59 coaches online • Server time: 16:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2003 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

i have a rotter with surehands, picked it by mistake, but thought i'd keep it, a foul appearrance str 4 ball carier seems fun to me, now just need to give him pass Laughing
veron

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2003 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

RubenG wrote:
Kick for a thrower .... no comment

Kick, also an excellent skill. If you feel you don't really need any of the player position's "own" skills anymore, Kick is definately a good choice. I have a human catcher with Kick exactly because of this, and it's all good, can have other skills for the linemen.
grep-v

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2003 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Grumbledook wrote:
lamers you do know we can change misclicks huh :p

though i think if you are going to be that stupid i am inclined to make you keep them ;]

I like to keep my Dirty Player Orc Blitzer who should have been a Guarder.
Just like a scar: it is there to remind you of your dumb decisions and of the fact that bad things happen. Thus I hope to be more aware next time.
gorritakid

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2003 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Kick for a thrower is not a bad choice, why should it be? I have a defensive thrower and an offensive thrower in my norse, for example. The defensive one has kick, never regreted it. Very useful actually.
supageek

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2003 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

The first league I ever played in the commish got the bright idea to have players roll for the skills they got instead of picking them. I wound up with a Mummy with Nerves of Steel!!!! Embarassed
Heruwulfar

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2003 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

after bashing up the other team with my norse team i find kick rather handy too. with a little luck my opponent is forced to pick up the ball with a lineman maybe using a rr or spend a turn waiting for the guy with sure hands to get to the ball.

Last edited by Heruwulfar on %b %04, %2003 - %16:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
Beater

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2003 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, I gave my Rat Ogre Guard back in the virgin days before I knew WAs didn't bother helping their team mates.

In the Java Client it does let him assist blocks though. Should he?
veron

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2003 - 08:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, he should. All Big Guys can give assists normally, but Wild Animals cannot RECEIVE any assists.
Chickenbrain

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2003 - 08:19 Reply with quote Back to top

And Guard is always nice...

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2003 - 08:29 Reply with quote Back to top

RubenG wrote:
Kick for a thrower .... no comment

You put your thrower in the backfield to take the ball and toss it once your safeties splatter the runner. As long as he's back there, he might as well do something.

My bonehead was giving an elf lineman Sure Hands instead of Catch... I got them backwards...
Barash

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2003 - 08:37 Reply with quote Back to top

How about break tackle on a Wild Animal ? Sounds like a bad skill choice to me and seen that several times.

or is that somehow usefull?

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2003 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm... Break Tackle on a Rat Ogre or Mino, that's 1 ag 5 level dodge, useful for blitzing out of a trap, then clobbering a lone player... guess it's a decent skill choice, though I'd rather have Block and Pro first
Lord-Willi

Post 18 Posted: Aug 07, 2003 - 09:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Break Tackle for a wild animal is not really one of the good ones, you can only use it during a Blitz action and only if both of your Blocks were pushbacks where you needed to follow into a crowd.

@Kaz: You might not Dodge out of a tackle Zone before you make the Block because Wild Animal always have to Block if they're in a tackle Zone !

My worst picks were Pro for every Player cause i thought rerolling every second Roll is better than rerolling a particular one (eg. catch, pass etc.)
didn't really work out although all my players were nearly equal...
Emmers

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2003 - 09:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I saw dauntless on a black ork, or chaos warrior, or somehing like that. Point was, the player started with ST 4 and got dauntless, and I think Break tackle on a WA is useful. If you start the turn without anyone to block, you break tackle into a cage to get to the soft meat inside.

"hey, wheres the cream filling?"
veron

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2003 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Break tackle into a cage... That'd be like what, probably three tackle zones in there... Even with ST5 and pro, I wouldn't take such a risk, remember WAs have to take their actions first.

Break tackle still can be useful sometimes on a WA though, but only after many others, more important skills.
 Jump to: