41 coaches online • Server time: 14:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kelharis

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2006 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I had a game where I was stopped 5 turns in a row with 1d blitzes. Lost 1-0 even though I outnumbered 11-6 by the end of the first half. Just curious if anyone has had more TD saving 1d blitzes against them in a game?
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2006 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

How about covering the ballcarrier when you outnumber your opponent 11 to 6? Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2006 - 11:41 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
How about covering the ballcarrier when you outnumber your opponent 11 to 6? Wink

Wink
Pingo

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2006 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

well not five i think
but i have done, and have opponent do to me, some pretty amazing saves.

of course you cover the outnumbered team. but when a player realize that unless he starts getting lucky his opponent will stall to victory the low-odds playbook should be used. Say two 5+ dodges, a 4+ dodge, 2 GFI and a single die POW blitz. Its not impossible just hard. If its the best you can do in a given game it is the right play.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2006 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course Pingo.

I was just trying so look witty Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2006 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

1d blocks are part of the game.
No risk - no fun.

Macavity

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2006 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Ooga Chaka!

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2006 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

You're never safe, not even when they do 3d blocks, your choice. Those pesky buggers will always furn for it and push you back that one square you didn't want to be pushed back to...

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2006 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

in most circumstances it's better to block than be blocked, even on 1d... even less...
def909

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2006 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Walks_in_the_Sun wrote:
in most circumstances it's better to block than be blocked, even on 1d... even less...

true, i love -2d blocks against big guys (or mummies, or black orcs) without block - more than 2/3 chance not to be knocked over and 25% chance to knock that player over Wink
Lishi

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2006 - 09:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, can´t beat 5, but had this here one time:

I got a ST4 Blodge Amazon-catcher. Looked, like she had been through, but my opponent made a blitz (-2 db), sprinted two times and had a double pow! (chance 1/36). Okay, this maybe happens. At least, he couldn´t reach the ball. My catcher could stand up next turn, picked up the ball (with a reroll), but I didn´t want to risk a going for it. My opponent blitzed again (-2 db) and had a double pow again!
quickie

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2006 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Lishi wrote:
I got a ST4 Blodge Amazon-catcher. Looked, like she had been through, but my opponent made a blitz (-2 db), sprinted two times and had a double pow! (chance 1/36). Okay, this maybe happens. At least, he couldn´t reach the ball. My catcher could stand up next turn, picked up the ball (with a reroll), but I didn´t want to risk a going for it. My opponent blitzed again (-2 db) and had a double pow again!

Hehehe... That's Bloodbowl how I like it! Vote for more risky moves and less whining!
Ironik

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2006 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

hey 1d block against a ball carrier ARE fun!!!! Definitely!!! The epithome of fumBBl Twisted Evil
Colin

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2006 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

If it means stopping a TD, I'll even make a -2db, if it's the only option left to me. It's what rerolls are for, and is part of the game.

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2006 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

1 die blocks are ok, after all they've got a higher success than failure rate. I probably wouldn't do -2db blocks (not on purpose at least) unless they involve a crowdpush somehow.
 Jump to: