61 coaches online • Server time: 22:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Gebannus

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2007 - 07:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Clay, your pun fair bowled me over.

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2007 - 07:41 Reply with quote Back to top

This constant punning is positively ungentlemanly.
Gebannus

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2007 - 07:47 Reply with quote Back to top

nonchalance wrote:
This constant punning is positively ungentlemanly.

that declaration seemed a bit early
nonchalance

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2007 - 08:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I was all out of intelligent comments.
Virral

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2007 - 09:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I call an LBW... lame before witty (ok that was pretty awful)

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2007 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Quod wrote:

Not many fringe games are played because fringe no longer has the importance it once had, ie building a team up ready for playing in the real league. But anything that attracts Oz timezone based people to the SWL channel, will help get more fringe games played.

That was never fringe's purpose......
Patrician

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2007 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Quod wrote:

Quod you have an evil imagination, so while I'd like to quote you I can't bring myself to Smile
zappster

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2007 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure if there is intrest but a swl 7's league might be interesting(only becuas ei play rugby and the 7's form,at is great fun), could run along similar lines of the 4x4 league maybe with a few changes, ideas, thoughts?
gregory_n_white

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2007 - 01:42 Reply with quote Back to top

id prefer 7's, 4v4 is too onesided if you get a cas, or a mng. 7's gives a little more leeway.
Virral

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2007 - 01:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys,

So... Season 2 is over. I think it went pretty well, although unfortunately it was a bit spoilt by a few who kept forfeiting/dropping out and generally causing trouble. On the whole though, I am really pleased with how it turned out (apart from the bit where I got smashed, over and over again) and I hope everyone had a good time with it.

To be honest, I'm not sure that much needs to change at this point. The racial balance wasn't an issue that I could see, and although a few slackers quit completely as soon as their best player was lost, on the whole people seemed happy to stick it out when they had a rough run (gold star for Patrician!). One thing I would possibly suggest is a return to two week matches, because we did have more trouble with people not getting organised this season (and quite a few double forfeits which was surprising).

One thing we didn't decide on was how many promotions/relegations there would be. We had 10 players in the prem league, and 8 in the regionals. Unfortunately we have also waved good bye to Toonook and Bartgoon for multiple forfeits from prem, along with Glutton from regionals. Nonchalance has also let me know that he will be bowing out of future seasons, leaving us with 8 and 6. I had intended a 4 person shift (so the top half of regionals vs the bottom half of prem), but I will hold off until I know who is continuing and who is rebooting. Depending on numbers, we might go back to a single competition, we can see how we go.

So at this point, please let me know if you are interested in continuing. I am happy to keep running things, but I'm hoping we can keep the admin work down to a minimum, so if you really don't think you can see the season through, I would appreciate it if you let me know now rather than half way through the season.

Also, if you do want to start a new team, that's fine too. I will definitely be rerolling a new team, after my undead failed me so horribly this season. Again, I am comfortable with people choosing whichever team they would like, but I reserve the right to step in if one race is getting too many coaches (ala the Chaos this season).

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2007 - 01:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in for more!

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2007 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Ansalon4 has just PM'ed me, and he is in too.

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2007 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Virral i am also keen to give it a go this season.
Count me in
Faibios

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2007 - 02:03 Reply with quote Back to top

would i need a new team or can http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=330694
join.

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2007 - 02:07 Reply with quote Back to top

You would need a new team Faibios