12 coaches online • Server time: 06:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Exempt teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GuitarHero

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2006 - 06:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I've beed here all of a few weeks and there are a few things I've noticed that maybe you guys could hear me out on, or help explain:

1. Why does it seem that you half to have a tr 200 team to play in any FumbblSmacks? All I ever see are Legends or Pro, and it's kinda annoying if all your teams cant seem to get games to push them past 121 or so. Its hard to find games with certain kinds of team at low tr's, what i like about smack is that it gives you a chance to quickly develope a team that perhaps couldnt find games. Yet al I see are team with 50-100 games under their belt battleing it out. I can see the appeal, a quick tournament all in a short time span... but seriously, can we gets some young/fresh teams playing. I always seem to be the only in the chat room trying to find rookie or exp teams.

2. Are there no other tournaments for ranked division? Seems like it would make sense. But whatever.

3. I think someone mention this before, but I think it would be nice for Ranked, or otherwise for that matter, to have the option of entering themselves on gamefinder as apart of a random seeding generator. Like when it shows you the team that most closely matches your tr/ts, but the differrence being that if you have the option selected, (as would the oponnent) you play. No cherry picking just play.

4. "Cherrypicking" Ok, sometimes it's really annoying trying to find games with people saying no, you yourself saying no thanks... But sometimes it really aggrevates me when people want to drill me about "What do you mean your Skaven dont want to play my Dwarves?" or match-ups that are clearly one sided. And then accuse me of cherry picking. It's not cherry picking to think av 9 and all block, albeit slower, is a fair game for av7, 2 blockers and speed. Speed can be countered... All block and most tackle cannot. Anyway, I guess I just dont like people being disrespectful about it. It usually doesn't bother me if they ask "Do you mind if I ask why?" but anything more than that is just rude. Games should be fun... I think the majority of those games involve team on atleast a nearly equal check and balances of abilities/skills/advancements, but the reality is 99% of the time if someone ask you to play, and they've been around longer, they see an angle to exploit, a weakness in your team, or a blatant advantage. They want games that would be benificial or in their favor.. not challanging, and maybe a little rough.

4. Why does your ranking go down if you tie? just wondering.

5. Is it just me, or is the luck meter completely broken?

Those are just a few comments/questions I had, still earning the ropes, ao be gentle. Thanks!
Tymless

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2006 - 07:02 Reply with quote Back to top

#1 how do you think those teams got there in the first place. AS far as I know each smack tourny has a number next to it saying how many rookie, vet and pro tournies there have been and I know there have been quite a few. So just start some yourself and ask someone to to set it up for you. It just takes patiences.

Have you maybe tried hitting the tournament button on your overview page?

you know the one that brings you here http://fumbbl.com/help:Official+FUMBBL+Tournaments

Search the forums for answers to this. I know there have been quite a few. But basically that takes coding and unless you wanna do it this free website is run on others spare time and they just dont have that much of it.

#4a
just say no, you dont have to explain yourself no matter how respectful you are.

(erm, numbering issues)

#4b
Ranking goes down in a tie if you play someone of lower ranking.
Try playing someone of equal or higher =)

its not a luck meter. Its a success meter. try searching the forums. you can find loads of info.

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2006 - 07:32 Reply with quote Back to top

on #4b:
http://fumbbl.com/help:Ranking
 Jump to: