20 coaches online • Server time: 01:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Record the length of...goto Post 145 League and Tourn...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BigMac

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2006 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Alf115 wrote:
Seems BigMac is back

Someone gave me my voice back, my account is still blocked so your teams have time to prepare for my scary movies when they come back. ^^
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2006 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

BigMac wrote:
be prepared to be powned by dice and/or opponent, newbies get out while you still can. Beware: game name is BLOOD Bowl.

Why did you just always confused the competitive part with the "I am though and have balls" part.

SergeiBautin isn't, I think, a heavy bash player. He though belongs to the very best coaches around.

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2006 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Frankenstein wrote:
Daft wrote:
I'm new around here but I read the purging ranked post above and had a few thoughts for a truly ranked league.

Quote:

Since you're new around here, you can't know that the post you refer to belongs to a lost soul which is trying to force its lunatic random ideas upon the community for several years now. If he wouldn't insult the rest of the community so excessivly (the result of a massiv obsessional neurosis), he'd deserve our sympathy - but there's absolutely no need to take any of his posts seriously, they are crusades against an entire community by a single individual strongly detached from reality.

These are former identities of him on FUMBBL and tbb.com:

Force
Toby
Cpt.Powerpoint

OMFG! Dude, you need help! Go see a shrink for gods sake. Then again, Frankenstein is propably afraid of doctors. ^^
BigMac

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2006 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
BigMac wrote:
be prepared to be powned by dice and/or opponent, newbies get out while you still can. Beware: game name is BLOOD Bowl.

Why did you just always confused the competitive part with the "I am though and have balls" part.

SergeiBautin isn't, I think, a heavy bash player. He though belongs to the very best coaches around.

Thats a fair point, still competitive play means capitalizing on opportunities. If i push a guy out, im damn good, competitive, and an arse. Depending on the degree of newbieness of the other coach.

Same goes with a lot of things.
I mean we got to either play nice and friendly or nasty and evil.
And imho we need to settle this once and for all. Make a sign at the door of the division and then run one division with a nice and friendly policy, and one with evil and nasty. That would fix the complaining on my part wich is about 50% lol. ^^
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2006 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

BigMac wrote:
sk8bcn wrote:
BigMac wrote:

Thats a fair point, still competitive play means capitalizing on opportunities. If i push a guy out, im damn good, competitive, and an arse. Depending on the degree of newbieness of the other coach.

Same goes with a lot of things.
I mean we got to either play nice and friendly or nasty and evil.
And imho we need to settle this once and for all. Make a sign at the door of the division and then run one division with a nice and friendly policy, and one with evil and nasty. That would fix the complaining on my part wich is about 50% lol. ^^

well kinda depends. Let's suppose my opponent has a lower CR as mine. I don't need to use fouls and crowding except he start to be nasty. I think I have enough room to win without and thus will start softer.

Another point is where beeing harsh isn't at your advantage. Suppose I want to rob the victory with my rebuilding elves. I'd better not play hard and foul. Maybe I will manage to have my opponent to be soft on me. And this could increase my chances.

moaning about hardness usually comes when what you love is building your team. Since ranked is so many different profiles of gaming, I understand that they hate top play harsh players. And I understand nobody that is principally using R as open division want his opponents variety to be reduced.

That's why:
-or you create an alternative division centered around competitiveness (and it will probably fail, cf.ladder, cf.faction comparison to R)
-or you don't touch at 90% coach pleasure (free gaming + CR biscuit) but improve the CR formula to make evolve CR-caring coachs behavior about how to select games.

For exemple: on one side, a guy like SoarenHighTower, that never breaks TR 150 and play norse+dwarf and vs low ranked coach annoys me, because he navigates 5 to 7 CR points over me, when I do regulary play (in R) vs high ranked ones. We can't compare each other. Would I succeed like him if I did? Not sure. What would he do in my place?

So we can be compared in rankings but it has no real meaning?

I am not telling that I am great neither. I tend to break up against lower coaches regulary, maybe because I lack of a real power style and plays too safe. I tend to navigate with tournaments, where I usually pass some rounds to stay above 170.

Does it mean I could, without it, keep a standart gaming level that makes me win constantly? I don't know. bad luck, inconstance...who knows.

I feel crappy with CD. Supposed a very strong race, I just suck with them. If I'd like to be a top coach, I think I'd have to master this race also, shouldn't I?

What I want to point out is that:

-you won't be able to touch the R roots of free gaming
-you want set a new division with succes easily

If you want to upgrade R, you need to alter the rest.

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2006 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

well the ranking really is highly debatable. my favorite point here is team retirement. if you retire teams, you can avoid a lot of losses. if you go to ups and downs and desperately try to hover at around TR200 like i do with my humans, a couple of losses are inevitable. I mean look at the older teams, those have their share of losses.

So if i set out with good starting races, do some (not even extreme) cherrypicking and aim for winning streaks, then retire the team and start all over i can propably abuse the system a lot.

Thats why i advocate for TEAM RANKING. (all caps here.)
Show me someone who is better than me with humans, and i'll show you how to catch a hail marry pass! ^^ (seriously i think im in the top 10 of all mainly human players roundhere).

One more point about ultra competitive play: A dead Rat Ogre cannot kill any of you players anymore, so why NOT foul the beast? Even if you already won.
xlars

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2006 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Most of the really good coaches is better than you with humans... It is just not all of them who play humans.
I canĀ“t seem to make a human-team win...
-XL

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2006 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Well would be nice to have a ranking of the top 10 human teams and then see if the movie knights made it.
There is no such ranking though, only coach ranking which might as well not be here at all because it holds no value.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2006 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL BigMac...
You have a +12 Difference between losses and wins, a preferred race (Skaven), and +282 Casualties difference.

I have +12 Difference between losses and wins, a preferred race (Orcs), and -181 Casualties difference.

Makes me wonder if three DPs is SOOOOO necessary Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2006 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=teams&nav=1&race=9 (you can sort by clicking the heading you want to sort by)

The Movie Knights have inflicted the most Cas for active Ranked Humans.

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2006 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

There's a far better way to settle this question than looking at tables, or inventing any kind of 'team ranking'.

It's called: <b>XFL Humans</b>.

Someone call Candlejack!

Edit: The current holder of that title is Flix - and as far as I can tell BigMac did not compete.

Last edited by pac on %b %28, %2006 - %17:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2006 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Meech, the sorting by casualties doesn't work. The Patriots have inflicted more casualties than BigMac, and I am sorted fourth despite my horrible -161 casualty diff... Maybe it's me that doesn't get the sorting method...

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2006 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it goes by total inflicted, not the difference in cas inflicted. Same goes true for TDs and games.

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2006 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Meech wrote:
I think it goes by total inflicted, not the difference in cas inflicted. Same goes true for TDs and games.

Well, if I count right the PAtriots inflicted more than BigMac's nights. (807 vs 722)
That's why I asked.

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2006 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorting by CAS is actually sorting by KILLS.

Jan, cherry pick on skaven for a while. Lets say try to play 10 games vs. similar TR/TS skaven. Then tell me what you think about removing gutter runners form the pitch as a winning strategy.

As far as orcs go: They scare the hell out of me. I hate it when i am outblocked with humans. With elves, i know how to protect myself but Orcs really scare my humans. I don't know if i would use Dirty Player against them a lot. First of all, you can't foul if you cant knock someone over. And fouling with the eye is out of the question since they do enough CAS on their own no need to leave the field willingly after stupid fouls vs. high armour.

Imho Orcs are broken, the OTS TTM for example, yeah right first they bash you and then they steal the game... I don't like the race at all.
 Jump to: