54 coaches online • Server time: 21:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
chappy24

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2006 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

JESUS WHAT THE HELLS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE LOL
Daft

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2006 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the info Frank.

I'll keep it in mind. That certainly seemed true in the deathroller thread.
Fama

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2006 - 11:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Frankenstein wrote:
Curious. They do for me.

Well, the TBB link does, but the 2 others just read http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=search&mode=results to me. That's all.

Edit: When you do a search for an author, that is the link it gives. Of course you can manually look for the author, but you didn't say so...

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2006 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Daft wrote:
4. Every 2 weeks that pass without your team playing a game, you lose a random earned skill. This would continue until you are left with a basic starter team.

This is the biggest problem with your idea, I'm afraid. Outside Stunty, FUMBBL follows LRB 4.0 as far as is possible within the limitations of the site and the client. Non-LRB additions like this one are not going to be implemented - especially now that DivX (the experimental rules division) has been removed.

Also, how would this feel to a coach new to the site who came on, played his first game and earned one skill, then forgot about the site for a couple of weeks, before coming back to find that his skill had been removed!? How would it feel to an experienced regular coach who went abroad (for instance) for several months or a year, and came back to find his team was ruined? It's just not a practical idea, imo.

As others have suggested, my advice if you want to play in a competitive environment where teams cannot pick their matches is to join (the right kind of) [U]nranked league. Depending on where you are from, there may be a good league based in your country/time zone.

Snorri wrote:
Actually, I think ranked is a little confused about what it thinks it is supposed to be.

This is an excellent point. While it is still labelled the Ranked division, all of us could point to coaches whose ranking we would consider to be entirely false. In practice, Ranked is the open-play division, the team-building division, the free-for-all division, and the high-profile-tournaments division. It's a lot of things at once, none of which have all that much connection to its name …

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2006 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Fama wrote:
Frankenstein wrote:
Curious. They do for me.

Well, the TBB link does, but the 2 others just read http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=search&mode=results to me. That's all.

Edit: When you do a search for an author, that is the link it gives. Of course you can manually look for the author, but you didn't say so...

You are right, I fixed the links. Learned something new, thx! Very Happy
Fama

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2006 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Frankenstein wrote:

You are right, I fixed the links. Learned something new, thx! Very Happy

No problem.

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2006 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Daft, you have been about for less than 2 weeks Razz

Don't take this the wrong way, but try playing a few games with many different races in all of the divisions before you start trying to change the world.

Also, join a [U] league and maybe a Rookie Smack, with some new Dwarves if you like that race.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2006 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Snorri wrote:
Actually, I think ranked is a little confused about what it thinks it is supposed to be.

agrees with you. Ranked isn't IMO, that supposed "truly competitive" division it's suppose to be. Just the open league with a ranking system. And that's it's real purpose and that's why anything that changes it don't satisfy people.

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2006 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

well, as i said before, is it really the best thing to have an open division with a ranked system (CR)? I doubt it and rather i would like to see

- a ranked division with the new tournamant series and some limited friendlies between those matches (the friendlies are free choice games). Most of the matches are tournament matches. A limitation of the teams playing in this division seems a way to go.

- an unranked division (MAIN division) with an OPEN environment INCLUDING private tournaments and leagues WITHOUT a CR influence
heinz

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2006 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

hey Frank I even heard, that BigMac was another incarnation of the people on your list, but not sure about the quality of that rumour...so you didnt hear it from me Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2006 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

mymLaban wrote:
in some way imo Ranked is actually great, i can play my bashy teams in R against who ever wants to play them, yes thats mostly other bashers, but that aint no problem, here and there some humans, lizards or even elves wants a piece of the action too, witch is usally good fun (though it can be hard to beat them nasty elves score wise) other coaches that like their CR they can play to win, in every match some coaches even tries to avoid "hard" matches and yes some even tries to avoid "fair" matches in order to keep winning, ok this can be alittle annoying but its not really my problem, i just play someone else if they dont wanna play me.

What i like the most of all things, is building up teams ofcourse i like winning matches, and get that FF and the xtra money to help me expand, but i can still do this even when lose many matches, like i did with the chaos team i made recently, they lost like allmost 10 matches or something in the first 20-30 matches, but they still have a sweet blitzer with claw/rsc a nice ballcarrier and even an ag4 catcher, so winning is not the most importent thing in my case, making cool teams that i like to play with is what i want, this is allso the reason why i (most of the time) have 5 teams all above 200/200, others like to make new teams and play in some of the lower SMACKS like rookie, pro or veteran.

So all in all i think R offers alot of options to alot of diffrent coaches and tbh i actually like it, so stop messing with R !!!!!

you exactely summarize it well!

Ranked is many different thing and this doesn't fit exactely to the main concept. Actually, it's an open league with a biscuit (ranking system).

However, if there is supposed to be a real ranking system, it should or:
1-add and complexify the CR system to fill the loopholes of it (it works generally fine but not 100%)
loopholes:
->team selection variety (you should master many races and not just Or Basher, Or Agile)
->TR variety:you should be effective at various TR not just low TR or just high TR
->Opponent variety: Prove that you also can play elf vs bash (in both sides, I tend not to like play elves with my bashers, since I fear a lot to loose. Just the contrary to many bashers quest he he)
->CR variety: you may vary the range of CR of your opponents, according also to everything else.

It wouldn't even need to shakle R (does that word actually exist?). It could be implemented in CR formula.

Exemple:
Current Standart Multiplicator: 2

divide it in Win multiplicator/Loss multiplicator

then apply modifier
plays at varied CR ranges:+.2/-.2
Plays at low TR exclusively: -.1/+.1
etc..

those multiplactors penalties would increase over time:
it's been 50 R games you never played a high CR coach then the modifier maybe reached -1/+1.

If you don't care about your CR and want to build your elves: Go On, you can. Though don't expect that constantly picking elves as opponent makes you as mmmmmm how to say, as valued as this non picking coach.

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2006 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

DragonsMaw wrote:
If i fouled more perhaps, but personally i don't like it. Guess its the 'fair' player in me. But even if my example is poor, my point is the same, it makes cherry picking much simpler with required acceptance with penalties.

Oh its the "no clue about strategy games at all" player in you. Personally, i don't use the Queen when playing chess. Its just not fair using the queen, is it?

can i have a ./doh smilie please? Guy bumping head into wall kinda thingy.
BigMac

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2006 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

vanGorn wrote:
The old name "open division" for [R] was better fitting. "Ranked" is misleading, since you might think the division is mainly about coach rating. But I'm sure that's not the case for most of us coaches. Many of us just want to play.

That totally hits the nail.

Make a "just play, totally open, no rules" division the default thing to play at!

Anything that suggests competition, ranked, listed, counted, awarded, laddered, competed, should have rules that say: be prepared to be powned by dice and/or opponent, newbies get out while you still can. Beware: game name is BLOOD Bowl. (it really is, so sorry bout that!)

Last edited by BigMac on %b %28, %2006 - %16:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Alf115

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2006 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems BigMac is back
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2006 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

BigMac wrote:
DragonsMaw wrote:
If i fouled more perhaps, but personally i don't like it. Guess its the 'fair' player in me. But even if my example is poor, my point is the same, it makes cherry picking much simpler with required acceptance with penalties.

Oh its the "no clue about strategy games at all" player in you. Personally, i don't use the Queen when playing chess. Its just not fair using the queen, is it?

can i have a ./doh smilie please? Guy bumping head into wall kinda thingy.

^^

Why the hell did you asked me to make a thread about your ban/your leaving when you are back 1 day after?

I guess you finaly apologized to Fama.

Whatever that's off topic...