23 coaches online • Server time: 04:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Cthulhu

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2003 - 08:11 Reply with quote Back to top

A undo button would be great. The way I think it should work is both coach must click undo for it to work.
It would be useful when someone does something stupid because he clicked the wrong square.

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2003 - 09:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure about and Undo but maybe a confirm option for the client that you can turn on or off. Eg. You could confirm all dice roll moves such as if you were going to do something that needed a dice roll it would display a yes/no button. Or a enter tackle zone option, if you were about to enter an enemy tackle zone it would pop up a confirm box. Or on a different angle you could have a double click action confirm option. Eg every action you take must use two clicks. Eq to move you click twice on a square, to select blitz you click twice.

All these options are for the extremely paranoid I guess. Most of the time if your just carefull you shouldn't have an issue !!
Xone

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2003 - 09:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Its a part of the game to do stupid things from time to time!
An undo button just gives more reason for some to bitch even more, if you seem to do stupid stuff more often than you like WAKE UP Wink
Surre

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2003 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I see before me matches where coaches roll a one die block and then want to redo it because they thought it was two dice. And then they get mad when you don't allow it. Things like that can really make a game just worse.

Would anyone use a confirmation button? Seem to just be too much work to confirm everything.

Hmm, I may sound very negative here. Not my meaning. Great with suggestions, just wanted to get of working 2 minutes. Very Happy
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2003 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

In chess, if you touch a piece, that's the piece you're supposed to move. In many tabletop leagues, there are rules that if you move into a square, that's where you moved. JBB is already tons easier than tabletop to keep track of things. With an undo, people are even less likely to think, and more likely to whine when they don't get their way.
Sinner

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2003 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

To this i didn´t know it was a one die block: read the LRB about assisting (additional literature: skill section guard) and take a look at the guy you want to block and the players adjacent to his and your square. When blitzing do it before you move. JBB does make it really easy for you calculating all the pros and cons for every block, even showing to you how many dice you will have if you DO the block. Common concentrate just one bit and you will be fine.

Cheers

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2003 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't mind being able to "backtrack" moves that didn't involve die rolls...I can't count the number of times I've misclicked a square and hit the next square to it, which has left me a square short on my movement to make a critical block or such...

Then again, if I just played a wee tad slower, I'd probably negate this problem. Razz

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2003 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I even want to see a feature where you can "Undo" a whole Turn, or Actions including dice Rolls.

Optional, of course, and checked off for competitive play.

But for teaching the game this would be really good.
Vertigo

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2003 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

well i would describe misclicking and such as the human factor Smile
MattiasF

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2003 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

JBB does show how many dice your block will have, before you do the block. Click block action, point mouse at the the player you woulfd like to block (dont click yet), tha block-dice window shows a shade for each dice you will get (redish if against...). If your not happy with that, you can even change action to move....m Dont know if you can change to do an action with another player, though.
Sinner

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2003 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

MattiasF wrote:
Dont know if you can change to do an action with another player, though.

yup you can... it helps a lot when playing against guard teams (hello dwarfs) so you can be sure that you have the right player to block. Dont knw if it allowed by LRB though. I guess it´s just this counting action like " I have to look at your roster to make sure that I get my assists properly" it´s just a help, but don´t rely on it too much, cause you won´t have when you play table top Very Happy

So long

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2003 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Only stupid thing I do from time to time, is that I click move instead of blitz when I want to blitz with a pronwe player. I really hate that I can't select blitz after he stood up Smile

other than that i sometimes blunder in a TZ when I move a little bit to fast Wink
Bassie

Post 11 Posted: Aug 12, 2003 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't like the UNDO idea.
The only thing I would change to cut down on erroneous clicking is the trigger for the action to be combined with the mouse_up event instead of only the mouse_down. This way, if you click down on the wrong square (mostly because of inaccurate klicking caused by clicking too fast or dust in your pointing device or something) an realise this, while you still are holding the mouse button, you can still move your pointer away from that square and the move action will be cancelled. This is the way most things work: for buttons to be activated, there must be a mouse_down AND a mouse_up event. Try it.
In the current game, pushing a button is final. You can't change your mind or correct your mistake, even if you haven't released your mouse button yet.
Just a thought. Maybe it isn't possible to implement or there are other reasons for it I don't see at the moment.

Bassie.
MattiasF

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2003 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Amen!
Mouse up is the way it should be!
Apodemus

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2003 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a better solution, it is called a "Planned Move" button, that you use when working out your 'planned move'. You click to 'plan' the move (with the constant assumption of making all dodge rolls), which would allow you to see if your 'blitz' move was really calculated right or if there ins't a 'hidden' tackle zone that you didn't spot.

One the move is 'planned' (i.e. programmed) then you "unclick" the button and the move executes. This allows you to consider a move (or count the squares) before actually moving.

If you like this idea, pass it on....
 Jump to: