43 coaches online • Server time: 14:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What do you think of the idea?
Brilliant! Where do I sign up?
22%
 22%  [ 12 ]
Well, at least it would mean my elves will be a bit safer
11%
 11%  [ 6 ]
Woodpecker, you jerk, stop encouraging carnage
33%
 33%  [ 18 ]
22/7 = ?
32%
 32%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 53

Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2006 - 02:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, perhaps I should try and create a less-carnage oriented tournament, but they bore me. So here's another blood-encrusted concept for you all:
The Fouling Union.
I'm sort of drawing the concept from The Rat Race, and I'm just wondering if it's a good idea and if anyone is interested. I'm not so sure myself.
I enjoy a good foulfest, as do a lot of other people. A lot of people also despise foulers, which is their right. With this in mind, I've run a few tournaments (Cheatfest and LMS, but especially Cheatfest) geared towards fouling. That way, we foulers get our foulfests, and nobody else gets pissed at us. Razz I'm considering running Cheatfest again, and I probably will because it was a lot of fun, but I've hit something of a brick wall in my mind. Most of the great fouling teams are in Ranked, which means Cheatfest ends up being a bunch of unskilled, unimpressive stunties stepping on each other. It’s cool, but it’s not the great monument to the foul that I’d like to create. Of course, since tournaments aren't allowed in Ranked, I can't run Cheatfest there. So, from this comes The Fouling Union. It would work a lot like the Rat Race or one of the Mangling Unions. Any team that wanted to take part would join the group, and we'd run monthly or bi-monthly competitions. Teams would get points for CAS caused on fouls in their games, in the style of the examples given above. I've got ideas for the scoring system that I'll post later if there's enough interest.
Also, so that people realize they're playing a Fouling Union team and don't get caught by surprise, teams in the Union would have to put the Fouling Union emblem in their bio. Obviously, we'd need to make or find a suitable one. By instituting this system, foulers will get more foulfests, and people who play them will know what they’re up against. Plus, good fouling deserves a trophy, doesn’t it? I think that about covers it. Oh, obviously, I'd ask the admins for permission, but seeing as there are other groups in almost the same style, I doubt it would be refused. So, what do you all think?
Synn

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2006 - 02:37 Reply with quote Back to top

This would make it really hard to get games....

__Synn
**Some things are such a given.... they don't need to be stated publically
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2006 - 03:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, no, not really. Why?
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2006 - 08:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, I guess it's back to Cheatfest then. Nobody's interested?
razta

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2006 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

it has been done Smile
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=1249
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2006 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

3 1/7
Plorg

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2006 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

355/113
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2006 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I'll be damned. I completely missed that when I checked. Thanks, I'll have to sign up. You should publicize it a bit more. Wink

Hmmm. Actually, looking at the group, it seems pretty much defunct. There are 3 active coaches, and it really isn't a competition. Confused Keep voting folks, so I can gauge interest, because that wasn't really what I was thinking, although I will be joining it anyway. Razz
Plorg

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2006 - 02:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think this would significantly reduce games for my teams.
When experienced coaches see more than 2 DPs, they have an idea what the game will be like already.
Inexperienced coaches may get caught once by their ignorance of DP power, but I'm not looking to educate Very Happy
and not many inexperienced coaches have TR 200+ teams to match mine.

The way I see this could significantly increase games for my teams
is to negotiate with other fearless groups like E.L.F. to have them recognize your group
as worthy of bonus points or a scaling factor in their point system as they do with E.M.U. member teams.
Their point system needs to give their members incentive to play yours.
banana_fish900

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2006 - 04:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Plorg wrote:
but I'm not looking to educate

Yikes, in fumbbl Academy? That team is like the Blood Bowl Roster equivalent to a Troll post on the forums. Who moderates fumbbl Academy?
JoseBagg

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2006 - 06:55 Reply with quote Back to top

What if you love fouling, but hate getting fouled
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2006 - 03:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Plorg, that's kind of what I was thinking. People notice when you have a fouling teamsanyway, so by making yourself official, you make games against you more worthwhile. The other unions would make for good rivals, if we get popular enough, and if we target them, they'll probably target us... Wink
Razta has offered me control of the Fumbbl-Foulers group, so I'm going to work with that for starters. I'll need some staff for scoring. More to come later once I've reorganized the group to get rid of the dead coaches.
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2006 - 06:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, I've taken over the group. I'm sending out a PM, then kicking all the old teams and leaving Razta as staff. Anyone else want to volunteer for staff? Plorg? Wink
I'm writing up a scoring system for season one. D'you all think it should be based off of SPPs of players killed, or style of foul and effectiveness, or both?

Edit: Group Page
Plorg

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2006 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure.
I see a problem with scoring based on cas caused by fouls.
There isn't any way to verify that except by watching the replay.

IMO, the scoring should be completely determinable by match reports alone.
RatRace does this by not caring about how RIPs are caused as long as it lists the "Player (Death)".
We can see the number of fouls thrown per player, the team casualties caused,
and the list of players with post-match injuries. My first thought for scoring is something
based on the total fouls your team made related to the permanent injuries inflicted.
Tophat

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2006 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Plorg wrote:
I don't think this would significantly reduce games for my teams.
When experienced coaches see more than 2 DPs, they have an idea what the game will be like already.
Inexperienced coaches may get caught once by their ignorance of DP power, but I'm not looking to educate Very Happy
and not many inexperienced coaches have TR 200+ teams to match mine.

The way I see this could significantly increase games for my teams
is to negotiate with other fearless groups like E.L.F. to have them recognize your group
as worthy of bonus points or a scaling factor in their point system as they do with E.M.U. member teams.
Their point system needs to give their members incentive to play yours.

Bah in my opinion E.L.Fs assosiation with EMU and the assosiated bonus is the worst thing in the E.L.F , it should be about playing and beating different races , not playing foulfests and surviving .

Is this a little off-topic Razz
 Jump to: