32 coaches online • Server time: 10:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Oblitzamanger

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2006 - 09:37 Reply with quote Back to top

The title says it all. I want to know how to beat an Amazon team with limited tackle, let's say two at most.

The problem is that the Zons have all dodge and after one skill, all Blodgers. Their Blitzers can take Guard first, rendering them very dangerous and difficult to knock down. Even if you can get a player with Tackle to hit an Amazon, that Zon is most likely going to have Block, thus giving you only 1/3 chance to knock her down.

So if you can't knock 'em down, how do you beat them? They aren't slow; they aren't weak; they aren't at all easy to knock down. Do you just have to spread them out or what? And if so, all it would take would be a decent coach to make an Amazon team undefeatable.

So I guess what I'm asking is how the heck do you beat an Amazon team with only one or two players with Tackle?

That means you.
Mezir

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2006 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

With a STICK!

Seriously, only one tactic, the 2 - 1 stall.

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2006 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

you dont , but fear not at tr200 + revenge is imminent

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2006 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

6 MA isn't very fast. If you get far enough behind them and can cut off pursuit, you're gone. AV7 will eventualy break. If you spread em out they'll all dodge to react. You simply have to bash them into an oblivian. On offense you may have to cage since zons have limited cage breaking ability. On defense you simply have to force them into 4+ dodges through tackle zones. Remember even dodge rolls fail sometimes, and ag3 isn't perfect at ball handling skills. Try to take advantage of every mishap they give out.

If all else fails, sacrafice a gobo to nuffle. Hopefully it will please him enough to aid you in your troubles.

If that fails, then you're just shit outa luck.

Don't drop the soap.
Sysiphos

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2006 - 09:53 Reply with quote Back to top

crowdpush em, use multiple mighty blow, foul em.
flash

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2006 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, at least they only have av7 and ag3. So if you dont manage to outnumber them by hitting, try to force them to make some dodges and hope some will fail. If you have 2 tacklers - use your blitz every turn to hit the good players. At least there will be a few pows - even more if you manage to do 3d blocks. Av7 is weak - you'll have to hope to get some out (KO or worse) if you're finally knocking them down, and if they dont get out - a boot on lying av7 players is always an option.
Oblitzamanger

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2006 - 09:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, especially flash and ex-convict. But, I might say that in five or so blocks per turn, you may end up knocking down just one or two (assuming your Tackling Blitz took care of one). Then your players are either prone or next to Zons who most like;y have Block. Bah, I guess I'm trying to say that Zons are broken. I know they aren't and I defy anyone who says they are to play mine(cause I suck), but using ex-convict's and flash's advice, I guess it can't be impossible...

That means you.
coffindodger

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2006 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Pick on outlying players - take as many 2d blocks as possible - force them to make more rolls if they want to move the ball. keep your tacklers available for blitzing - don't let them pick on your tacklers as you'll need them - don't let them have a clear route through your front line.

Genreally the above work for taking out any team. At least they do for me...

BFN

Paul
zerkalo

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2006 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I just checked and I have played 21 games in ranked and got only 1 draw against amazons (I had 11% better luck). So I can't give much advice... I have got on average less than 1 tackler (maybe 0,7 or something) in those games.

Have a dp (or 5) and better ff and hope for getting the ref. Dp foul on av7 every turn should do things much easier.

Last edited by zerkalo on %b %06, %2006 - %10:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
kemimutt

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2006 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Make an Amazon team of your own and play a few games. No better way to get to know the weaknesses of a team.
coffindodger

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2006 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Have only played a few games TT against Amazons, usually with little or no tackle - and have always won. Even against local coach who is very good with amazons (he went 5-0-0) until he met my undead and lost 3-0...

BFN

Paul
ankkh

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2006 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

3d blocks if you're bashy. Run and gun if you're playing elves.
flash

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2006 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

ankkh wrote:
3d blocks if you're bashy. Run and gun if you're playing elves.

right! You cant knock them down? Just push them out of the way and score Smile
Fama

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2006 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

coffindodger wrote:
Have only played a few games TT against Amazons, usually with little or no tackle - and have always won. Even against local coach who is very good with amazons (he went 5-0-0) until he met my undead and lost 3-0...

BFN

Paul

Mind telling us how exactly you did it?

I don't play amazons (well, I might, but probably not) because their winning/losing usually depends on the amount of tackle the opponent has. And that's just unfair IMO.

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2006 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Well... Flash have allready said it, but it is a good advice.
Force them to dodge! A lot!
With ag3 they will fail sooner or later, even with a reroll.

I will also add that tacklezones hurt their dodges and ball handling more than elves.
Many players think that they are playing elfs when playing amazon. Show them wath TZs are for. Razz
But otherwise, just bash them. cage the ball and try to get rid of their guards.
Without guard they lack serious punch.
 Jump to: