46 coaches online • Server time: 19:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Macavity

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2006 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't worship nobody, but I'm the most respected coach in the world, and I say, BRING'EM ALL ON!

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2006 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

How will lrb5 help ?

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2006 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Inducements?
nportela

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2006 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi to all... i've been here for some time (fumbbl) but never played in THY Cup... (last one they didnt allow me in ...hehehe had 76 games i think).
Now my team has hundred more so i think my chances are higher Wink

Anyway, my team is ready ...and the star hasnt skilled Smile i think its better not to skill him before the cup... he might get a nig :S... what do you think?

My team Khuruk Ai
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=141160
NP

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2006 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Walks_in_the_Sun wrote:
Inducements?

will make very little difference they only give about half the value of the difference . So still the built up teams will dominate , especially with banks in use Razz

Truth is no matter what you do you cant stop a munchkin Razz

The Majors/Munchkins will be won by those with the beardest lineup Razz
Unless nuffle intervenes Razz

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2006 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Frankenstein wrote:
Of course, there are coaches out there who worship someone who is an admin, is in charge of the tournament department and holds tons of records with his team. But come on, lets speak it frankly: These are either coaches who breed uberteams with similar methods or individuals awestruck by Fro'de's and the Blood Falcons' "accomplishments" and will gladly sacrifice their teams for a game with such distinguished coaches.

What exactly are you implying here???
greyhunter

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2006 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Nuffle doesn't hate anyone or anything. he just loves to see grown men cry.

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2006 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

How refreshing. More personalised comments from a particular coach about my decisions, and the views of any who dare disagree with him. Does it get tiring always thinking that you are right?

The difference between you and I is that I respect the right of the 4500 coaches on here who played a game in the last month to hold vastly different values and views about FUMBBL, tournaments, sportsmanship etc without ridicule, name calling or insisting that my views are right and their views are wrong. The simple reality is that even if you find 100 'respected' coaches who agree with you, that does not mean your view is right. With so many coaches with different backgrounds and approaches to gaming, forum posting, acceptable chat behaviour etc, only the extremely arrogant or narcissistic can claim they are right and any who disagree with them to be wrong (or noobs or cherrypickers or whatever).

Besides, what makes your 'respected coaches' opinions worth any more than any other twenty coaches on here that someone else thinks are "respected"? Why are 'respected coaches' views worth more than any other coach's views? I respect coaches who help build the site, bulid the community, volunteer their time and efforts to make this place better, who treat others on here with dignity and respect. Of course, they are not worthy of your respect because they are admin worshippers, noobs, cherry pickers and however else you want to dismiss anyone who disagree with you. Or their views are not worth anything because they have not earnt your respect by what? Winning lots of matches against lots of opponents? Good for them. I retain my right to respect coaches for other achievements.

It is a good thing you do not care about your reputation because you are certainly giving it a workout Very Happy

I make decisions as an admin (including whether or not I play in ranked tournaments) in consultation with the admin team. Whatever I decide as rules for the tournament, someone is going to be unhappy.

If I make it 7 or 8 game straight KO, then people will say it favours bashing teams and no Skaven or Elf teams can last the distance.

If I make it Swiss, then people complain it takes too long, or that someone exploited the rules to finish ahead on points (eg manipulated the rules for tiebreakers).

If I put in a TR cap, then people will complain that teams they want to use/play against/watch are excluded.

If I put in a cash limit, then again there will be complaints that this favours the bashy teams who don't need to replace players as often.

When did FUMBBL and javabowl cease being a fun game and become a life and death situation where you must have the ruleset the way exactly you want it, and any variation is a blasphemy, a crime against humanity, intolerable favoring of certain types of players etc? If the site/tournaments are not fun for you due to such grievances, then you are free to do something else. There are plenty of coaches who are happy to play in your stead. There are also plenty of coaches who want to make tournaments a better experience for all and try to achieve this in constructive ways. Like making suggestions without condemnation. Like accepting that there are many divergent views, and not a simple solution that everyone will agree with. Also plenty of coaches who build FUMBBL and support the admin team with their difficult tasks rather than complain, whine and attack as their preferred mode of operation.

You accuse me of running Blood Falcon Invitationals, but your own posts equate to "I am right, you and everybody who agree with you are not only wrong, but are either noobs or cherry pickers, and the majority of respected coaches agree with me." You don't want me as the Tourney manager of ranked, it sounds like you want to be the Ttourney manager yourself and run *Franked* tournaments! As your ruleset is so perfect, I invite you to run your tournaments in unranked with your like minded contacts. Since you are right, I am sure there will be plenty who want to play with you. And the hundreds that don't, well they are noobs, cherry pickers, power gamers etc so no loss to you. Of course!

I hold onto my views not because I insist I am right, but because I make my decisions as an admin after careful reflection and in consultation with the admin team. The admins make decisions based on Christer's philosophy around how he would like the site to be run. Not every coach will agree with all the decisions we make nor think that they are right and we admins accept that. So do the majority of the coaches. However, human nature is that there are always a vocal negative few who say much more than the majority who are happy. You might think why we have such turnover of site admins over the years. Some of us just get sick of the constant niggling and the complain when things go wrong and take it for granted with things go right attitude.

We hold vastly divertent views and this is not getting anywhere, you are not going to change my mind, and I am not going to change yours. I respect your right to hold your views. They are not wrong, they are just different to mine. I also believe in different ways of communicating and bringing about change than you do. Your way is not right or wrong, it is just different to how I operate, and in my humble opinion, your way is not likely to get you your desired outcomes either with other admins to come after me. If you really think that there are some things that should be changed in FUMBBL, I suggest you think about how you might go about getting those changes made and consider whether complaining all the time and making personalised comments will assist or hinder your cause.

Whilst I believe in freedom of speech, there really is little point in you and I debating this further in public. Glad you have said that you have finished posting on the matter and I have said my bit. Lets agree to disagree and let the MAJORITY of coaches look forward to FUMBBL Cup V.

still disliked all round!
Macavity

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2006 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I think they are wrong.... Where did this "Right to your views" garbage come from? Wink

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2006 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

greyhunter wrote:
Nuffle doesn't hate anyone or anything. he just loves to see grown men cry.

Laughing
Amen!

ps: with your permission, I'd like to add this to my signature. It's just perfect. Very Happy

Last edited by JanMattys on %b %21, %2006 - %19:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2006 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I hate Malthor's teams, but I like the way Malthor thinks.

How does this rate me? Pro Malthor or versus Malthor?
Help!
Rolling Eyes

Last edited by JanMattys on %b %21, %2006 - %19:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
Walks_in_the_Sun

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2006 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro-Malthor, Anti-Falcons?

Pro-AdminMalthor, Anti-CoachMalthor?

Pro-WitS, Anti-Nuffle?
Macavity

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2006 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro-Macavity! What else matters?

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2006 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh course! How silly of me.

wait... does PIE matter?
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2006 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I just ask myself: Play a major with fixed schedules and lots of reputation and lots of CR Points but preparing with an open system and play whoever you want to and as much as you can and have time for it. Dont know. But thats just my opinion. I dont judge about that. Everybody should be free to play whatever he wants cause its a game and its ones free time he spends up here. But things should be seperated. Majors should be in a more competitive environment than ranked is. But I can live with anything cause I love this side.
 Jump to: