stunties. =) If you take this "monstrous" vampire bloodline, it's easier to justify the things it needs for play balance (Fangs & Lower AG primarily).

The vamplings got downpowered alot but gained a nifty new ability. If they "kill" a player, they've sucked their blood and put them under their command, thus they get a new thralling after the match. This is a much different kind of mental influence than hypnotic gaze that plays up the fang element of the team. The vampflings other strength is skill access suitable of their supernatural nature. They still can develop into awesome players. They paid 30K for fangs, infect, regenerate and increase skill access which is partially offset by OFAB.

Stunty Mayhem Factors: OFAB and Infect.

Strengths: Vicious (Fangs will help them clearing the pitch of stunties), Good Skill Access (4 vamplings), Regenerate (helps keep those Vamplings alive), Agile Big Guy (AG3 Vamplord), Infect (will help fill out the roster)

Weaknesses: Vicious (OFAB will help the opponents in clearing the field of stunties), 1 Big Guy (He'll get picked on big time), No TTM, Expensive RRs (70K), No Secret Weapons

Overall: A nice fun little team. OFAB makes gives them a suitable mayhem factor. Infect is nifty and fluffy although a bit of work for Klipp to code. Probably on the weak side but as I've said before it's easier to give them a boost then it is to downgrade them later. It will play differently then most stunty teams, one of the few that might try to score with their "big guy". He'll be supported by 4 players, although nothing overly special to start, can develop to fill diverse rolls. I'd hope that playtesting or after a month of play, that we'd find out that the team is much too weak, and we could up the vamplings to 0-6. Other options could be to tweak the Lord some more.

So, what do you think?

As Always,
Evolve To Stuntydom

Join a fun stunty tournament
 Jump to: