53 coaches online • Server time: 18:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Deathdarkstar

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2006 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

The Island Times West Coast League is looking for a few more coaches who play evenings (8pm -12am) during the Pacific Time Zone in North America.

We are looking to build a group of coaches who play during this time of night, who would be interested in playing in regular tournaments. Tournaments will be for unranked existing teams within a set TR rating for specific racial groupings.

We want to have at least 8 teams in each tournament, with a new tournament every month if possible.

PM me if you are interested. Our standards are low, and all skill levels are welcome.

Deathdarkstar
lordchaos

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2006 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been in for over a month and nothing has happened yet. What gives?

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2006 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

we discoved that when the weather is nice and the days are long, not many of us play as often. 2 guys from the group left FUMBBL altogether which dropped us down significantly in numbers (one quarter of the group), so we took the summer off.

I am counting you in as the 6 coaches we have so far, so as soon as we can get 8 coaches committed to starting a new tournament, we will start it up.

Any suggestions on what TR rating and or races we should be using?

Deathdarkstar
DragonsMaw

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2006 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I might just be interested, depending on your tr requirements and the amount of time between games.

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2006 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't mind joining in and giving it a shot, but you might want to post a link so that we can refer to the group quick quick without wading through all the other groups to look for it! Thanks Smile
Deathdarkstar

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2006 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Great to here from you, and I am glad that their is some interest. I'll try to figure out how to post thatlink thingy, but I'm new to the group thing, and have never actually posted a message in the forum with a link. But here it goes.....

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=3665

I hope that works. thanks for the suggestion.

Deathdarkstar
Deathdarkstar

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2006 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey look at that it worked!

Just a note, we don't all play elf! In fact most of us detest elf teams, but the first tourney we were in was an all ELF tourney.

In fact after that tourney, we probably won't be doing anything elf related any time soon.
ChrisB

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2006 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Let me know the format of the next tourney. I'd probably join...
Deathdarkstar

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2006 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Bump it Up
Deathdarkstar

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2006 - 05:25 Reply with quote Back to top

keep on pushing it forward

we have 7 coaches in the group, looking far at least 10, maybe 12
Deathdarkstar

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2006 - 09:33 Reply with quote Back to top

All right I know this is annoying, but I want to make sure that this forum sees the light of day. Sorry for those it may bother, but life sucks when there is no time zone to your west and you like to play late night.

OK, OK, I know Hawaii is out there, and would be a later Time Zone. But come on, it's Hawaii. Even I could find something cool to do in Hawaii. There must be a few players out there in Hawaii? Maybe?

So we are still looking for some more coaches to play in the Pacific Time zone evenings of North America, or South America I guess as well.

Anyways let me (us) know if you are out there and finding the same frustrations of playing tournaments against Euro Time Zoners and East Coasters.

Special shout to all those Aussie and Kiwi coaches who like to play in the morning. Nuffle bless you!
Deathdarkstar

Post 21 Posted: Oct 20, 2006 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

OK time to get things started up! Last call for more coaches to join in!

We have gone Public!
Deathdarkstar

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2006 - 08:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations to Foo Foo 4 You for winning the Elf Bowl 06, our first tournament ever.

We will be starting a new tournament ASAP, and starting a seperate thread to discuss that once it starts.

Lets get this rolling ASAP!
Deathdarkstar

Post 21 Posted: Oct 23, 2006 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

November Tournament Announcment!

Starting Nov 2nd - Humanity Bowl 06!

Unranked, TR 125 or less to start, races open to Humans, Norse, Amazon, Vampire, and Halflings.

KO format if we get 8 teams, otherwise round robin with finals in KO format.

Priority to existing league members but we are always looking for new members

No wizards except the halfling chefs, and no more than 2 dirty players on the roster at any given time.

Group page http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=3665
Deathdarkstar

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2006 - 08:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Well since no one else ever seems to post, including those already in the group, I'm inclines to bump this forward in efforts to recruit a few more coaches.

We are going into our first public tournament looking for 8 coaches to play, and we have 4 confirmed, 2 coming, and 2 more needed.

This is our group page. We are not looking for a big commitment here. Just a few more coaches that are on during the same time of night as us, and interested in playing some unranked matched vs some regular opponents.

We started the current tournament at low TR levels, but as we continue forth, I hope to be offering tournaments in differnet TR ranking divisions.

If you have an unranked team TR 125 or under, Human, Norse, Amazon, or Vampire, enter them today. If nothing else you will get at least one match garunteed, maybe more if you do well.
 Jump to: