68 coaches online • Server time: 22:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
tgrozow

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2003 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to open a new small league, hopefully one that will go beyond just one season. I want 12 new teams, LRB races. I would like to have 12 different races. The format would be two divisions of 6 teams each, round round robin, with the top 2 teams from each division going to the playoff.
Each season the teams will be randomly entered into divisions so all teams will get to play all other teams over the course of several seasons.
I would like only coaches on the area of GMT-5 time zones, to make it easier to arrange games.

I am still not sure about all the rules for the league, but I first want to see if I can get 12 coaches.

The idea of making it small is so that there won't be too many games, which will make it easier for the league to move forward.

Let me know in this thread or PM me if you are interested.
Mully

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2003 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi - I am interested and am willing to help you out on rules, organizing, etc, if you want it. I agree the limit to 12 coaches to start with is a good idea.

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2003 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I can do it...

Z
Warhammer

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2003 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

What is the game frequency?

I am interested, but I am in GMT -6 time zone.
tgrozow

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2003 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like not to have a limit on the time you need to get your game done. By having all the coaches in the same time zone (or close enough. GMT -6 is good), I think people would be able to schedule games more easily, but I would like to see at least 1 game a week. I am still not sure how I am going to handle unplayed games.

One more thing, if you want to play please let me know what race you want to play. Please send me 3 races in order of preference, so I can let you know which one is available for you. Only LRB races are allowed.
tgrozow

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2003 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I have opened a group for the league, called Blood and Mayhem. You may apply with a new tournament team to that group. Once I get 12 teams, I will start the league.
Ug

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2003 - 05:50 Reply with quote Back to top

How about GMT -7 for us in the Pacific US timezone? (hope I got the GMT time right)
tgrozow

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2003 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I suppose GMT-7 would be ok also. I just want people to be around the same time for ease of scheduling games. and since I am at GMT-5 (EST) then that is going to be the middle point.
tgrozow

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2003 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Just wanted to let everyone who is interested know. I have already heard from more than 12 coaches who are interested. The first coahces that will apply with a team that is not yet used in the league will be accepted first. Others will go to the waiting list. Check out the blood and mayhem league group to see what races are already taken.
caileanhawk

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2003 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I am quite interested in joining a league and have submitted my Undead team "Cannibals and Cadavers" for entry into the league. I have 2 other brand new tourney teams but I would like to play these guys if at all possible.

I hope this is suitable...if not let me know. I am in Canada and thus the GMT-5 time zone.

Thx
Caileanhawk Smile

"Hospitality to the better sort, and charity to the poor; two virtues that are never exercised so well as when they accompany each other. " - Francis Atterbury
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2003 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow. I didn't even look at the topic until I happened to notice who was in it. I've submitted my HEs, Chimerical Fragments for the 12th position. Here's hoping.

If not, that's ok. Maybe I'll get in next season when I have more time anyway Smile

{ edit: Alas! Too slow! No worries though. Have fun, guys. }

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2003 - 03:03 Reply with quote Back to top

pacific is gm-8, i know because im in the mountain region (gm-7). but it looks like im too late for this as well. guess that's what i get for taking a weekend off...

slackman42
tgrozow

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2003 - 04:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Slackman, Keep an eye on the league for next season. I will need coaches if I have any dropouts
 Jump to: