51 coaches online • Server time: 17:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Thomcat

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2006 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Alf115 wrote:
Thomcat : strip ball is on a normal roll for gutters Smile

yes it is - major blunder - it would not have been on my list if it was a doubleskill hehe
Alf115

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2006 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

it is listed under your double rolls Wink
Thomcat

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2006 - 09:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Short guide to skavens - much of it probly already mentioned here:

Gutters:

Generel:
they are the stars of skaven - sadly they will steal most of the spp. Therefore it is important to make the easy tds and other easy spp with linos.

Use of the player:
They are the stars and is used for most of the important tasks on a skaven team. You can have 4 gutters and they should have different purposes. Some for getting the ball from the opponent others for scoring.

Developement
Important Normal skills: Block, tackle, shadowing, ss, pass block and strip ball
Important Double skills: Horns, dauntless, and Foul apperance.

I personally uses different types of gutters - what kind i make and how many only comes down to how many doubles they get. I CANNOT shout loudly enough about the horns/dauntless combo. It really makes the gutters the greatest playmakers in the entire bloodbowl world.

So if a gutter rolls a double on the first or second skillroll I take dauntless with the skills. Then if he gets the combo - i take (after block ! ) strip ball or tackle (normal rolls).

If they roll normals i go for "the irritating gutter". He works both defensively and offensively. He offensive skills are as always his speed and his agility. Defensively he can hold down opposive players. His skills are blodge, tackle, shadowing and SS. Tackle and shadowing with ma 9 can control many catchertypes. Just a sidenote - if you go for defensive gutters do not take diving tackle - as it does not work with shadowing.

I personally do NOT take any kind of extra movement with gutters. It just makes them Fouling objects. Now a few would state that as long as you have enough linos to only field the oneturner in offense is safe. My experience is that it is almost worse for the health of the team. Tactically coaches will foul until the oneturner has to be fielded in defense and then foul him. Besides they are already the fastest players in the game and can easily make 1 turn tds already.

Linerats:
They will get killed and they are cheap. They cannot dodge and they have av 7. Much shorter lived linos does not exist hehe. But skavens has to always field at least 2 linos at all time and most often they will field 4 or more linos. Therefore they are an important part of the team.

Skills:

Normal skills: Block, Kick (first skill on some lino if not using the offensive/defensive thrower tactic) tackle, pro
Doubles skills: Here there are 2 ways really. Either Fa / Claw for the exotic mutation flavour or guard for the normal way. Personally i do not take claw or rsc with linos. It makes it harder to get non-bash games and guard is in short supply on a skaven team.

Throwers:

Despite only having ag 3 - skaven throwers are quite good. They start of with the crucial sure hands and have the important ma 7, that makes it possible to cover the entire half with one thrower.

Besides this they are relative cheap (only costing 20k more than a lino). I always buy the second thrower before i buy any linos and before i buy gutter number 4. The reason is that i always has a thrower fielded.

My second thrower (their roles can change if a +ag is rolled) takes the usual accurate, safe throw, strong arm skills.

The starting on the other hand is a defensive thrower. He gets block as his first skill. The skills after that is kick, tackle.

Normal skills useful for throwers: accurate, safe throw, block, (kick), dumb off.

Doubles : Strong arm, Big hand and dodge.

Storm Vermins:

First off we will never call them blitzers hehe.

The big difference from Sv´s and the rest of the team is that they are the only ones that can takes strength skills. Therefore they should be developed into the playertypes that the linos cannot become. That in short means that your vermins should be the ones that put the most opponents in the ko/inj boxes. Beside this they are the only players that can take guard on a normal roll.

Normal skills: MB, tackle, guard, strip ball,
Double skills: Claw, Horns, RSC, FA, dodge.

Rat Ogre

The main issue here is weather to have a rat ogre or not. Personally I advice against starting with a rat ogre. The reasons why:

1) they cost turnovers.
2) They do not fit into the playing style of skavens. So they are mostly left on LOS alone.
3) they cost way way to much. You can start with an extra rr if you choose to start with out him.
4) They get hurt and much much more often than you might think. This is due to the fact that the opponents focuse their power around the rat ogre. On top of this he cannot move away freely (without burning your blitz on it)

Personally I love the idea of a Rat Ogre so I buy him later. Not because it is in anyway smart - but I am just sentimental from back when rat ogres where good. Back when they had ag 3, WA was better and BG´s could take block. So I buy him as player number 15 ! and believe me 15 players is not something that just happends with skavens.
TheWeasel92

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2006 - 09:53 Reply with quote Back to top

My skaven team is my favorite team. I will say few light teams will play em anymore because of the 2 claws. Even with only 2 people will shy away..also they assume you have a DP...i get accused of haveing one all the time!

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=238514

16 FF 20 games hehe
move 10 str 4 agil 4 gutter
claw guard block tackle SV(my favorite combo of skills)

i just played a skaven guy the other day that had a lot of leap on his gutters....it actually rocked badly...i am gonna try it! i got womped like 5-2
 Jump to: