43 coaches online • Server time: 17:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2006 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I d like to see CR moving naturally through the average result of 150.

Something like -0.1 pt of CR every 2 weeks if CR>150
-.1 if CR<150

That way, you couldn't simply hit a target CR then stop R without slowly dropping down.

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2006 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

For what purpose ?

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2006 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
I d like to see CR moving naturally through the average result of 150.

Something like -0.1 pt of CR every 2 weeks if CR>150
-.1 if CR<150

That way, you couldn't simply hit a target CR then stop R without slowly dropping down.

Actually a pretty nice idea. I like it, although i fear it might affect my CR a lot!
Webbe

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2006 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

So that you can't just hit a high CR and then quit playing, instead you would have to maintain it.

I like it.
PandaPower

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2006 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

On Warcraft III there is experience decay (Like CR), but it only kicks in if you don't play a game in a certain amount of time, depending on your level. This could be altered to fit the CR system, but the variation between CR and time allowed between now and your next match is a bit much to ask really.
Tophat

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2006 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I dislike it simply because if someone dosent play as often as other people there not aloud to be concidered a "good coach" or if someone takes a break .
I always thought that CR was "supposed" to imply how good a ccoach you where rather than if you are particularly active or not .

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2006 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

If someone doesn't play as often as they used to they are not as good a coach (trust me, playing skill decay too).
ProPain

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2006 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I could use that system. at 0.1 per 2 weeks. I would need to stop playing for approximeatly 200 weeks to reach CR 150 again... oh how it would feel to be an average coach instead of a below average one.. I dream wistfully of the day!
Optihut

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2006 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

/boo
PandaPower

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2006 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Tophat wrote:
I dislike it simply because if someone dosent play as often as other people there not aloud to be concidered a "good coach" or if someone takes a break .
I always thought that CR was "supposed" to imply how good a ccoach you where rather than if you are particularly active or not .

1. As Webbe said, if you haven't played in a while your skills are bound to have decreased.
2. If you don't play very often, say once a week, this won't affect you if you have the delay before the CR starts to drop.
Vero

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2006 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Not everyone plays only on fumbbl.
SideshowBob

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2006 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Vero wrote:

Ah so fumbbl should track peoples games on other sites and IRL games too? Or what do you mean?
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2006 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

/cheer

I like it but 0.1 every two weeks probably isn't enough if you want CR to be a competitive thing.

It'll probably add to the cherrypicking though. Smile

Tophat wrote:

You can make that back in a single game even if you only draw. If people are not playing in [R] they they can't be that bothered about CR. If you have not played for months it seems right that your rating should fall a bit.

"But what have you done lately man?" Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2006 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

PandaPower wrote:
Tophat wrote:

1. As Webbe said, if you haven't played in a while your skills are bound to have decreased.
2. If you don't play very often, say once a week, this won't affect you if you have the delay before the CR starts to drop.

it will still effect you . Your cr wont go up as often if you only play 2-3 games a week

i.e bob players 10 games a week ,winning all 10 these all add to his CR
jim plays 10 games a month , winning all 10 these all add to his CR .
at the end of jims 10 games he is .2 worse in Cr than bob . Why should this be ?
Aino

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2006 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

SideshowBob wrote:
Vero wrote:

Ah so fumbbl should track peoples games on other sites and IRL games too? Or what do you mean?

Rolling Eyes It probably means that some people actually still own a copy of the boardgame and enjoy dusting the figurines to play it once in a while... Wink

Aino

Last edited by Aino on %b %24, %2006 - %14:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: