50 coaches online • Server time: 22:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
dangerman

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2006 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there..
I have a question I hope someone can answer.
Maybe i am a little paranoid, but I dont understand why my tr on my newly started human team the "hammer slammasters", is so unbeliveble high.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=299918 <--- the team Cool

It is a good team I know, but I still dont get the tr. I played a match where no players got skill, the team increased ff, but sundently the teamvalue was 5 higher? Is it the money? I dont wanna buy any players as it just makes the tr even higher.
And does the first number count or the second number 206/181 Smile

If anyone can cure my paranoia it would be great Very Happy
Fama

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2006 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

It's the money. And buying players does NOT increase your TR at all. Maybe you should read how to calculate TR. It's in the LRB.

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2006 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

well, 290k cash is 29 TR points...

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2006 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Buying players increases your TS, but your TR should drop due to ridding yourself of all that cash. If you REALLY cant think of anything to spend it on. Challenge a Chaos Dwarf team and then proceed to hire Morg and Griff or something Very Happy They deserve it...

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
Colin

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2006 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Those numbers represent Team Rating (see LRB 4) and Team Strength (a FUMBBL-specific rule - explained here.) in the form:

Team Rating / Team Strength

FF, Treasury and SPPs (even if they don't gain a skill) contribute to Team Rating. This has changed in LRB 5 (not implemented by FUMBBL yet) to Team Value, which more closely resembles Team Strength than Team Rating.

Last edited by Colin on %b %20, %2006 - %13:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
Markus

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2006 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

tr doesnt drop by buying players, it doesnt change at all. only buying rr drops tr by 5 per rr.

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2006 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, your humans have cherry-picked quite a bit, having played 9/11 matches against elves and skaven... as a result, you have 2 kinds of players... positionals with a lot of skills, and linemen without any skills.

now, if you combine that with 'light teams' not causing any serious injuries against you, your cash has become excessive as u have nowhere to spend it...

now, i'd recommend hiring 2 linemen, and firing them immediately. this will rid you of 100k, ie 10TR. then start playing against some other races so that ur team thins out a bit, and u will find that your TR will balance itself out, providing you fire all niggled players when they occur...

or... buy another reroll and start making silly completions with the unskilled linemen till they get block, and then ditch the extra re-roll...

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
dangerman

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2006 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

thx all Smile

just one more question Smile
does the handicap rolls match the tr or the ts?
Mateuszzzzzz

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2006 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

tr
Markusen

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2006 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

TR
dangerman

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2006 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

thx again..
The answers are so fast Ill read the rest in the lrb..
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2006 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

It matches TR, and you should REALLY read the living rule book.

Hint: I'd face some chaos-orc-dwarf team if I were you. You might win, or you might lose but learn something, and you would have something to spend your cash on (i.e. dead players replacement)

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2006 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

No, never hire and fire players just to drop your team rating. Buy Wizards or Star Players!
dangerman

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2006 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
It matches TR, and you should REALLY read the living rule book.

Hint: I'd face some chaos-orc-dwarf team if I were you. You might win, or you might lose but learn something, and you would have something to spend your cash on (i.e. dead players replacement)

Ill read it.. I play in a league where we have oher rules.. if you wanna question wether I should have more experiense, I actully play very desent.. Cool
Topper

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2006 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I don´t get how on earth you can have a CR of around 166 and never have read the rulebook and doesn´t know how to calculate TR.
Cudos to that my friend.
 Jump to: