20 coaches online • Server time: 09:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who will win the GLT2?
Horde of Horca (Orc)
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Skull Crushas (Orc)
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Kraut Surfers (Dwarf)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Hifflitik's Runners (Skaven)
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
Greenskin Horde (Orc)
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Butcher Boyz (Orc)
8%
 8%  [ 11 ]
Evil Hand (Orc)
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
Traitors ! Mutants ! Commies ! (Chaos)
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
Athel Loren Guardians (WoodElf)
42%
 42%  [ 54 ]
Doomy Diggers (ChaosDwarf)
6%
 6%  [ 8 ]
Scharfe Biester (Chaos)
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Untote leben laenger (Undead)
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Agile cats for a change (DarkElf)
7%
 7%  [ 9 ]
Night Of The Living Claws - 1 (Necro)
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain (Skaven)
4%
 4%  [ 6 ]
Haandbold Piger (Chaos)
6%
 6%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 127

Borgen

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 03:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Pick withheld?? I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Scharfe Biester - which lost to a TR 200 skaven team in the UI - is not going to do much damage. The guardians should win by at least 3 TD, and if they take more than 1 or 2 MNG i'll be very surprised.

How much damage do you guys think that wood elf team will really take? It is a fully loaded, 16 man team, with TWELVE Blodgers and ELEVEN side-stepping players. Not to mention six guards. None of the teams in the tournament are going to be beating on it too badly.

Yes with av 7 they could take some unlucky hits, and as they get deeper in the tournament - 4 rough games could add up. Which means its possible they dont win this thing. But theres no way they lose either of the first two games.

Butcher Boyz, who they WILL face in the semis, will be a hell of a game.

The Doomy Diggers-Burr matchup is absolutely the match of round 1, with different draws you could easily see both of these teams in the semis.

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 03:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Borgen wrote:
Pick withheld?? I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Scharfe Biester - which lost to a TR 200 skaven team in the UI - is not going to do much damage. The guardians should win by at least 3 TD, and if they take more than 1 or 2 MNG i'll be very surprised.

How much damage do you guys think that wood elf team will really take? It is a fully loaded, 16 man team, with TWELVE Blodgers and ELEVEN side-stepping players. Not to mention six guards. None of the teams in the tournament are going to be beating on it too badly.

Yes with av 7 they could take some unlucky hits, and as they get deeper in the tournament - 4 rough games could add up. Which means its possible they dont win this thing. But theres no way they lose either of the first two games.

As I said, I don't believe ALG will lose Round One.
However, if Scharfe Biester knows that they will lose and instead
simply focus on causing damage, they could set ALG up for a bad fall
against the upcoming Orcs. Also, every team that plays against ALG will
want to take it into OverTime. If that happens enough, AV7 will fail.
Dominik

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 03:48 Reply with quote Back to top

My plan is simple: Hit the best player with my most dangerous player first. Once he is hit, foul him. Foul as long until he is hurt. Then locate the second strongest player...
Plorg

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 04:09 Reply with quote Back to top

For teams like Scharfe Biester, that tends to be the plan... Very Happy
Malthor

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 05:37 Reply with quote Back to top

*Yawn*

still disliked all round!
JB

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 07:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a quick note from me about the Guardians winning it with 3 more TDs ... I really dont think this will happen, even though they would be capable of such a scenario. But then again this is a tournament and the team can only go far if they dont take a lot of damage on important players, as most of you already pointed out. Now there is really no point at all for Malthor to score and field his players again (taking 3-4 blocks and another foul) once he feels the game is decided.

And about my Boyz achieving a lot in the tournament: could be, but my complete lack of money (didnt want to "overprepare" them) could be a big problem. Especially against teams like Kraut Surfers or Evil Hand (relatively low TR & a lot of money), who will be able to afford a wizard and maybe a star player or two, which evens out my players skill advantage, whilst the opponent still gets quite a few handicaps.

A last comment on CopyCat's surprise victory: I really like CopyCat's style and attitude here on fumbbl (got to know him a bit in F mainly) so I honestly grant him his first round victory. However, I also understand that OverDose is very disappointed now, since his team had the capabilities to make it far in the tournament. I can just tell you what most other coaches would tell you too: take a (hopefully short) break from fumbbl - a lot of people, including me, had similar experiences with "important" games. There is really not much you can do about it and every coach that is as experienced as you, knows that winning a major tournament involves a lot of luck.
For me it worked fine taking a break after loosing on a coin toss to Nandorins or getting thrown out because i couldnt knock a linerat over with a lightningbolt ... even though this is just a game, considering a small break after you noticed you are getting to attached to it, might be a good thing. Hope to see you soon again.
OverDose

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 09:05 Reply with quote Back to top

JB summarized it well. It was a sore lose indeed, especially when I consider the seeding to be nearly perfect for the Agile cats to have a shot (Athel Lorel guardians at the finals) at winning the GLT II.

To be fair I didn't play very well in our match but luck was definitely not on my side. I was shortmanned for the whole match and I had to make some risks and I just didn't have the dice to pull (anything) off.

Made too many mistakes also. Well, I'm going to lick my wounds for a while before I'm able to play another match.
Flix

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Wizard and Morg hired, Crushas ar ready to play. now its dadoz turn to spent money

who will win in my opinion

Flix - dadoz
--------------------
<b>ankkh</b>
----------------------------------------
<b>CopyCat</b>
--------------------
<b>Cloggy</b> - Buur
-------------------------------------------------
<b>JB</b> - Faramir
--------------------
Frankenstein - <b>pmg</b>
----------------------------------------
<b>Sandune</b> - Bendrig
--------------------
Dominik - <b>Malthor</b>

Last edited by Flix on %b %07, %2006 - %09:%Aug; edited 3 times in total
Synn

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I am a big CopyCat fan as well as Chaos in general.

Synn's Sense Says:
Diggers are the Winners!

__Synn
JB

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Just wanted to say, that I got 15k in my treasury after my GLT game against Faramir, which I didnt earn. I had only 10k in stash before the game (checked the roster in my java BB folder) and didnt get any winnings. Now not that I wouldnt want an extra 15k but I dont know why I even got it and suspect a bug here. Or will all the first round winners get 15k? Maybe it could also be from the Fumbbl Cup tournament award which the Butcher Boyz won (not totally sure yet though), but the sum seems a bit strange to me ...

So is it a bug? Just dont want to get accused of cheating afterwards ... well not that I could do a lot with my 25k now.
Gary_Gygax

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

JB wrote:

And about my Boyz achieving a lot in the tournament: could be, but my complete lack of money (didnt want to "overprepare" them) could be a big problem.

I really don't like the possibility to "Overprepare" a team for a major tournament Sad
Watching a team roster with 200.000 on the bank or more and the possibility to hire a star/wizard/weapon till the end of the tourney is something I really don't like...
Just my opinion
JB

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

The point is that you are also taking a risk by doing this - ask PMG for example.
I believe that a team is enough prepared if they can start with all their important players in the next game. But it is also a bit more easier for low TR teams to find "unrisky" preparation games. In my case, the risk of aging or getting a player maimed was far bigger than the chance for a few gold coins. Thus I didnt take more preparation games than necessary - the perfect team doesnt exist anyways.
Bendrig

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I plan on rolling nothing but sixes and win the whole darn thing anyway :p

Even looks like 4 other people believe I will do just that, too. How odd.

It's a strange world we're living in...
Julia

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Impressive that there arent more dwarfs and chaos dwarfs in the end. Happy gameing people Very Happy

Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

The 15 games old Surfers won't pull it off, especially not against such a wealthy orc team. Sad They'd need a miracle (i.e. godlike handicaps) to overcome the Hand. Ain't gonna happen.

Kraut massively overperformed already by winning their qualifier, a triumph only possible because of old miser JackDaniels being too mean to hire Hthark (and a fireball missing all 4 dwarves, and +23% luck, and an extraordinarily lucky block, and and and...). Wink
 Jump to: