34 coaches online • Server time: 00:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Arcon

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2006 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Optihut wrote:
1 die blocks are ok, after all they've got a higher success than failure rate. I probably wouldn't do -2db blocks (not on purpose at least) unless they involve a crowdpush somehow.

Depends on what you call success. When you are unskilled trying to take down that blodger, actually, the failure chance is higher than the success one...
-2d blocks on Ballcarriers become fun once you get strip ball. Then you only need AG5 and leap and here goes the big show! Wink
PARC

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2006 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

It all depends on luck and i usualy avoid 1d blocks cause i seem to have a certain skull karma for them Smile
And just a curiosity about blocks Smile i drawed a game vs skaven because he's skilless gutter blitzed my block thrower -3dice, 2dodges 1 pow ridiculus but at least he stayed near 6 of my players 2 of them with tackle i blocked him 3dice got 3 pushes rr 3 skulls... he got dodged into 2 tackle zones without dodge (i had tackle) and got away and scored.... no comments i hate skaven and even more gutters.
Colin

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2006 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Any good Wood Elf coach can tell you the value of -2d blitzes (with Strip Ball) into the heart of a cage. The RRs are needed to reroll the Leap or the block. It doesn't work every time, but the trick is to make it count when it does i.e. score that turn!

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2006 - 04:51 Reply with quote Back to top

1dbs are nothing... they are what strip ball was invented for. You're only unlucky when they need to dodge 5 times, 2gfi and -3db without block on a blodger and make it. With an ag1 d00d. That... that isnt supposed to happen. 1dbs are supposed to happen.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2006 - 05:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Usually 1d blocks are all I can get on the ballcarrier...and all I need.

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2006 - 07:36 Reply with quote Back to top

fumbbl cup game, I was bashing a high elf team with my humans and he was running out of players. I was holding up the ball doing damage with the plan of equalising at 1-1 and then winning in overtime. Had count luthor carrying the ball (blodge) blocked by a player with no block or tackle so 2 dice against with almost any result a positive for me..... he rolled both pows!!! Anything else i would have scored.
Poo....
Dirty Elves.
gregory_n_white

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2006 - 07:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I just found out i lied.... darned memory. The high elf had block and strip ball. Still, it was two pows on 2 dice against..... and still a good story!
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=1400133
PandaPower

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2006 - 08:58 Reply with quote Back to top

1db crowdpushing is .definately. fun. Leaping strip ball is also fun, but less so Smile
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2006 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I had a snotling hit me once. 3 dice, and I pick.... All pows. 3 fricken pows. I chose the left one. I still won eventually, but that stoped me in the half.

Jeffro
amstar34

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2006 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

-2db crowdpushing with a reroll can be a good tactic. 4/9 chance to send someone off the pitch on the first roll; almost 7/10 chance if you reroll. Just expect your player to be on the ground instead and choose your positioning accordingly.