74 coaches online • Server time: 19:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BigMac

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2006 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

An automatic matchmaking system would be way to difficult to set up.

Everybody who doesn't care about ranking points should get the hell out of ranked.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2006 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I care about having a low rank. So I guess I should stay.

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2006 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

BigMac wrote:

For example the guy who enters the game and says "you hire a star after agreeing to the game, i will quit now".

Or the guy who complains about how boring your stalling is when you actually only do what you got to do to win the game.

Or the next guy who gets the ref, refuses to use it and complains about your fouls instead.

1- take a snapshot of the client chat and report the guy to admins for dropping the game after it was created. Easy enough.

2- Have a good laugh at his whining and keep stalling until he realizes that whining doesn't get him the ball while putting pressure on your players does. That might well take 14 to 16 turns, but who cares? You are winning the game, right? Oh, and feel free to reiterate the "stalling=your fault" in the game commentary as well. Easy enough.

3- Have a big laugh at the whining and foul his team into oblivion if you feel like it. And walk out of the arena witha big big smile upon your face. Easy enough.

last but not least: I do not tend to find annoying-whining-hardcore elfbowlers often... am I lucky or are you extremely sensible at what the opponents throw at you, BigMac?

And on topic: I do understand your point. To be competitive a Division MUST have ONLY competitive players inside it. A single concept team among hardcore winners would ruin the purpose and the significance of the whole rating. But is that SO important? There are Majors, and Smacks, to prove that you are the best. And Ranked is still the home of cherrypickers and "TR100only amazons" coaches. so you will never have a perfectly balanced rating system anyway.

Just leave ranked as it is now. Not because it's perfect, but because it would be real unfair to all those who love it the way it is to make it totally automated.

And while having three different divisions for "ranked", "open LRB" and a "tournaments" would probably be the best, it would be a tad too specific imho. Fumbbl is nice cause it's simple.

One last thing as a personal note: CR is the root of all kinds of problems here on Fumbbl... creating a main competitive division would emphasize the problems, and would only create a place for grudges and malcontent (if I know bb coaches enough).

Last edited by JanMattys on %b %22, %2006 - %17:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
BigMac

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2006 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

lfg for 30 minutes is what ticks me off the most.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2006 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

BigMac wrote:

This I can understand. Sorry but unavoidable.
I solved the problem coaching humans without DP. My hellfish NEVER sits on gamefinder more than 3-4 mins. Wink

ps: one last last thing to add at my previous post: create an automated system for matchups and a totally competitive division, and you'll only see Orcs and Dorfs in there. No question.

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2006 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

BigMac wrote:

How do you know it's your <b>teams</b> they are avoiding?

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2006 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
I solved the problem coaching humans without DP.

Yeah i know what you mean. And that is so sick. So the real blood bowl players have to give in to the preassure of the cheaters and abusers now?

cool developement.
Lorion

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2006 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I find the idea of a gamemixer interesting - and it would fit my playing style really well. Could worry that it would attract too many coaches with an "I would rather foul than win" attitude, thus making it unbalanced, but everything has it's ups and downs. Alternatively just give people the option of putting their teams into the mixer, if they just want a game fast or the gamefinder if they wish to wait and see.

This would require some work and thought though, and seeing as I would be doing neither, I must underline that I am only stating my oppinion, not in any way demanding anything of anyone.

cheers

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2006 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think you know what I mean. This was a free choice. I didn't give in to any pressure.

I just have fun being well-accepted, and showing everybody you CAN be successful without (debatably) broken skills or teams.

To this, you can ADD the fact that looking like a cherry usually gives you more challenges than a TR100 halfling team Very Happy

Earn respect and you'll get games. Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2006 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

BigMac wrote:
JanMattys wrote:

Yeah i know what you mean. And that is so sick. So the real blood bowl players have to give in to the preassure of the cheaters and abusers now?

cool developement.

Cheaters - thats a bit harsh, though I understand the sentiment.

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2006 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

BigMac wrote:
JanMattys wrote:

cool developement.

Don't assume that just because you can't get a game, the problem is with everyone else. If people enjoy playing against you, for whatever reason, you'll have an easy time finding games.
Borgen

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2006 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

BigMac's humans have played 31 games against skaven, 24 games against dark elves, and a combined 23 games against Chaos, Chaos Dwarves, Dwarves, Khemri and Ogres.

While thats better than many coaches (see Malthor's wood elves for example), BigMac you clearly favor the "softer" games with your longest lived team. So how can you complain about others doing the same?

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2006 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

This is funny, i think i challenged BigMac more than 50 times with everything from nasty orcs, to nice high elves and over to my stupid ogres.. every single time its "no thx" if i even get an answer...

Stop whining and play more of the games offered to you...
Synn

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2006 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps by being a generally enjoyable chap in chat and the forums would help solve your problems BigMac. I don't have too many issues getting games and when i find it hard i acknowledge that it is do to my tendancy to misclick when choosing skills.

I also think people need to STOP glorifying certain teams and call out BS coaches when they see them. Understand now that someone like Malthor will never be viewed in the same light as Emphasy or Kfoged. Know that those multitude of TR 300+ elf teams tend to be the result of excess time and not any kind of team management skill.

The change that needs to happen is in people's attitudes..... not ranked or fumbbl.

As for Jan's humies, he challenged me a few days ago..... i tried to run away from him but he started posting pictures of various poultry products. Bastig!

__Synn
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2006 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Well you kicked my ass.

BUT you couldn't take me with you on the dark side!
Mwwhahahahahah
Very Happy