59 coaches online • Server time: 15:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2006 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry guys kitchen renovation got the best of me. I will start it over the next hour.

Walks_in_the_Sun

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2006 - 01:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Whoo! First match!

Last edited by Walks_in_the_Sun on %b %02, %2006 - %03:%Oct; edited 4 times in total
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2006 - 01:43 Reply with quote Back to top

That was more painless than I thought it would be. If the group had more than one of a particular race I put one in each group. If not I tried to balance it by TR. It aint perfect but at least we can play some games!!!

I will post round deadlines soon. Notice the New teams will play an additional match due to numbers, and I thought that would be an equalizer to get them up to speed. Next season they will be playing teams with many more matches played. Twisted Evil

Get to playing folks, Northern Wastes League Season 3 has begun!!!!

Walks_in_the_Sun

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2006 - 03:06 Reply with quote Back to top

The first match of the season had the Hugh's Town Astrals defeated 2-0 by the NewOrk Giants in front of 59000 generally well-behaved fans.

In the first half, the Astrals received the kick, did fairly well making a hole in the Giants defense, and were set to score, but Christoph Burg couldn't connect with Wilhelm Taver with what should have been an easy touchdown. Elsewhere, Flexico Duress nearly killed Morgan Hensburg with a brutal hit. The Giants recovered the ball off Burg's failed throw, and marched it downfield. Luck 'Petite' Gout smashed his hand on Adam Everheart's helmet, but otherwise the Giants had little trouble, as Jay Feelers carried in the first TD of the season.

In the 2nd half, the beleagured Astrals tried to defend, and at one point managed to knock out Eli Maiming and spring the ball loose, but after collecting the ball, Wilhelm Taver couldn't get it away from the Giants. The Giants recovered it and began moving downfield again. Craig Viggio strained his back trying to take down Jeremy Shocker, and Flexico Duress brought in the second TD.

Setting up with seconds left, Tricky Barber was hit by a rock just before the clock ran out.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2006 - 01:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Come on Vets! Let's get some games played, these newbies are making us look bad... Wink
prophane

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2006 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

oh no, today is the deadline for NWL round 1 games, and i see that several teams still havent gotten their games in.
What to do?

Get those games played people!

Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2006 - 07:01 Reply with quote Back to top

According to the schedule GameAvatar didn't even have a game due till 10/25! He's one of the original NWL coaches and I certainly hope there was more reason for kicking him than just that he hasn't logged on for 9 days! This action seems very drastic and I'd like to hear a better explanation.
prophane

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2006 - 07:52 Reply with quote Back to top

i will second that, GameAvatar was one of the original coaches for the NWL, and goes back to previous Celas run leagues such as the MNF that many coaches continued on in the NWL. i hope we can resolve this matter happily for all!

Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2006 - 04:52 Reply with quote Back to top

it was drastic and probably too harsh. It will be resolved when he logs back on.

Wink

This is small potatoes compared to some of the other crap that is going on in the NWL, and my action was probably reactionary, tho booting him now would allow him to pe replaced before the schedule gets any more screwed up. But if you guys vouch for him consider the decision reversed if RL hasn't bushwahacked him somehow.

What say you guys to what else is happening in NWL?

Shaka808

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2006 - 11:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Im currently waiting on meech to set a date/time for our second round game.

Been waiting about a week - we had it down to almost a day but no set time or date atm.

Im usually flexible with only 1 or 2 days a week unavailable and most times im good to go the other days Smile Unless of course we have another earthquake like today Smile
Walks_in_the_Sun

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2006 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

whoops wrong thread Smile
Borgen

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2006 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

My opponent (baughman) hasnt logged on in 10 days

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2006 - 03:35 Reply with quote Back to top

FYI, I have modified the Premiere TR Cap from No Cap to a 235 TR Cap. That won't have an impact this season, but I wanted it in place for next season.

Remember, long term leagues will require off-field team management. I don't want anyone whining that they have to cut their star mummy because they didn't make the cap. hehehe actually I do want that... Wink

Da_Todfatha

PS - I would rather you complained about an opponent to me via PM, we are a band of brothers here so criticize in private, praise in public.

Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2006 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey someone talk some smack already, jeez. You all just quietly go about playing your games...WTF? Wink

Walks_in_the_Sun

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2006 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

it's hard to talk good smack when you lose all your games...
 Jump to: