61 coaches online • Server time: 19:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you like my proposal?
YES you are a genius!
19%
 19%  [ 8 ]
NO I hate you!
71%
 71%  [ 30 ]
Yes, but I am a cherry-picker
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 42

Diabl0658

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2006 - 01:44 Reply with quote Back to top

i can see that this system would have some advantages to it, it would allow everyone a chance to use their scary bashy fouly khemri/chaos teams, such as this one http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=223439

but it should not be forced, although a seperate, and completely optional, league could be made to do random matches

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2006 - 01:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Optihut got it right! I really should do something about that.

Ahem :I)

-Mnemon
lucifugo

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2006 - 01:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Mnemon wrote:
If most people don't care about coach rating (which they don't, according to the polls run on that subject often) - they'll just pay the penalty and move on.

-Mnemon

But the majority of cherry picker care about coach rating

In this manner we will stop to see cherry picker coachs in the higher part of the tables!
KingKurt

I would love to see the idea implemented in a new division.
With teams in that division, you would apply your team, and the comp would connect you to another team ranked +/- 10, that has also applied.
You can then hire wiz or stars, and load the game as normal.
If you don't connect in appropriate time, your team get's heavy punishment, such as automatic retiring three random players or something like that.
This division would be only for people who like the thrill a tournament gives, but don't allways have enough time to play tourney.
It would be the toughest of all divisions, but I would play it.
It could be called the IT division.

What ya think folks?
Mnemon

Glimmervoid wrote:
personally i think the bigger problem are guys playing every opponent, not just because they are the only ones getting cherrypicked... they help to allow to develop teams faster then others...

And that is a problem ... why exactly? As you play one off matches it's not really important how quick or not your opponents team got to the TR it has in the next matchup. The only thing that is important for the match at hand is the TR/TS of your opponents and yours not the build up history or future of either teams.

Now with tournaments there'd be a difference - in an open league - who cares how long it takes someone to get to whichever TR?

-Mnemon
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2006 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

lucifugo wrote:
Mnemon wrote:
If most people don't care about coach rating (which they don't, according to the polls run on that subject often) - they'll just pay the penalty and move on.

-Mnemon

But the majority of cherry picker care about coach rating

In this manner we will stop to see cherry picker coachs in the higher part of the tables!

Ok - so cherry picking for you is mainly about increasing Coach Rating, and that is what you want to stop? Yes you'd do that, but you'd introduce a whole lot of other types of cherry picking - namely those by the coaches that aren't out there to win, but to smash.

Personally I'd rather live with the open system that exists in that case. And about the post below - those killer teams have a hard enough time getting games already, but that never stopped anyone from creating 'em.

-Mnemon

Last edited by Mnemon on %b %19, %2006 - %01:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
lucifugo

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2006 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock wrote:
Wait... you mix things up... If I refuse an unfair match, I lose CR? That shouldnt be right...

So if I make killer Chaos, and everybody refuses me, they lose CR? Seems like you help the cherrypickers...

If everybody refuses you, you will have a great difficult to play and the next time you do not arrange a too bashy team.
On the other hand if you have a bashy team with this system you'll have a change to play
pac

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2006 - 01:55 Reply with quote Back to top

lucifugo wrote:
Halflings and gobbos are to have fun not to win all the matches

No, I think Goblins are definitely for winning all the matches. Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2006 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok - so cherry picking for you is mainly about increasing Coach Rating, and that is what you want to stop? Yes you'd do that,

So you recognize it?![/color]

but you'd introduce a whole lot of other types of cherry picking - namely those by the coaches that aren't out there to win, but to smash.

I think not: remember you have the option to not play with them (but you pay it)[/color]

-Mnemon[/quote]

Last edited by lucifugo on %b %19, %2006 - %02:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
lucifugo

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2006 - 02:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with the propoal of a new division. I will make a new post with another poll
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2006 - 02:00 Reply with quote Back to top

lucifugo wrote:
Ok - so cherry picking for you is mainly about increasing Coach Rating, and that is what you want to stop? Yes you'd do that,

So you recognize it?!

but you'd introduce a whole lot of other types of cherry picking - namely those by the coaches that aren't out there to win, but to smash.

I think not: remember you have the option to not play with them (but you pay it)

-Mnemon
[/quote]

Okay, but give me a reason why I, the one that refuses a game of a cherrypicker, should pay? He challenges me with an unfair team... why doesnt he get punished?
lucifugo

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2006 - 02:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock wrote:
Okay, but give me a reason why I, the one that refuses a game of a cherrypicker, should pay? He challenges me with an unfair team... why doesnt he get punished?

Why his team is unfair? He have your same strenght. If he is too bashy you will have a simple but risky victory with your agility team.
You must pay because cherrypickink IS unfair
pac

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2006 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

lucifugo wrote:
I agree with the propoal of a new division. I will make a new post with another poll

Er, remember [L]adder? As I understand it, it had an innovative system for arranging match-ups (and thus stopping cherry-picking). People didn't play there and the division was ultimately removed for reasons of site optimisation.

Clearly, under these circumstances, no one is about to create a <i>new</i> division with some innovative system for stopping cherry-picking.

If you want to do something innovative, create it in Unranked.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2006 - 02:09 Reply with quote Back to top

okay, lets see it this way... I have TR100 dwarfs, you have TR100 amazons.... I challenge you, and you refuse...
Now you loose some CR... this doesnt punish cherrypicking... why should I stop challenging more amazons? I didnt loose a thing...
lucifugo

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2006 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

You have not the right to choose your opponent. The system will do it for you. You can only not accept the opponent the site had offer to you
 Jump to: