35 coaches online • Server time: 12:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Blood Bowl Variantsgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
arcane257

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2006 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I have been watching a lot Petew's games lately as well he is a good coach, who takes bad luck well. But man do the spectators like to bitch about his style of play. At first I thought it was just envy, but now I am beging to realise that Petew does play a little rough I just don't seem to mind anymore. Its odd that I used to find fouling so offensive and now I am like well as long as it has a viable reason why not. I wonder how long till I just want to foul every turn?

Hmm maybe I should go seek Plorg out for lesssons on fouling.

Anyways the point of this post is whats with all the hate at Petew he doesnt foul that often. I know some of boo him us in good spirits but man some of you just bitch bitch bitch. Is it just envy or am I missing something?

Arcane257
Macavity

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2006 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

You are missing something. People hate yellow fish!

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2006 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think it's something specific to PeteW or any individual yellow fish.

There is some unwritten rule which says that whenever a match attracts 20 or more spectators, at least one of them (almost always anonymous) will start to whine/insult one or both coaches/accuse one or both coaches of being luckers/(et cetera).

On the other hand, there is usually a majority of sane observers who will do their best to get these individuals to shut up!

Last edited by pac on %b %02, %2006 - %22:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Macavity

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2006 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

It's Fishism!!!! Pure and simple!!!!

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2006 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

People just love to support the underdogs - so naturally that means cheering for the other guy and booing PeteW Smile
Meech

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2006 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

DOWN WIT TEH FISH

LEET 4 EVA!

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2006 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

See? They are everywhere!

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2006 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Optihut wrote:
People just love to support the underdogs - so naturally that means cheering for the other guy and booing PeteW Smile

Well as one of the people who boos at Petew I can see that but man some of the comments made are a little well stupid. (oh by the way if you like seeing the underdog win check out Petew last game against NinjaBob)

Here is an example. He plays like such a dick. I took two dirty players just to play him.

I think Pac must be right.
Arcane257
Macavity

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2006 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

arcane257 wrote:
I think Pac must be right.

Mark the Calendar!
Call the Papers!
Get the Smelling Salts!

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2006 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

bah! I like booing petew but because its fun, mind you, I saw my second petew game today, last was ages ago and i was cheering him on! Laughing

pete plays rough sure, but he doesnt give up and try to kill your team and forget about the TD! Not like some Smile , I think some of it is jealousy! When does the crowd stop liking blood?!

Though even funnier was when 20 specs would watch thorpe_star just to boo him/cheer other guy on, as it was funny

90% of fumbblers are wussies! Pay no heed! They can only wish they had a name as cool as petew!
Curro

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2006 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

(oh by the way if you like seeing the underdog win check out Petew last game against NinjaBob)

oooohhhh yeees.... What a match. I enjoyed a lot booing PeteW. Just for fun. Smile .
And yes. I envy him. We´ve played 4 times before, and only managed to win one of them (lucky me!). But I think I'd boo him anyway.

PS.- What's happened with all the pie? so much time since I wrote often in the forums.
Curro

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2006 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

uh.. almost forget it:

/me boos at arcane257
WiNG

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2006 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

The only good fish is the fried fish!
arcane257

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2006 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

WiNG wrote:
The only good fish is the fried fish!

Bah Sushi is the best