50 coaches online • Server time: 12:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2006 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

We have Rookie Rumbles but why no Experienced, Vetran e.t.c. Rumbles?

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2006 - 01:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Who would like to play Smacks then?
toonook

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2006 - 05:02 Reply with quote Back to top

How do we get involved in smacks for that matter? the group page is unclear. Is there set times or is it be in the #fumbblsmack chat room at the right time and luck out sort of thing

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2006 - 05:29 Reply with quote Back to top

its a luck out sort of thing

Malthor

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2006 - 06:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I am sure there would be many who would like to play in a weekly or bi-weekly KO tournament like the RRR.

Not everyone can play 2 games in a row (the SMACK format).

Certainly something I will look into and discuss with the Admin team.
----------
Additional thoughts:

The Smacks give +1 FF

The RRR gives 100K and +1 FF but has 16 teams instead of 8.

I extra 100K is an incentive to get coaches playing in the RRR, and also a way to help new coaches get a guaranteed game as well.

If we did impliment some additional Rumbles at higher TR bands, the prize would not be 100K.

still disliked all round!
toonook

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2006 - 08:19 Reply with quote Back to top

couldnt make it 100k for a comp that you could play regularly, the 100k bonus works because you can only enter it once. It'd have to be a smaller bonus, enough to get people interested but not massively overpowered. Probably 50k or lower. Hell I'd enter just for the +1 FF and prestige
xcver

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2006 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Malthor wrote:

Additional thoughts:

The Smacks give +1 FF

I extra 100K is an incentive to get coaches playing in the RRR, and also a way to help new coaches get a guaranteed game as well.

If we did impliment some additional Rumbles at higher TR bands, the prize would not be 100K.

yeah right. Have you looked at most RRR teams? I doubt that more than 10% are played on after the rumble since they most often start with a as low as possible fan factor to max out positionals and rerolls. Also it's almost always the same coaches playing and what's even more important the same races. Some Races are drastically underrepresented due to the fact that they're simply not that good at lower TR's. I fail to see the RRR as a playground for new players but as a CR pumper for experencied coaches who dump their RRR teams right after competing.

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2006 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

So, would higher TR Rumbles help?

Teams designed for longevity could come in at TR125 or higher and would have somewhere to go when the tournament is over.

On another point. How do we know when a SMACK is recruiting? How about a message on the Gamefinder page.

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2006 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

xcver wrote:
Malthor wrote:

Additional thoughts:

The Smacks give +1 FF

yeah right. Have you looked at most RRR teams? I doubt that more than 10% are played on after the rumble since they most often start with a as low as possible fan factor to max out positionals and rerolls. Also it's almost always the same coaches playing and what's even more important the same races. Some Races are drastically underrepresented due to the fact that they're simply not that good at lower TR's. I fail to see the RRR as a playground for new players but as a CR pumper for experencied coaches who dump their RRR teams right after competing.

Quite correct.

That's why I'm going against the grain and playing RRR with every race from Amazon to Wood Elves! Yay.

Currently I'm at Gobbos and Halflings and I have lots of fun!
xcver

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2006 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

SideshowBob wrote:
xcver wrote:
Malthor wrote:

Additional thoughts:

The Smacks give +1 FF

Quite correct.

That's why I'm going against the grain and playing RRR with every race from Amazon to Wood Elves! Yay.

Currently I'm at Gobbos and Halflings and I have lots of fun!

yep I saw your teams and task. Nice idea have fun Smile

I just hope you won't encounter too much dwarves with those two Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2006 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

On another point. How do we know when a SMACK is recruiting? How about a message on the Gamefinder page.

A message on the GF page is a good idea, IMO. But usually there are people yelling about it on the main channel on IRC, so it's not a big problem. And you can always pop in and check if a SMACK is forming.

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2006 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea of ranked tourneys for the average TRs, high TR got the majors and rookie teams have the rumbles, smacks are available but not all like/can play 2 games back to back.

I don't think the +ff and 100k is too large of a prize when 16 teams join but that's for the admins to decide.

And of coarse we like to keep our ranked tourney manager busy. Razz
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2006 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

Unranked is the right place for that kind of tournament. The Orca Cola Cups for example.

koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2006 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

vanGorn wrote:
koadah wrote:

Unranked is the right place for that kind of tournament. The Orca Cola Cups for example.

I do play in the Orca Cola Cups and they are excellent.

If I play all my games in [U] I'll never have a TR200+ team to play in Major.

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2006 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Fama wrote:
koadah wrote:

A message on the GF page is a good idea, IMO. But usually there are people yelling about it on the main channel on IRC, so it's not a big problem. And you can always pop in and check if a SMACK is forming.

I don't usually pay much attention to the main channel. I'm sure a lot of others don't either.

I just put my team on gamefinder and do something else until a game offer pops up.

Most of my games are arranged in advance anyway.

As I usually don't have time to play a SMACK, I need a reminder that they exist on those occasions when I do have time. Smile

Jump to: