20 coaches online • Server time: 08:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Vamps win another ma...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2003 - 05:38 Reply with quote Back to top

On tabletop, I wouldn't allow someone to plan a move in any way other than pointing and counting, so I don't know why I should be expected to allow people to do it online. If I can no longer call Illegal Procedure, then I want them to have every opportunity to make unneeded rolls. Extra dodges, bad blitzes, it's all fine by me.
veron

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2003 - 08:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Cthulhu wrote:
Practice doesnt make me click better

Sure it does. Misclick enough many times, and you'll become more careful with it.
Sinner

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2003 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

GorTeX wrote:
Sinner wrote:
The price of learning is the occasional mistake...

think of Bloodbowl more as a sport... like Billard... you plan the move in your mind, you imagine those three balls going into the same pocket and than... dang... you failed miserably cause you miscalculated something. There is no such thing as undo in life. There is no such thing as undo in other online games. Think before every move you make. You have approximately 4 minutes per turn, that makes roughly 40 seconds per player, even more if you normally just stand up with pronies. Take your time and think it out. Use your brain. Read the LRB. Play some more matches to get practise and if you play more experienced players, do ask them about tactics. I don´t think no player wouldn´t help you out with some hints.

So long

About the only really usefule advise here is to take your time... That is where most of my misclicks or boneheaded moves come from--trying to act too quickly. It's one of my weaknesses in playing this (and other) games.

Now, don't go assuming that because people make mis-clicks and such that they haven't read the LRB, not using their brain, or are inexperienced. The Java client does so much for you already it would be a 'nice' feature to be able to plan out a move before committing to it. I wouldn't use it on every move, just the important ones or the really long gutter runner runs.

Didn´t wat to say that some people don´t use their brains. But sometimes you get the impression, but I realized that it´s just might be lacking practice.

So do practice. Play games (maybe with unranked teams) just to get a feeling.
BTW nobody will complain about taking longer than those 4 minutes if it actually is a complicated move.

Jump to: