22 coaches online • Server time: 02:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you like the idea?
1 Absolutely
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
2 ...
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
3 ...
2%
 2%  [ 7 ]
4 ...
2%
 2%  [ 7 ]
5 Not at all
88%
 88%  [ 233 ]
Total Votes : 262

BusterXXXL

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2006 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, Stalling is always an issue. Lots of people do it, lots of others don't like it.

I thought a little extra-rule could make it way more interesting:
extra-time (not the kick-off result)
On turn 7 the game ends on a 5+, on turn 8 on a 4+, else a 9th turn will be played.
Average game length will be 8 turns per half as usual, but stalling will be a greater risk. If you stall past turn 7 you may not have any chance to score.
But if you score on turn 7 your opponent may be lucky and have two turns left to score.

Besides making the timing for stall games more difficult this could help to reduce the boring situation when one side realizes it has got no chance to score anymore and so can only concentrate on bashing and fouling.
As you can never really know if its the last turn (o.k. until you reached turn 9 that is, which wont happen too often) the team who tries to get into scoring position until the last minute will occassionally get its awards for this.
Gumbo

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2006 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

No

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2006 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

With due respect, I would rather be stripped naked, have my skin lightly shredded all over with a wire brush, be tied to a cactus, and have fragile glass balls filled with lemon juice catapulted at me for 5 hours than implement this.

Sorry, but I hate it.

Last edited by Macavity on %b %26, %2006 - %22:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2006 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

If your opponent stalls... deal with it... I didnt like it before, same with fouling, but after 1000 games you just realize its part of the game. Learn to defend better and keep pressure... Simple as that.
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2006 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I think we should make all players MA13, so we can score all the time and nobody has to stall!

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2006 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Just bring back the good old overpowered deathzone game winning special play cards.
Whenever your opponent started to stall you just picked up your cards and grinned evilly to yourself. Twisted Evil

It also made crowd pushed more dangerous as you could kill his apothecary or wizard.

Who cares if it came down to who got the best cards rather than skill.

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2006 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

It is simply much easier to learn how to play proper positioning than change the rules for the complete morons who seem to think it is the opponent's responsibility to give them a chance to win.....

in other words..... dry em.

__Synn
hunter

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2006 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Stalling is why God invented fouling. Shocked

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2006 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
With due respect, I would rather be stripped naked, have my skin lightly shredded all over with a wire brush, be tied to a cactus, and have fragile glass balls filled with lemon juic catapulted at me for 5 hours than implement this.

Sorry, but I hate it.

Ah come on thats what you do all day eh;-)
Macavity

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2006 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I would if the Cacti in Manitoba grew over 6 inches high.... Sad

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2006 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Nobody stalls me. Why? because I always thry to take the ball from the opponent. Much easier than changing the rules, rewriting the client, fumbbl code etc.
And totally agree with synn.
def909

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2006 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

To put it Macavity-style: I´d rather be stripped butt-naked, handcuffed, having obscenities painted all over me with lipstick and spanked by two rather unfriendly ladies dressed in black leather until I scream "oklahoma" than play with this rule. Err... nevermind, you get the point Wink But I also don´t see any problem in stalling. I may not be the best coach out there, but it is a rare event that someone manages to stall more than one turn against me. Unless you are seriously down players and heavily outnumbered, if anyone stalls against you your defence is weak.
Azurus

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2006 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

BusterXXXL wrote:
Well, Stalling is always an issue. Lots of people do it, lots of others don't like it.

I don't like wardancers. Can we have them banned from each drive on a 5+ before kickoff?

Seriously, stalling is a perfectly legitimate tactic. If you don't like it, improve your defence. If your opppnent is in a position where they are able to stall, you've either been outplayed or outdiced.

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2006 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok.... we need some re-defining of what "Macavity-Style" is......

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2006 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Admins.. please start the "make a forum post about stalling or fouling and get banned"tactic...
 Jump to: