52 coaches online • Server time: 23:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DMNT

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2003 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Calamir wrote:

I think it's pretty clear:

If a standing WA is adjacent to a standing player from the opposite team then they must take a Block or Blitz action, and throw a block at an adjacent player. (LRB p. 26)

So, they cannot take a blitz, dodge away from any adjacent players and throw the block at someone else, as Kaz suggested.

It doesn't say blocking must be WAs first move. First break tackle, move couple of squares, hit one of those players who was around him. Rule satisfied, WA happy.
poodle-man

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2003 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Weirdest skill combo i have seen was a treeman in RL. Had pass block and P.O. It actually worked cause most of his opponents would avoid leaving players next to the tree so it rarely had to dodge to get to the passer or reciever or whatever and if he decided to use po something was gonna die.

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2003 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

DMNT wrote:
Calamir wrote:

I think it's pretty clear:

If a standing WA is adjacent to a standing player from the opposite team then they must take a Block or Blitz action, and throw a block at an adjacent player. (LRB p. 26)

So, they cannot take a blitz, dodge away from any adjacent players and throw the block at someone else, as Kaz suggested.

It doesn't say blocking must be WAs first move. First break tackle, move couple of squares, hit one of those players who was around him. Rule satisfied, WA happy.

It doesn´t say that it has to be his first move that is correct, it says it has to be his first move if he is adjacent to an opposition player.

So if he starts next to an opposition player he MUST block or blitz him/her, he cannot dodge away to block someone else or chose to do nothing..he must block or blitz.
Rimmer

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2003 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, rampage76, it doesn´t say a WA can not dodge out and block one of his "starting adjecent players".

The rule is not clear since a blitz action is declared before you move the player.
So to satisfy the rule you could do like this:

WA declares a blitzaction, dodges out of his opponents tacklezone, runs around him and hits him from the other side.

From the example he has:
1. Decalared a blitz.
2. Blitzed an adjecent opponent.

So there is actually room for Calamir´s interpretation of the rule.

Note: I would never have thought of this myself if I had not read this post.

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2003 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Erm accurate for my star human catcher as his first skill,

I'll stick to my claim it was by accident and didn't know how to fix it Smile
having said that he made a cracking completion the following game.....hmm

Oh and I have kick for my thrower!

Oops
StarK
Moekel

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2003 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

well freak in a rock has a halfling team where he gave one of his flings PO as his first skill Very Happy
Kaos_War_Monk

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2003 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Friend has a Saurus with +AG. Cool thing is even with only 2AG he insists on trying to dodge with the guy at least once every game...And often succeeds Cool
azathoth_13

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2003 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Before I bothered to read too closely, I gave my Ogre Hail Mary Pass on my halfling team.......Imagine the distance on those flings! If they could be used together, of course Embarassed
Rampage76

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2003 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Rimmer wrote:
Actually, rampage76, it doesn´t say a WA can not dodge out and block one of his "starting adjecent players".

The rule is not clear since a blitz action is declared before you move the player.
So to satisfy the rule you could do like this:

WA declares a blitzaction, dodges out of his opponents tacklezone, runs around him and hits him from the other side.

From the example he has:
1. Decalared a blitz.
2. Blitzed an adjecent opponent.

So there is actually room for Calamir´s interpretation of the rule.

Note: I would never have thought of this myself if I had not read this post.

True,true

On the other hand isn´t this just like GW?
They create a rule but aren´t exact in how it is to be interpreted.
Heruwulfar

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2003 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

i got +ag as first skill for my BoB and decided to go for that.
i like teams with funny or wierd skill choises so i kinda liked the idea of a dodging BoB.
now that hes getting his ass kicked all the time im not so amused any more
Smile
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2003 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I always wanted a break tackle, pass block Mino with Foul Appearance Smile. Only reason my divx Norse team is still around, if I ever get another two skills for that Mino.

horns on a gutter runner ain't all that bad (use another GR to give him an assist and he blitzes with st4) ... but of course taking dauntless first, than horns is better :p.

-Mnemon
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2003 - 01:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I've seen reference somewhere to a -ma Mummy with piling on.

goes down and stays down.

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2003 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Just give him Diving Tackle and he'll be the perfect lounger
Miyuso

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2003 - 01:58 Reply with quote Back to top

My thrower with Claw as a first skill on one of my Skaven teams is my top CS getter Smile Plus i've got the Hail Mary Gnome machine thing and a Pass blocking Troll Slayer. Also, next skill my ogre gets on my orc team will be pass block or catch
Brad
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2003 - 05:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah. Frenzy.

Z
 Jump to: