11 coaches online • Server time: 07:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Barghezt

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2006 - 09:30 Reply with quote Back to top

With side view...

Image Image

^^
nonchalance

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2006 - 09:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Sweet.

I need them for my ogre team: The Rather Violent Gentlemen.
The logo wears a suit.
The ogres must also wear suits.

So: the newbie question: how do I install and use it?
Barghezt

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2006 - 09:37 Reply with quote Back to top

The fast method is to rename them "Ogre1" and "Ogre1an" respectively and put them into your pic folder overwriting the old ones. This way one of your ogres will always wear a suit.

Anyway if you go look into your ICONS.INI file in the bbowl directory you should easily understand how the icons stuff does work...

Cool

Last edited by Barghezt on %b %06, %2006 - %11:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2006 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow man, you must be a really fast learner, or a reincarnation of someone who was here before.

Which is it?

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2006 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

And I'm back with yet an annoying request. If we are to actually use your mighty cool ogre in-game. We sort of need him from the other side as well, and perhaps a coloured handkerchief in his breastpocket to tell red from blue. I know the handkerchief idea goes against everything that makes a resevoir dog, but we need something to tell them apart by.

I've added him to my icons, but so far he can only play for the red side Razz

EDIT: you could make the handkerchiefs pink and blue. That way we would have Mr. Pink and Mr. Blue represented.
Barghezt

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2006 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Walks_in_the_Sun wrote:
A Sin City "Marv" ogre would be pretty cool too

I'm sure to have heard Frank Miller scream all the way from the states.

Laughing
Barghezt

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2006 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
Wow man, you must be a really fast learner, or a reincarnation of someone who was here before.

Which is it?

Someone was here before and then died?? Shocked
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2006 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:

Which is it?

Umm... all is shown in the readme file iirc, so its not really rocket science. The guy may be a grapghics designer, who knows. Just dont lay into a guy who is giving something free to the community! Evil or Very Mad
Barghezt

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2006 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, this forum does sport a "search" function. My knowledges of how to customize the icons.ini file come actually from here:

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=5790

Cool
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2006 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:
Cloggy wrote:

Which is it?

Umm... all is shown in the readme file iirc, so its not really rocket science. The guy may be a grapghics designer, who knows. Just dont lay into a guy who is giving something free to the community! Evil or Very Mad

@Brownrob:

QUE??

I didn't lay into anyone. I meant to compliment someone on how fast he learned, and wanted to prevent the standard: "he's probably got a double account" response I feared.

Sometimes its better to give the benefit of the doubt, instead of assuming the worst. I'd say you might have done so in this case......

@barghezt: Sorry if I didn't word my remarks correctly. It really is nice work, and I was just stating my surprise about the fact that you were already doing this stuff, while you have only been here for such a short time.

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2006 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL.. I had assumed that anyway (my 2nd answer was more to brownrob than to you).

Anyway i find it rather easy (if time-consuming) to customize icons. i'm flattered by all your compliments but I'm sure that everybody of you may do even better than me if decides to try...

Very Happy
orko_oskar

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2006 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Another cool character who would look sweet as a big guy is the main guy fom the comic Hellboy. Smile
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2006 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
brownrob wrote:
Cloggy wrote:

Which is it?

@Brownrob:

QUE??

I didn't lay into anyone. I meant to compliment someone on how fast he learned, and wanted to prevent the standard: "he's probably got a double account" response I feared.

Sometimes its better to give the benefit of the doubt, instead of assuming the worst. I'd say you might have done so in this case......

@barghezt: Sorry if I didn't word my remarks correctly. It really is nice work, and I was just stating my surprise about the fact that you were already doing this stuff, while you have only been here for such a short time.

Sorry

Your right, I assumed wrong. Sorry again. Just having a bad day at work
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2006 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I think both Cloggy and Brownrob suck and they behave bad and they should be fouled everytime they write on the forums.

/me takes flamethrower and prepares for another flame war.
YAY! I missed those! Very Happy

ps @ Brownrob: apologizing after first complain is not something that helps to have funny flame wars in here. So either help the escalation or shut up!
Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2006 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

/me headbutts JanMattys

And Rob: no problem man