63 coaches online • Server time: 21:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MrGrieves

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Wouldn´t it be good for ranked games that matches would be arranged between the most suited teams (TR) that are connected at the same time... And forget about cherrypicking and all this "I dont want to play with you, you don´t want to play with me..." moaning???
kemimutt

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be good foor bashing teams. It would be bad for poor av7 teams.

And remember, its the bashing coaches that are most cherrypicking. Everyone want to play that elfteam, but noone wants to play the many-MB orcs. Why not, were they not only looking at the tr/str as they said when they challenged the elfs?

A elfteam normally plays vs teams with 2-3 more MB, Claws, RSC (or even more), while the basher teams start whining if the challenger has one more.
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

But think about that: How bashy can bashy teams be if they cant choose there opponents?
MrGrieves

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I know what you mean... But i still think that if you wouldn´t have control over who are you playing with, everybody would get their ration of bashing and soft games so everything would get balanced by itself.
Meech

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Take Jump Up or Stand Firm

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

kemimutt wrote:
It would be good foor bashing teams. It would be bad for poor av7 teams.

Why? Is a bashing team always better than a AV7 team? I doubt it. Or are you thinking (like most people) that Ranked is a place for building teams, not winning games?
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

is this another "we should stop open from being open" thread. where were all these people who moan about cherrypicking when ladder was dying on its lonely arse?

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I have changed my mind. I have decided to now take the high road.

@MrGrieves: THis subject had been discussed to death. Although you may feel like you have brought a valid new point, you in fact are digging through the same mud that has been searched for gold so many times before. I suggest you play who you can when you can and don't worry about what others do. You are not anyone else's keeper.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I love how everytime one of these suggestions get made...... some coach immediately shoots back "but what about the poor av 7 teams!"

To all of you... you disgust me. Especially Meech. There will be no "high roading" today.

__Synn
Macavity

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

"You take the High Road, and I'll take the Low road......"

Read the "Sticky" on Searching the forum.

Then read my "For the Americans" thread.

Then make a poll about how cool I am.

Welcome to fumbbl, where we are nicer once you get to know us!

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Fumbbl isn't about winning or losing, playing fair or cherrypicking... it's about boosting Macavity's ego...
Fama

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

McLaren wrote:
Fumbbl isn't about winning or losing, playing fair or cherrypicking... it's about boosting Macavity's ego...

Amen.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, THAT's going straight into the Bio! Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

What if "Random matches" ment getting a random team and a random opponent? Ofcause within some TS limit or even CR.

No cherrypicking. No complains about fouling in turn 16. A true challenge of your coaching skill.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a lovely tournament idea.