21 coaches online • Server time: 03:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...goto Post 4,000TV!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Grammaticus

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2006 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if I agree that chaos are a lot worse.. Sure, mutations aren't nearly as good, but things like extra arms aren't bad, and claw/mb/po on normal rolls is still pretty monstrous..
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2006 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm curious how effective the new fanatic will be. Almost everything except the random movement seems to have changed. His "blocks" are resolved like normal blocks, so assists should be available. (How will this work when running into a teammate?) He can be blocked himself Shocked
Pushing a prone player forces another armour roll. (So it isn't safe to move into prone teammates anymore) He's only MA3 but can go for it. And he doesn't have to be the first player to move and doesn't need to test for collapse.(This reduces his potential for quick turnovers)
Hard to tell in advance if he's better or worse than before.

LoBBo

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2006 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Well its hard to say which got better and which got worse since there has been some other major changes to the system.

What intrigues me tho is the teams that can afford to have only 11 players on the roster and save up money for other stuff while getting inducements and whatnot.
Kamahl

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2006 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Claw becomes a niche skill - take it only if you expect a lot of high armor dudes. In a league play you can no longer expect ot win against elves and such via claw's attrition. In other words chaos teams will suck even more Wink And for an added stab, even in a extarordinary long leagues [Fummbl ? Wink ] you will be hard pressed to make uber chaos team at superhigh tr.

Necros take a hit here as they have claws on a player that wont normaly go hunting av9 boys if other options are available - but having some kind of protection on m8 scorer is a great benefit, so im not exactly sure how better or worse the team got overall. Nerfing SF does not excite me as normaly my zombies mark big guys [ie Jugernaut boys] while flesh golems wreak havoc elsewhere. And thanks to appo nerfing Regen is finally viable again Wink
Tophat

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2006 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

um can chaos still just load up on mighty blow and guard ? If so i dont think it will be a big problem .
They can even pick up a few ball skills with relative ease , so they just shift focus from uber elf killers to more balanced killer/runners .

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2006 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

As claw players normally plays a lot more vs. other bashy teams, in these games there won't be a big change ( except claws are even better vs av 10). On the other side ... with the new claw rule elves and other low av teams now don't have a reason to not play them. So concluding, there will be a lot more of agility vs bashy matches, what makes fumbbl even more interesting.
I even see this i beneficial for the bashy teams. Vs. other bashy teams everything stays the same, but additional now they won't have problems finding games and will have more differnet opponents. Only drawback for them are Tourney games, were elves teams are forced to play claw teams ... with lrb4 this was a great for them ... with lrb5 it would be quite normal.

So ... big + for this new rule.
fen

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2006 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

vanGorn wrote:
Quote:
Vampire Teams - Better, can apoth their vampires and Hypnotic Gaze has been improved.

Since you have to roll for regenerate after the Apothecary roll, it's not a really improvement. Thralls will suffer even more.

Honestly, why would you apoth a thrall unless he had doubles/stat increases? This is added protection for an important vampire, or a late game vampire injury.
Also it's worth noting that the ability to take +AV and Thick Skull helps thralls stay on the pitch longer. More than any other team Vamps benefit from the ability to pick thick skull on a couple of thralls to help keep them on the pitch. (sure Guard is a better doubles choice, but it's an option that shouldn't be overlooked.)

Tophat wrote:
um can chaos still just load up on mighty blow and guard ? If so i dont think it will be a big problem .
They can even pick up a few ball skills with relative ease , so they just shift focus from uber elf killers to more balanced killer/runners .

On the surface it sure looks like that. But it's turned out that Chaos are just behind every other (non-joke) team until spiraling expenses put the crimp on. Unless you move the basic SE so the (-6 winnings) limit hits nearer TV300 they never really hit their sweet spot. Starting without any skills really hurts Chaos more than ever as they have no big equalising skill now.

There's a thread in the experimental section of TBB that covers a lot of concerns about Chaos. And there was a fair amount of coaches who've played LRB5 Chaos agreeing.
pac

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2006 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

mighty_scoop wrote:
As claw players normally plays a lot more vs. other bashy teams, in these games there won't be a big change ( except claws are even better vs av 10).

And that <i>MB now stacks with Claw</i>!
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2006 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Any word on when these glorious (or monsterous, depending on whom you play) changes will sweep fumbbl?

Don't drop the soap.
Grammaticus

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2006 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

ex-convict wrote:
Any word on when these glorious (or monsterous, depending on whom you play) changes will sweep fumbbl?

don't count on it happening any time soon.. might never happen
mighty_scoop

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2006 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:

is in my opinion not such a big change, because the player has to decide, wether to use it on armour or injury roll. With mb on armour, there will be more stunned opponents but less cas, with mb on injury, there will be some wasted mbs.

Last edited by mighty_scoop on %b %10, %2006 - %16:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
pac

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2006 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

mighty_scoop wrote:
pac wrote:

is in my opinion not such a big change, because the player has to decide, With mb on armour, there will be more stunned opponents but less cas, with mb on injury, there will be some wasted mbs.

No, he doesn't have to decide what to use MB on in advance …

Didn't we cover this in the other thread?
mighty_scoop

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2006 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="pac"]
mighty_scoop wrote:
pac wrote:

No, he doesn't have to decide what to use MB on in advance …

Didn't we cover this in the other thread?

Sorry, read it in another thread (i think on talkbloodbowl) the other way ... but nevertheless ... then players with this combinitaion will have some more cas vs bashy teams ... but after all there will be less cas because of the loss of rsc and that av7 are not affected by claws
Fama

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2006 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

mighty_scoop wrote:

Sorry, read it in another thread (i think on talkbloodbowl) the other way ... but nevertheless ... then players with this combinitaion will have some more cas vs bashy teams ... but after all there will be less cas because of the loss of rsc and that av7 are not affected by claws

Ahh, but don't forget the new PO - it will increase cas, and when the apo doesn't leave the player on the pitch anymore, snowball effect might bring in even more cas.

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2006 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Well if the changes to ogre teams are implemented they become pretty much useless for competitive play. Of course some managers may just find TTM funny and don't mind losing almost all of the games...
 Jump to: