42 coaches online • Server time: 16:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Snorri

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2006 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok lads, new season still a couple of weeks off, but we wanted to make sure a couple of points were well known before we kickoff the draft so hopefully we can avoid some of the problems from last season.

Parking Teams: If you're unsure about your availability this season, for whatever reason (moving house, holidays), contact us! We're quite happy to park your team for a season if you've been a committed SWL'er. We'd rather see this than 1) see you having to forfeit most of your games or 2) quit for a season, redraft and lose all of the history and fluff with your old team.

Forfeiting: We haven't had our usual end of season drinks...err meeting yet. But its quite likely we'll be a whole lot tougher on forfeits in the future. More than two forfeits in a season and expect to find your team out of a place in the divs and on the road to fringe. It will also probably affect your chances in a redraft.

Game Organisation: Fumbbl PM's are the official means of organising games (note, not irc!). Send a PM early in the week, and if things look like not being organised, send an email to swladmin a little later in the week. Forfeits will not be granted in your favour, nor extensions given if you haven't shown that you have made all efforts earlier in the week to get your PM's away.

Probably a couple of other points, I'll add them here later along with any other official rule changes for next season.

Note: All of the above is in the Wiki Guide.

Enough jibberish...hope you all enjoy SWL 16!
chunky04

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2006 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

A further note to Snorris post. Please ensure you put in all available information into your email to swladmin. In a case where both parties email, but the game doesn't get played, it will be this information that is used to make a decision. If you don't mention that you sent a PM early in the week, I will assume that you haven't.

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2006 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

PM, PM, PM!

Gotcha Wink

Any rough ETA on Season 16 start date?

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2006 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

2 weeks!
Satans_mechanic

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2006 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

12 more sleeps? Very Happy

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2006 - 03:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Draft

In no particular order.

Glutton - Nurgle
Sparticus - Skaven
ansalon4 - Chaos Dwarf
eagle009 - High Elf
Elan - Undead
Nalavara - Khemri
Dark_Lord - Nurgle
GooseIAm - Nurgle
Ishar_Shadow - Necromantic
Redmaul - Undead
DaemonicLazoth - Amazon

Can you guys get a [U] team made and applied to the league page asap.
Gebannus

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2006 - 04:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Where are the results for the Mr Whippy Regional?

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2006 - 04:27 Reply with quote Back to top

on the wiki.

or Show Old Tournements on the group page.
RedMaul

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2006 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=285448 Fjear the Dead Wrestlers!
OldBugman

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2006 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=647

Thats the page people need to apply to with their teams.
DaemonicLazoth

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2006 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Bunny Slapped have entered the arena.

FEAR THE BUNNIES!!!!
(They are coached by me Razz)

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2006 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

OFFICIAL NEW RULE CHANGES FOR SWL XVI

OK, as we do in each off season, we have a chat amongst the Admin Crew and suggest tweaks and rule changes.

For SWL XVI and beyond, the following rules apply:

1. Teams in the Conference Leagues who fail to promote and finish 2nd or 3rd will be rewarded at the end of the season by allowing to have a TR Cap increase to TR210 and TR205 respectively. Remember that one 2nd play team is promoted anyway to the wildcard slot, but for the remaining teams that will provide a bit of an incentive to stay up, keep that star player etc etc. This rule will only apply at the end of SWL XVI. Teams who finished in these postions in the SWL XV just concluded do NOT get this benefit

2. From now on, all new SWL Coaches will be required to play a minimum of 10 Fringe Games prior to entering the Draft.

3. In SWL XVI, any coach forfeiting more than 2 games will be barred from the SWL. This will be subject to appeal and issues like broken PC's or ISP's will be treated compassionately, but drop outs due to laziness or ignorance will be barred from the SWL. I encourage EVERYONE to make use of the email acct (swladmin@hotmail.com).

4. For Regional Promotions, we will promote as per prior seasons (Top 2 go up), however because of Premier and/or Conference draftees we ususually promote more than those teams to take in the gaps. When we have to do this, we will promote on the basis of TR instead of next best on League Points. We're changing this to prevent well performing but weak teams being sent up to be decimated by TR210-200 teams. So the theory is if you play your games, build your team, you can still gain promotion.

In addition, we will be looking at enhancing the SWL Wiki and other SWL endorsed tournaments.

As I understand it, all Draftee teams are in. We will be setting up the next season in about a week or so... stay tuned to this forum for details.

Good Luck,

Clay

Last edited by ClayInfinity on %b %22, %2006 - %06:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
justbob

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2006 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool, I like.

*cheers*
tribalsinner

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2006 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Seconds that *cheer*

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2006 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I will be looking forward to my first SWL match/tournie and hopefully kick some of my fellow aussie butts. If ya not an aussie eg kiwi even better ><

Jump to: